Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

SirPhoebos posted:

Google lied. Play New Vegas.

This guy lies, play Fallout 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

Anders posted:

This guy lies, play Fallout 2

Pancor Jackhammer every time.

Edit: except that one martial arts run

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

BrassRoots posted:

Pancor Jackhammer every time.

Edit: except that one martial arts run

:same: but for the g11

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/DmytroKuleba/status/1678334279397388288
:toot:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Computer viking posted:

Speaking of Russian food, I went to a Russian restaurant in Helsinki years ago. The starter was just a stack of big pickles cut into sticks, but they were really nice, and I got bowls of honey and smetana to dip them in. Memorable for its simplicity, and I'd happily order it again.

The other memorable thing was that they had bear meat on the menu, but it was a bit out of my price range.

When I hear "Russian food" I always think about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLu5FAMVQ1M

(when I visited in 1991 our tour group was fed on huge trays of scrambled eggs and slices of ham the whole week, and piroshki at a farmhouse we visited when returning an exiled expat to his family outside St. Petersburg)

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

1988 i remember borsch, caviar, white bread, lots,of butter and this battered and deep fried sausage thing that oozed grease when you cut into it. I thought the borsch was really good. Also vodka was served to us teens, maybe every dinner.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm not the most familiar with cuisine from that region so it was pretty funny when I went to an Uzbek restaurant and ordered the chicken, which turned out to simply be a naked spatchcocked chicken on a plate and nothing else

The borscht was good though

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i liked the borsch

literally the only thing I can remember eating there

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1678408726250680320
Wherever this fellow appears, it always falls within days to the Ukrainian military.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Ok ok but what if I hate beets (they taste like dirt and anyone who likes them probably just likes eating handfuls of dirt), what else is there that's good?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i tochka

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DandyLion posted:

Ok ok but what if I hate beets (they taste like dirt and anyone who likes them probably just likes eating handfuls of dirt), what else is there that's good?

what

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

That goon does not like beets and thus would likely not like borchst, a beet-based dish.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1678304702209851393
Kadyrovites, help us, save us from the scary Ukrainians

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Oh poo poo they are sending the circus! Well I guess the Russians in Bakhmut will be entertained as they get rolled.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Mr Lanternfly
Jun 26, 2023
They look like 90's action figures.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Akhmat...Bakhmut...

It's still wild how Ukraine is making more progress each day (in that town) than Russia did in entire months, also feels like at least a quarter of all the fighting has been on that town more than anywhere

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I'm looking forward to new videos of the tiktok warriors shooting at empty buildings, running in front of people with loaded rifles and jeeps doing circles around cock boy firing in the air

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Tai posted:

I'm looking forward to new videos of the tiktok warriors shooting at empty buildings, running in front of people with loaded rifles and jeeps doing circles around cock boy firing in the air

I wonder if there's even any intact traffic lights left in the city for the Tiktok battalion to use for target practice.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1678367921989353472

quote:

Convicts from Storm Z units are asking the Kremlin Ripper to stop sending them into "massacres", appealing to his human feelings I suppose, which is ironic given that he gave a go for convicts to be utilised on the frontlines.

They say they're being purposefully "murdered" with own artillery shelling. Their company lost 75% of its personnel.

Those with wounds are allowed two days to heal before sending them back.

The convicts say they came to "fight fascism", but turns out that it is their command who are fascists.
Poor brainwashed idiots.

zone fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 10, 2023

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Another Chris0 thread, translated interview with some mobik, it's all very bleak

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1678377955406299136.html

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

I don't like this parody of "Lawyers, Guns and Money".

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Several metaphorical and fictional things have become real due to the russian government's bullshit these past 20 years+this war, but i was not expecting literal one legged men in rear end kicking contests.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Data Graham posted:

When I hear "Russian food" I always think about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLu5FAMVQ1M

(when I visited in 1991 our tour group was fed on huge trays of scrambled eggs and slices of ham the whole week, and piroshki at a farmhouse we visited when returning an exiled expat to his family outside St. Petersburg)

Big rear end On Fire posted:

1988 i remember borsch, caviar, white bread, lots,of butter and this battered and deep fried sausage thing that oozed grease when you cut into it. I thought the borsch was really good. Also vodka was served to us teens, maybe every dinner.
My wife went in 1989, she said the food was really forgettable but there was lots of vodka.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Harveygod posted:

I don't like this parody of "Lawyers, Guns and Money".

'The poo poo has hit the pants, huh!' :dance:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Anders posted:

It won’t happen as Turkey doesn’t meet the criteria’s for entry in terms of free press and an independent judicial system

How about instead of letting Turkey in we kick out Hungary

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Bleak is putting it mildly. Sounds like something straight out of Hell.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

fondue posted:

My wife went in 1989, she said the food was really forgettable but there was lots of vodka.

Lots of vodka will make everything forgettable.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mr Lanternfly posted:

They look like 90's action figures.

COBRA Command!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Tai posted:

hell yeah!! :krad:

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

What sort of poo poo show is Putin running? It's a shame that Russian high level politics is opaque because none of this makes any sense.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Sucks to suck

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The line about ‘that they send you against tanks with only a rifle is only half true, sometimes they send you with nothing at all’ sure is something.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The VDV cannot pull back from bakhmut. They are the 6th army at this point. The laughdrovites are going to pull back as soon as a HIMARS or GSDM lands on their convoy.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Why are vatniks like this?

Burns
May 10, 2008

I find these to be odd. We see so many of these vids come up but ultimately it doesnt mean anything I think. Their lines dont seem to collapse as these guys might suggest. This is just soldiers complaining (tm) with a modern digital twist.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Burns posted:

I find these to be odd. We see so many of these vids come up but ultimately it doesnt mean anything I think. Their lines dont seem to collapse as these guys might suggest. This is just soldiers complaining (tm) with a modern digital twist.

Listen more closely to what they're saying. They're demanding more weapons, supplies, and artillery, and insist on still fighting in the majority of these videos, interviews, etc. It's more like they're going to fight whether they have these things or not unless they themselves decide surrender is a better option.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Phlegmish posted:

How about instead of letting Turkey in we kick out Hungary

You really should! Bosnia & Herzegovina, Georgia, Albania and Moldova should also be given assistance to tackle corruption issues so they’ll be eligible for membership too

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

thekeeshman posted:

Lots of vodka will make everything forgettable.

In 2002 there were vodka bottles in the vending machines in the underground crosswalks in Moscow. But you didn't want those, you wanted the bottom-shelf brands from the literal hole-in-the-wall vendors also in those same crosswalks.

Also, the Sbarro pizza place had one soft drink machine working but multiple baltika beers available.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

zone posted:

Ohhh!!! well worn paper... that can be useful!! :nexus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

zone posted:

Lol I gurantee every tankie thinks like this without realizing Russia's culpability LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!