Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

OwlFancier posted:

Oh no it's great it's gaudy as gently caress but it looks awesome. And yeah it's basically the archetypal "haunted house" style.

It's defiantly classic haunted house material all you gotta do is crush all the color out of it and make it look like it's midnight, making it look run down is optional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

coldpudding posted:

It's defiantly classic haunted house material all you gotta do is crush all the color out of it and make it look like it's midnight, making it look run down is optional.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

OwlFancier posted:

I have a job lot of brackets from the hardware store and a dream of building my ideal american queen anne house.

nailed it

Maintaining that paint job must be expensive.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Sometimes you need to light a match, sometimes you need the nuclear option.

Ninurta has a new favorite as of 03:48 on Jun 25, 2023

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

OwlFancier posted:

I have a job lot of brackets from the hardware store and a dream of building my ideal american queen anne house.

nailed it

coldpudding posted:

I've been playing Powerwash Simulator and some new little instinct in me after seeing those two pics is screaming about how much getting all the little curves and nooks is gonna suck to get that completion "Ding" on everything.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Someday images will be able to be used as thread titles

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
My first intention was to desaturate drac and simon to make them blend in with the picture, but then I saw what irradiated rainbow belmont looked like and went like holy poo poo this is too good. He pops out like a boner on a priest during a sermon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

StoryTime posted:

My first intention was to desaturate drac and simon to make them blend in with the picture, but then I saw what irradiated rainbow belmont looked like and went like holy poo poo this is too good. He pops out like a boner on a priest during a sermon.

The contrast is really good, you're right. The only thing I''d suggest is cutting out the grayscale sky and see if you can get something matching Dracula's night-sky blue there instead maybe?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kenning posted:

Maintaining that paint job must be expensive.

That's the trick, neglecting the house only improves the look!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Not quite a house but I hope it counts.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I haven't played it yet, is this FF16?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Heath posted:

I haven't played it yet, is this FF16?

I'd hope Square-Enix can do better than that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OwlFancier posted:

nailed it

Fawlty Towers remake looks promising set-wise.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

gschmidl posted:

I'd hope Square-Enix can do better than that.

Even Tri-Ace could do better than that.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Came across this charming seaside chalet.

Yeah, it's a little rough, but a coat of paint and a good scrubbing can work wonders

Look at that cosy, old-fashioned interior

Love the shower location, so convenient.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/glenesk-fennells-bay-crosshaven-cork/4712805

Price: €250,000 / $273,622

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
That place is in Ireland apparently. If you tried to live in that it's going to be a cold winter.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Before clicking on the listing I assumed it was such an extortionately high asking price because it must be on a huge plot of land but 1/10th of an acre is pretty pisspoor space for that much money.

MyHome.ie posted:

Dining / Living Room: (3.83 m x 2.85 m)
Teak front door, timber flooring. Originally constructed from salvage of RMS Celtic which famously sunk off Cork Harbour in 1928.

Please note the property is in need of complete reconstruction.

Yeah no poo poo dude.

dr_rat posted:

That place is in Ireland apparently. If you tried to live in that it's going to be a cold winter.

Cold snaps in winter in Ireland can be pretty brutal, when you're living in a normal well-built concrete building and not in a shed that feels like Frank Reynolds built it from stuff left in the alley behind Paddy's Irish Pub.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Yeah, the asking price is 100% about the very nice sea view. In winter though, that sea view is going to mean a lot of gales whistling through your tiny shack

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Shame it's in such poor condition, I find the interior to be rather charming. Looks unsalvageable though.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

aniviron posted:

Shame it's in such poor condition, I find the interior to be rather charming. Looks unsalvageable though.

Just put a tarp over the whole thing, I'm sure it'd be fine.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

aniviron posted:

Well, it can't be salvage twice, that's just cheating

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

From the Ukraine war thread, Russian Defense Minister Shoigu's house: https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1673730794194444288

I see indoor pools and think mold.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

aniviron posted:

From the Ukraine war thread, Russian Defense Minister Shoigu's house: https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1673730794194444288

Too lazy to build a real fuckin conversation pit

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

aniviron posted:

You can't loot taste.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

aniviron posted:

I see indoor pools and think the entire place smells like chlorine. They always do.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If I were stupid rich, I would have a pool with filtration and UV sterilization and run the water through it so frequently that chlorine was not necessary.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Platystemon posted:

If I were stupid rich, I would have a pool with filtration and UV sterilization and run the water through it so frequently that chlorine was not necessary.

I'd just fill the pool full of snapping turtle. Bacteria knows to stay the hell away from those viscous bastards.

Edit: also if you don't want a pool full of snapping turtles natural filtration is also a thing: https://www.completehome.com.au/goodorganicgardening/natural-pools/

As well as not having the chlorine smell, generally I think natural filtration pools look better.

dr_rat has a new favorite as of 05:47 on Jun 28, 2023

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

True survivalists make sure their home includes spaced armour for additional protection against high explosive anti tank shells. :pseudo:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Perestroika posted:

True survivalists make sure their home includes spaced armour for additional protection against high explosive anti tank shells. :pseudo:

Gonna gently caress this house up with a Javelin in top attack mode.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Perestroika posted:

OK, I believe you.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Trabant posted:

OK, I believe you.

:nice:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perestroika posted:

I think that one might already have been exploded.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3324-Portland-Ave-Minneapolis-MN-55407/1711026_zpid/ posted:

You can even keep the shark!

drat better!

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

Trabant posted:

drat better!

Looking at that basement ceiling made my eyes hurt, all that disintegrating chipboard hanging there just waiting to shed splinters when someone walks around upstairs.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
The house may be poo poo, but not going to lie, that's a drat fine looking guard shark.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

aniviron posted:

At certain latitudes you will find that most swimming pools are indoor pools, for reasons.

(I have swam in the Southern-most indoor swimming pool in the Republic of Finland. I was told it was that by the inhabitant of the Southern-most year-round inhabited caravan in the Republic of Finland.)

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

dr_rat posted:

The house may be poo poo, but not going to lie, that's a drat fine looking guard shark.

Reminds me of this house in Germantown (Philadelphia)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

is that where they paperclipped wernher von braun to..? why does it have a doodlebug?