Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

It's seriously absurd how overbuilt this thing seems to be. It's a $450 black brick Creator set with a decent batcave inside when it could have easily been a $450 enormous batcave. Why spend $500 on Rivendell, with more pieces and 7x the minifigs (if you rightfully count the statues), when you could get a massive grip of black bricks and plates?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I didn't even think of that. Rivendell is only $50 more lmao.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I find myself happier and happier with that design. It’ll fit nicely in a cupboard and makes a fun centerpiece. Rumors also has it there’ll be more minifigures than Batman and Alfred and there’s some play features as well if you look for the yellow dots on the opened picture.

Personally I’d place it firmly between Rivendell and the UCS Hulkbuster, with the added benefit of having the batmobile unlike the hulkbuster that was missing the iron man filler figure. Still more like a 350€ set, yeah. The UCS batmobile was like 250 and feels way more massive so far despite only having a 3.306 piece count.

It does cost €350 now tho :v:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The_Doctor posted:

They should at least include Danny Devito and his giant duck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us5MGEL5W34

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

bloodysabbath posted:

Why is it so loving hard for them to do a Wayne Manor with the basement as the cave?

Really, all I want is the Batman Returns Kenner Batcave in Lego form. That's all any of us want, if we're being truly honest with ourselves.

The Batman '66 set is getting more and more legendary, isn't it.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
I look forward to seeing more, but it absolutely looks like a MOC, and specifically a MOC that was built to be transported to and displayed at cons. Like they just went to an AFOL event, grabbed a model off a table, and boxed it for sale.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Cojawfee posted:

It looks like someone took a batcave playset from the 90s and recreated it in Lego. Those old sets where it would look like something when it's all closed up, and then you open it and then it has the worst and most compromised playset inside because they needed to fit it inside the case that was made to look like whatever object. Except, in this case, the object is just a box with the bat logo cut out of it.

At first glance this is exactly what I thought his was: a rectangular box with a Batman logo cutout that opened out into the Batcave like some playset from my childhood.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Carbohydrates posted:

I look forward to seeing more, but it absolutely looks like a MOC, and specifically a MOC that was built to be transported to and displayed at cons. Like they just went to an AFOL event, grabbed a model off a table, and boxed it for sale.

:same:

Wait. Not :same: I am not looking forward to seeing more but other than that, :same:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The_Doctor posted:

They should at least include Danny Devito and his giant duck

It does include the Penguin. Hopefully it’s based on Danny Devito

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

In different news i finally got a chance to visit a Lego store in person and holy poo poo the X-Wing is huge. Somehow I thought it’d be like 10% bigger than the 50€ one, however little sense that makes. Also holy poo poo the Razor Crest is about similarly sized to the Millennium Falcon in length. What a fun experience, didn’t expect it to be that cool. The pick a brick section had example cups filled in Rainbow pride and trans pride brick layers which was very cute :3:

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Hah! The Executor Super Star Destroyer™ is back in stock!!! GO GO GO!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Already gone

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

this made me look for the tie interceptor set which was also back in stock so i bought that bitch with extreme prejudice

and then i asked customer support very politely for the double points i couldnt get during the promotion because it sold out so fast and they hooked me up no static at all

the moral of the story is that lego fuckin rocks

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You don't deserve those points you didn't buy during the double point window you're taking points out of the pockets of all of us

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
You think points grow on trees!!?? That's foolish.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Literally A Person posted:

You think points grow on trees!!?? That's foolish.

Sort of, you have to pick them off sprues

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I couldn't feed my children tonight because there weren't enough double points to go around and also I don't have any children.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Every time you spend vip points you're taking money from lego and directly raising prices on all their sets.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

All right, the batcave has a lighting brick, a couple figures and is €399, not 450, that actually doesn’t sound half bad. Hope they have some sort of double points shenanigans going on or a GWP but probably won’t hold my breath. I like that you can see the batmobile well in closed form

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/batcave-shadow-box-76252

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Those pop up gatling guns are :krad:.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
this is a very amusing "lifestyle photo" and also not a very flattering angle for the set at all

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That stool is way too high for that table.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Well at least the priced exactly as rumored $450 licensed Black Brick Creator Clamshell is still better than that Hulkbuster steamer.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well at least the bland grey and black set matches the bland grey and black kitchen or whatever that room is. The person should wear a yellow sweater though, to match the set better.

