Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cat Machine posted:

why would he do this

he figured out the secret behind the will of d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I like the idea of Law allying with Cross Guild, even if temporarily. I feel like Oda is heading in the direction of having former warlords join Cross Guild since Moira is confirmed alive and probably will be freed by SWORD. Perona is buds with Mihawk so there's that connection.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Electric Phantasm posted:

I think everyone is forgetting something incredibly important here

RIP Law's hat

I wouldn't say RIP, but Chopper did seem a bit out of it confusing Zeus for cotton candy.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I'm still waiting for usopp to shoot a fruit into another fruit user's mouth.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Ever Disappointing posted:

I don't know if objects can eat anything but zoan fruits, but it's been a minute since we had Vegapunk rattling off Devil Fruit Facts

I wouldn’t be surprised if they could but that it only really works out with Zoan fruits in practice since they upgrade your intellect to the level of the animal eaten, which gives them sentience. You could make a gum gum sword, but you couldn’t really control how much it stretches.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ussops living his best life of avoiding all conflict

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

yum posted:

I like the idea of Law allying with Cross Guild, even if temporarily. I feel like Oda is heading in the direction of having former warlords join Cross Guild since Moira is confirmed alive and probably will be freed by SWORD. Perona is buds with Mihawk so there's that connection.

While I agree with Moria joining Cross Guild, and is even a good candidate for 4th spot on the cross, I feel like Cross Guild is heading towards being made up of former enemies of the Straw Hats rather than warlords because I am certain Hancock would refuse to join them and instead go for Luffy. Speaking of, I think Law would also side with Luffy since they worked together to take down Kaido and Doflamingo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Law can't join Cross Guild because he's already a member of the Straw Hats, and is utterly devoted to his Captain, Monkey D. Luffy!

Source: Monkey D. Luffy.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i could see law joining the revolutionary army

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

JuniperCake posted:

Shanks is merciful to friends but not towards people who threaten them. He seems like the type that when it's time to get serious he goes all the way. So I don't think we can assume he showed them mercy.

So there's a non-zero chance that Kidd/Killer are just dead now.

Roger did kill entire crews so it's not out of the question.

Shanks however stopped his attack when the kid pirates surrendered, it was the GIANTS who wrecked them and the ship at the end

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

AtomikKrab posted:

Shanks however stopped his attack when the kid pirates surrendered, it was the GIANTS who wrecked them and the ship at the end

He jumped off when he saw that the giants were going to destroy the ship. If he meant to give them mercy he would have told the giants to stop or blocked the attack because the Kidd pirates were already absolutely defeated at that point. Or even take Kidd/Killer off the ship so they don't drown if nothing else.

He knew it would happen and just let it happen. So you can't really say he had nothing to do with it since if he didn't want it to happen he could have easily stopped it.

Which again isn't that surprising, what we know for sure about Shanks is he will tolerate a lot, but if you gently caress with people he likes it's over for you. That was established very early on with the scene with the bandits.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 30, 2023

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also Luffy got kidnapped and nearly eaten because Shanks didn't finish off Higuma ASAP so Shanks probably learned not to gently caress around anymore when the lives of friends are on the line.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Noticed Odyssey is on sale on PSN, how did folks end up feeling about it?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's extremely "fine."

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i got a thing

https://www.redbubble.com/people/VINUSHOP/shop?ref=artist_title_name

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rules

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nice

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Super

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

the chopper and zoro ones are pretty fun

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

UnderFreddy posted:

Which ones are those?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

UnderFreddy posted:

Ive only seen the vintage Sanji ad with Vinsmoke cigs

e: Didnt click the link theyre all in there, lol. Silly post to make

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 30, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

I played the hell out of it and really enjoyed it, however...

Arist posted:

It's extremely "fine."

This is accurate. It was almost entirely carried by the charm of being a One Piece story with One Piece characters doing One Piece things. As an actual game it doesn't really do anything new or dynamic, what it does do it simply does in a perfectly adequate fashion. But it's the Straw Hats!

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Oh, is that the actual artist for this piece:

I've seen it come up before, and it loving rules.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Hadn't seen the Jinbe one before either, it also loving rules.
I'm a sucker for the old style film posters

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Literally not even 5 minutes between reading this post and ordering one for our kitchen. I can’t wait for nobody to ever know wtf it is!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

What kind of bullshit is this? Where are Merry, Vivi, Robin and Brook's posters?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder what Luffy’s reaction would even be if Shanks told him he killed Kid

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Electric Phantasm posted:

I think everyone is forgetting something incredibly important here

RIP Law's hat

It's okay in like five chapters we'll get a flashback showing Law's Hat's motivations after it's finally confirmed as Black Beard's eleventh captain.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bobjr posted:

Luffy: ......who?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

bobjr posted:

"He laughed."

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Luffy'd probably be pretty understanding. He gets how pirates roll and Kid's more of a rival he likes than a friend exactly.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

bobjr posted:

Not only Shanks, but also good bros Dory and Brogy tried to kill Kidd. Kidd must have been in the wrong.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Luffy would demand that Shanks hit him with the same move so he could prove he wouldn't flinch either.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
Kidd never once fed luffy, he will not care

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

r00tn00b posted:

Kidd never once fed luffy, he will not care

Oh wow, I just realized Luffy is BFFs with Caribou now isn't he.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

JuniperCake posted:

Oh wow, I just realized Luffy is BFFs with Caribou now isn't he.
We haven't seen Luffy interact with Caribou I don't think, but the crew definitely had a "thanks for the assist, now get the gently caress out" when he popped up on Egghead. They still know what he did on Fishman island.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I decided to reread OP for the first time in ten years and catch up. I stopped following weekly near the end of the Dressrosa arc, lol. I started on the colored chapters, but they lack any of the Oda commentary, which is such a fun element of reading manga to me that I guess I'm going to have to save them for another reread. :(

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Eiba posted:

We haven't seen Luffy interact with Caribou I don't think, but the crew definitely had a "thanks for the assist, now get the gently caress out" when he popped up on Egghead. They still know what he did on Fishman island.

They interacted in prison in Wani. Caribou tried to cozy up to Luffy but Luffy didn't care, if I recall.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Oh Snapple! posted:

It's so insanely easy that I was bored by the halfway point. The entire game can and should just be played on the auto-battle setting because it makes no difference, every fight is so easy as to be pointless. The story stuff was fun, but for the amount of time it takes to get to the fun story bits, it just wasn't worth it for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Tosk posted:

I decided to reread OP for the first time in ten years and catch up. I stopped following weekly near the end of the Dressrosa arc, lol. I started on the colored chapters, but they lack any of the Oda commentary, which is such a fun element of reading manga to me that I guess I'm going to have to save them for another reread. :(

i'm doing a reread as well. i've just been swiping over to the shonen jump app after i finish a chapter to checkout sbs stuff. it's definitely annoying and breaks the flow but worth it. also the translation on both is definitely dated.