Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Data Graham posted:

Can't get over how Trumpy this quote of his is

just like his "lawsuit time," tweet.

He's just trump 30 years behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

mobby_6kl posted:

Looks like loving Teletext

I dig it

I kind of love 1980's future website vibes

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023

Didn't expect to see Victor Lucas dunking on him in the replies.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

In reality they aren't after him (a billionaire) they're after you (a person who only eats two 7-11 hotdogs even though you know you could easily eat 4 or 5 (because of societal norms)). He's just in the way

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

"I'm really....y'know...very...familiar with space...stuff" - real life Tony Stark

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
*breaks through wall hbomberguy style*

One small problem Elon, if the aliens are already on earth they’re not necessarily in loving space any more, are they?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Data Graham posted:

Am I thinking of the wrong thing or did Elon Musk not do some product reveal on stage a few years ago of a purported amazing new robot that looked just like a human in a bodysuit and could dance and jump around just like a human in a bodysuit and had a bodysuit just like a human in a bodysuit ?

Did you see the reveal last year?

https://i.imgur.com/HPZYGSD.mp4

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Eeyo posted:

if this thing ever hooks up to an AI it's game over, we're all terminated

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was in space and I didn't see any aliens

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.tiktok.com/@thedailyshow/video/7223869296391261486?lang=en&q=the%20daily%20show&t=1681957462257

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Data Graham posted:

I was in space and I didn't see any aliens

I very much doubt that

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You're right, I saw aliens

sorry

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

aids

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Data Graham posted:

You're right, I saw aliens

sorry
to space, you are the aliens

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

reminder that decent cosplayers can do bodysuits like that that dont crease or have obvious seams.

again musk is a billionaire but cant be assed to make a good cosplay.

e: also the "real "-er bot is somehow worse than 90s animatronics. hell maybe even earlier decades.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 20, 2023

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

This actually happened in real life.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Click. Print. Lawsuit time.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/actioncookbook/status/1648898367924125696

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Musk tells Twitter advertisers: You're welcome back, but don't make demands

Meanwhile, available data suggests biggest spenders have largely stayed away from Twitter 2.0, er... X Corp

https://www.theregister.com/AMP/2023/04/19/musk_says_twitter_advertisers_can/

Elon Musk took to the stage at an advertising conference yesterday to try to reassure attendees that Twitter was a safe place to serve ads, while also warning the biz won't bow to pressure from advertisers who want to dictate its behavior.

Speaking with Linda Yaccarino, chairman of global advertising and partnerships at NBCUniversal, Musk reportedly (there don't appear to be videos available of the talk at this point) said freedom of speech at Twitter was paramount, and the company was willing to lose money if it meant protecting that right.

"We're trying to achieve here a sensible middle ground, or we're trying to satisfy a range of things, which is how to ensure the public has their voice… but also that you're able to serve your brands and improve the perception of your brands, and your sales as well," Musk reportedly said. "But it is not cool to say what Twitter will do," the billionaire added.

The early days at Musk's Twitter were marked by an exodus of advertisers, who were responsible for some 90 percent of Twitter's revenue before Musk's October takeover. Multiple major advertising agencies urged their clients to pause Twitter ads in November of last year, citing concerns that the platform wouldn't be able to ensure brand safety amid the unbanning of far-right trolls and a spike in hate speech shortly after Twitter got its new owner.

Musk even opted to publicly call out some advertisers, asking if Apple hated "free speech in America" due to its advertising pause on the social media site, which has since ended. Twitter attempted to lure advertisers back in December with incentives like spend matching, but it's unclear how much of an effect that's had.

According to Musk's recent BBC interview, most of Twitter's advertisers have returned, though third-party data doesn't necessarily back that up: As of January Twitter's daily revenue was down by more than 40 percent, with much of that loss attributable to the departure of advertisers. Musk also claimed to the BBC that Twitter was at a break-even point, though without offering anything to suggest that's actually the case.

Amusingly, from April 25, Microsoft's ad platform will drop Twitter. "Smart Campaigns with Multi-platform will no longer support Twitter," the Windows giant wrote Wednesday.

That means, according to Redmond, you'll be unable to "access your Twitter account through our social management tool; create and manage drafts or tweets; view past tweets and engagement; [and] schedule tweets" via the software giant's online advertising tools.

"Other social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn will continue to be available," added Microsoft, which owns LinkedIn.

Musk's response was to point a finger at Microsoft and where it got data to train its AI systems: "They trained illegally using Twitter data. Lawsuit time."

Strong "don't tell me what to do, dad" energy. Did I say strong? I meant whiny and cringy.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Glad to see the Boer bore learned nothing

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

The Last Call posted:

Musk tells Twitter advertisers: You're welcome back, but don't make demands

General Bullshit > Elon Musk "But it is not cool to say what Twitter will do,"

no, wait

Prettz posted:

General Bullshit > Elon Musk This actually happened in real life.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Mx. posted:

Glad to see the Boer bore learned nothing

Come back Shaka Zulu, all is forgiven.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Musk is really feeling himself.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

yook posted:

to space, you are the aliens

...and then Data Graham was a Martian.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

It finally dawned on me who Elon has been reminding me of.

Can I borrow a DogeCoin? Put all your base in my Harambe of love!

What do you say Grimes? Will you marry me? Again?

Ew, no!

Uhh, can I have my Rick and Morty crossover tees back at least?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I refuse to stop hitting myself until people laugh.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

The Butcher posted:

I refuse to stop hitting myself until people laugh.

a bunch of rakes lined up, but they grow increasingly large and menacing

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Linked the SUE MICROSOFT tweet to a mate

That's it dickhead, just keep adding random 'verifiable' poo poo to users handle
Absolute iconagraphy word salad at this point

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why are there 2 icons and a loving purple word now that all inherently mean the same thing in different ways.

Holy poo poo Elon

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Elon Musk is like if bonzi buddy became a person

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Congrats Elon on inventing Reddit flair

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Bizarrely the rakes are double ended, launching a salvo of spikes faceward on every step

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I will never not be amazed at how bad Elon is at speaking. Wasn't the bazinga theory that he's somehow too smart to form a coherent sentence?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

QuarkJets posted:

Elon Musk is like if bonzi buddy became a person

This nails it, but you misspelled ponzi. Wait, what's a ponzi that only takes from investors and never pays out?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

gschmidl posted:

This nails it, but you misspelled ponzi. Wait, what's a ponzi that only takes from investors and never pays out?

A Muski scheme?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

gschmidl posted:

A regular scam.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Eeyo posted:

Hey, I know that guy!

wait why is he reaching for his head oh no oh nonononono

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Eeyo posted:

When this was revealed I remember people earnestly saying how Boston Dynamics were going to be in trouble..

I also feel like there was nowhere near enough incredulation expressed at the fact that previously Elon brought an actual human being on stage cosplaying as a robot, and people (stans) just accepted that as meaning that Tesla were on the verge of upending the robotics industry, and that they "didn't want to show their hand too early". It's just insane.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

E the Shaggy posted:

There is so SO much more money to be made on the right than a left, it's stupid. You get picked up by the Koch Brothers and/or the Mercers and you're made in the shade. They'll funnel millions into you.

You don't even lose your existing left leaning audience because they will still hate watch you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mynameismud
Jul 12, 2009
Lets compare the bots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lp0cM3hmBs

Yea Boston Dynamics cannot compete!!!