Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Other posted:

People are allowed to be annoyed at the mods being unfunny yet again and acting like their hysterical for voicing that about it is also annoying as poo poo

it feels like the thread in particular is getting hosed with. like the move and subsequent move from BFC wasn't all that long ago. and its a weird thread to single out like this twice i guess lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Counterpoint: the move to BYOB is completely fine because this place is chill, unlike the finance move where financebro dickheads immediately swooped in asking what sets were best for investing in and reselling

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a mod either joking or not unironically thinking to themselves 'well we're trying to think of want we want to do with the lego thread'. hey, how about loving nothing for like 20 seconds.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

as someone who has the thread bookmarked because I like seeing what cool things people make

why do you give a poo poo where the thread lives?

also BYOB is a chill place that likes lego, why not live here for a while before moving on?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

hello lego thread, seeing this after having been on a kick of revisiting a lot of racing games from my childhood/adolescence reminded me of this lego set i had somewhere probably in the late 2000s. i think lego was trying to cash in on the street racing trend that the fast and the furious, and need for speed underground brought in. it was a car garage that came with a couple of tuner cars and a hot rod and iirc there was an elaborate way of launching the cars out of the garage to race them. i loved that set a lot and maybe you can help me identify it :)

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

as someone who has the thread bookmarked because I like seeing what cool things people make

why do you give a poo poo where the thread lives?

also BYOB is a chill place that likes lego, why not live here for a while before moving on?

hey chill out no need to use curse words here

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Counterpoint: the move to BYOB is completely fine because this place is chill, unlike the finance move where financebro dickheads immediately swooped in asking what sets were best for investing in and reselling

I welcome any discussion that isn't about VIP points or not getting loaded up with enough freebies

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
That said I don't know why BYOB even exists. Sorry guys

----------------

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I'm totally fine with the move as long as there are regularly posted adorable pet pics.

The Tallneck has been popping up on sale here and there, and it's an amazing deal at 15+% off (around original price), no doubt a good purchase at MSRP as well. What a freakin' build, Lego needs to make more mech-animals outside of Ninjago and Monkie Kid. Tippy top tier minifig too, CMF tier details, arguably one of the best figs Lego has ever produced.

Lego needs to make new Sand Red and Sand Purple parts :colbert:. The shades are so amazing for what I'm trying to build... ugh.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Apr 2, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

hey chill out no need to use curse words here

sorry I am used to the rough and tumble of.. I want to say the Hobbies subforum?

BaconCopter posted:

I'm totally fine with the move as long as there are regularly posted adorable pet pics.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 2, 2023

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

sorry I am used to the rough and tumble of.. I want to say the Hobbies subforum?

drat, that is a judgey stare.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Metoron posted:

Please stop moving the Lego thread without prior input from the posters, it doesn't matter how much any of the mods think "Oh the Lego thread will be fun in this forum", it has been previously asked to stop moving the thread because it puts weird expectations on the Lego thread regulars to adapt to a forum culture that they did not ask to be sent to.

I don't even dislike BYOB, I think they're alright people, it's just annoying that we have a mod doing the same thing that the thread asked not to happen again when it was previously sent to the financial forum.

is this a real post lol

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

rear end-penny posted:

in byob we only ask you to include pictures of your pets with your legos :)

BaconCopter posted:

I had a couple GWP sets that I was going to sell but they are Easter/Spring themed and I wanted a little build to relax the other night so here they are. Bonus pet pic.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

watho posted:

hello lego thread, seeing this after having been on a kick of revisiting a lot of racing games from my childhood/adolescence reminded me of this lego set i had somewhere probably in the late 2000s. i think lego was trying to cash in on the street racing trend that the fast and the furious, and need for speed underground brought in. it was a car garage that came with a couple of tuner cars and a hot rod and iirc there was an elaborate way of launching the cars out of the garage to race them. i loved that set a lot and maybe you can help me identify it :)

Sound like
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/tuning-workshop-60258

----------------

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Some cute Lego cats to please our new BYOB friends:

qt

deoju posted:

I hope you all will indulge while I post yet another of my Ghostbusters expanded universe creations. I had this idea three years ago so it is fun to finally make it.

"After taking care of Viggo there was still lots of negatively charge Mood Slime under the city that we needed to neutralize."

"This is the Subterranean Psychomagnetheric Ectoplasm Mitigation Unit."

"We start by creating a positive environment with free concerts with our state-of-the-art sound system.

"Then we use a pair of modified ground-penetrating radar units as subwoofers to target the concentrates of slime. We call them the Thumpers."

Ray: "These readings are good, but we need to kick this party up a notch."
Winston: "I've got just the thing."