All in all It still looks extremely boring. Lego Batman Popup book. Only a Popup book would have more variety.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Carbohydrates posted:

this is a very amusing "lifestyle photo" and also not a very flattering angle for the set at all

Lego's lifestyle images are always hilarious. "Why not come over and visit me in my ultra-modern, minimalist house, and see my decorative Lego Batcave on display in the middle of the room."

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I feel like I'm no fun but I just really can't stand the (non-car) licensed sets.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Wait wait wait... maybe there's a secret foosball table somewhere in there!

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Is there a specific name or search term for building ideas for all the 1x1 pieces that are leftover? I have so many bags of 10-20 1x1 pieces in various colors, would be cool to make something in micro scale with them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Their lifestyle photos are so fuckin funny. It's almost like they are trolling sometimes.

So that batmobile is awesome. huge improvement over the GWP one. That is such a bummer it's connected to about $350 worth of stuff I don't care about cause that would make a great >$50 set.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Well, maybe it will be easy to BrickLink/assemble from black and grey and trans yellow parts you already have

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Honestly removing that weird cover and bringing it closer to the $200 price point would have made that a very tempting buy. I like it better than the leaked photos, but it's still a total whiff for me. I hate that Lego took something like the burton batmobile that people have wanted for so long and gated it behind a $400 purchase.

Also interestingly that set is basically the same design as Mos Eisley. Which btw isn't much smaller, launched, at 50 dollars cheaper and came with around 20 minifigures. And that's even a Star Wars tax set. Friggin Ninjago City was a $100 cheaper than that set. Lego is hitting the point where it's not just pricey it's a ripoff.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Carbohydrates posted:

It looks like she’s taken over the only table in the office kitchen. No you can’t eat lunch here, Vanessa has her batcave set up.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Dogen posted:

Well, maybe it will be easy to BrickLink/assemble from black and grey and trans yellow parts you already have

I'm wondering the same thing. They'll probably have a custom mold won't they? Can those usually be ordered via pick a brick?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't see anything in that build that would require a new mold. If there is one you can almost certainly work around it with alternate parts, sure it'll only be 98% accurate but no one's gonna care.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

trevorreznik posted:

I'm wondering the same thing. They'll probably have a custom mold won't they? Can those usually be ordered via pick a brick?

In theory everything that isn't licensed and not retired should be on Pick a Brick, eventually. Normally new parts won't be available for a few months, they're kept back to use for replacements and stuff, if needed.

If there's a custom part that's recognisably made just for the Batmobile, then it'll probably be licensed and we're just not allowed to sell it.
If a part is licensed, we're just not allowed to sell it outside of in sets. Sometimes licensed parts can be reworked in a different colour or with a different print and used elsewhere (the old Iron Man helmets get used for non-Iron Man stuff all the time, for example. Or the Minecraft wolf heads being used in the modular Police Station), but something that's ultra specific that can't be re-used as something else (like a Storm Trooper helmet) won't ever be put on Pick a Brick.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Veotax posted:

In theory everything that isn't licensed and not retired should be on Pick a Brick, eventually. Normally new parts won't be available for a few months, they're kept back to use for replacements and stuff, if needed.

If there's a custom part that's recognisably made just for the Batmobile, then it'll probably be licensed and we're just not allowed to sell it.
If a part is licensed, we're just not allowed to sell it outside of in sets. Sometimes licensed parts can be reworked in a different colour or with a different print and used elsewhere (the old Iron Man helmets get used for non-Iron Man stuff all the time, for example. Or the Minecraft wolf heads being used in the modular Police Station), but something that's ultra specific that can't be re-used as something else (like a Storm Trooper helmet) won't ever be put on Pick a Brick.
Ah that makes a ton of sense, thanks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

xzzy posted:

I don't see anything in that build that would require a new mold. If there is one you can almost certainly work around it with alternate parts, sure it'll only be 98% accurate but no one's gonna care.

Theres a new windshield element.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Theres a new windshield element.

Guess I'm bad at squinting then because it looked like an average 4 stud windshield to me. I guess the corners are angled on this one, but again I got bad eyes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

xzzy posted:

Guess I'm bad at squinting then because it looked like an average 4 stud windshield to me. I guess the corners are angled on this one, but again I got bad eyes.

They did a horrible job of actually showing off the batmobile in those photos. I had to really look to even notice it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The element is generic enough looking that I'm guessing it'll start popping up in more sets soon, which will make it easier to just bricklink the batmobile