If you are curious here is a link to the rest of my GB builds

i like the idea of the ghostbusters doing free concerts. i like the hot dog man, kermit and the joker raving out

how big are brickheadz

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

watho posted:

https://brickset.com/sets/8681-1/Tuner-Garage

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Indiana Jones plane is already sold out.

----------------

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

oh hell yeah that’s the one

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

thank you those of you who shared your pets with me :) they are beautiful, please tell them that I love them.

I wouldn't have greeted y'all with this much enthusiasm if I'd known there was internal strife about the thread moving. when our space ship changes forums there is usually a chance for discussion.

as a peace offering, this is my baby Wumbus, short for Chumbwambwa. sorry I don't have a lego to post with her.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

watho posted:

oh hell yeah that’s the one

another byob success story :haibrower:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

rear end-penny posted:

as a peace offering, this is my baby Wumbus, short for Chumbwambwa. sorry I don't have a lego to post with her.

she is lovely :3:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The new Pagani Speed Champions car is really great. Nice dark grey, excellent color-matched canopy, easily skippable stickers, neat “leather” interior, and just very sleek.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oh, here's where the thread is! I don't have it bookmarked so this was confusing lol

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Oh, here's where the thread is! I don't have it bookmarked so this was confusing lol

from the way thread regulars are posting I wouldn't plan on this being a permanent spot, bookmark accordingly my orb.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I don't understand how people use the forums without bookmarked threads so forum migrations never bothered me

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Here's Lemew trying to let me know that I missed a step

And here she is planning some mayhem.

She is without a back leg, so there's not a huge danger of her jumping on the table. Especially from the floor.

For the regular Lego folks, I have completely scrapped the design of my sub. I finally have (what I consider to be) a great looking dome and need to tweak the hull to fit it better. Still in the Studio phase, and I'm going to Vegas for a week starting tomorrow, so it will be a while before I can post any more pics or whatever (for all both of you who were waiting breathlessly for those). Again, I want to thank you guys for the pointers and feedback.

All you BYOBers, this thread is full of super creative and helpful people. If you ever thought you wanted to get back into this poo poo as an adult, then here is a great chance.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Counterpoint: the move to BYOB is completely fine because this place is chill

however the Lego thread pretty clearly isn’t.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

bird with big dick posted:

Hey man, change is tough on some people. Let's give it a moment.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Aw :3:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

smackfu posted:

The new Pagani Speed Champions car is really great. Nice dark grey, excellent color-matched canopy, easily skippable stickers, neat “leather” interior, and just very sleek.

It's really great. Top tier SC car I think. I did see a video yesterday where a dude tweaked the hood and front fascia a bit to match the real car better, and it's pretty tempting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfodZ-RxXqA

bird with big dick posted:

Everyone is still sore after the move to the finance forum, which was really dumb and annoying because speculators/investors are... pretty unpopular in many LEGO communities. So after that dumbass move, I don't think folks are super excited for it to move again so soon, even if it is to a much better place.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I wish they'd make the Countach in red or yellow or black or pretty much any colour but white.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Pagani Utopia front end modification review: oh hell yeah this looks super good. Nice improvement.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Butterfly Valley posted:

I don't understand how people use the forums without bookmarked threads so forum migrations never bothered me

Strong same

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It belongs in a museum. I mean the hobby sub, which is where it was.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

tomapot posted:

I had a couple GWP sets that I was going to sell but they are Easter/Spring themed and I wanted a little build to relax the other night so here they are. Bonus pet pic.

Those are cute. I just ordered this for my kid

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Animal-Play-Pack-66747-Easter-Gift-for-Kids-Limited-Time-Deal/2399212601

3 cents per piece per brickset, so even though he isn't a huge fan of that scale it'll be worth it

----------------

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

drat, that is a judgey stare.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

mastershakeman posted:

Those are cute. I just ordered this for my kid

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Animal-Play-Pack-66747-Easter-Gift-for-Kids-Limited-Time-Deal/2399212601

3 cents per piece per brickset, so even though he isn't a huge fan of that scale it'll be worth it

That dolphin set is super and has many really good alt builds on Rebrickable.

The small chicken set (polybag) is also awesome, the chicks could be better but the chicken is a very solid pleasing shape.

Might order one of those myself for the parts.

If you can get hold of it, the easter chicks (with opening eggs) GWP from last year is one of my favorite sets of the year, too.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Also, we CANNOT be released from BYOB until someone figures out what to build to satisfy the BYOB gods.

At least check out the Rosary Pyramid Zoo while you're here, it's the best thing I've read in a bit.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Also, we CANNOT be released from BYOB until someone figures out what to build to satisfy the BYOB gods.

a drug, or a crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

lego bong.

doesn't matter though, why on earth would you want a thread moved out of byob?

this is where all the canadians and hot goth chicks post