Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

DangerDongs posted:

Opening packs as a child was the bomb, and I hope kids keep getting to feel that. Watching adults throw all their money at packs instead of buying singles makes me sad though.
In summary, I don't care if they do this again.

Now kids today can watch someone else open their packs through an app and then mail it to them later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Mystical archive sheets stay winning

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Khanstant posted:

Now kids today can watch someone else open their packs through an app and then mail it to them later.

The real booster fun was the parasocial relationships we made along the way.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Can't wait for cards with pieces of MaRo's shirt embedded in them.

Chance of serialized, authenticated scraps of green flannel 1:400 packs

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

"Gambling is bad, but only the type of gambling I don't like"

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Me ripping Jeweled Lotus: Haha gently caress yeah!!! Yes!!

Me ripping Gilded Lotus: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

YggdrasilTM posted:

"Gambling is bad, but only the type of gambling I don't like"

Is anybody saying that

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Katana Gomai posted:

Me ripping Jeweled Lotus: Haha gently caress yeah!!! Yes!!

Me ripping Gilded Lotus: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

tbh it'd be gently caress yeah!!! to both of these for me

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

I could easily see 7 unique 1of1 horcruxes in the harry potter set, and thats even more opportunities to win the lottery. I think thats how they try to go bigger

Collect them all and destroy them and they get rid of the reserved list

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
lol the guy who opened the Ring sent it to The Professor on June 17th in a 1 second gif asking to connect to Post Malone, which he obviously thought was fake. I think someone even posted his original Tweet in this thread.
https://twitter.com/TolarianCollege/status/1687306526581760000?s=20

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

GonSmithe posted:

lol the guy who opened the Ring sent it to The Professor on June 17th in a 1 second gif asking to connect to Post Malone, which he obviously thought was fake. I think someone even posted his original Tweet in this thread.
https://twitter.com/TolarianCollege/status/1687306526581760000?s=20

Yeah I can't fault the prof for thinking it was fake.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Couldn't blame him at all, especially since the video quality sucks rear end. Just looks like all the leaked cards we'd seen in the past.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I saw a few other hoaxes too. Everyone should have known it was legit though, anyone who takes a picture of a real Magic card makes it look like their lens is covered in wax. If a photo looks too real, it's probably fake.

I hope this is okay to add, but I posted some stuff in the SA-Mart thread because I desperately need cash for some bills.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Thom Yorke raps posted:

Collect them all and destroy them and they get rid of the reserved list

MaRo is the secret eighth horcrux. He, too, must be destroyed.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Framboise posted:

Couldn't blame him at all, especially since the video quality sucks rear end. Just looks like all the leaked cards we'd seen in the past.

Yeah, although I do remember seeing it and going "drat, they faked the gold etching on this one pretty well at least" lmao

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
my hobby is the mcdonald's monopoly game love to watch videos of people opening park place and talking about it

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

LifeLynx posted:

I saw a few other hoaxes too. Everyone should have known it was legit though, anyone who takes a picture of a real Magic card makes it look like their lens is covered in wax. If a photo looks too real, it's probably fake.

I hope this is okay to add, but I posted some stuff in the SA-Mart thread because I desperately need cash for some bills.

Might be worthwhile for you to check out the goon fund in cspam for short-term help

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Friendly reminder Prof going to be shilling on Whatnot in about 2 hours giving away 50 Collector booster boxes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

uggy posted:

my hobby is the mcdonald's monopoly game love to watch videos of people opening park place and talking about it

Yeah right, you're just watching to get the free French fries mailed to you

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Jiro posted:

Friendly reminder Prof going to be shilling on Whatnot in about 2 hours giving away 50 Collector booster boxes.

how does that work again?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

you be on the app, press "enter" when the pop up appears, maybe pay intl shipping

assuming the platform doesn't poo poo itself again

e: Yeah, briefly lost video feed, can't authenticate login via browser, now he can't draw a winner

Big Bad Beetleborg fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 4, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It will

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
lmao this poo poo is already a trainwreck

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

god drat it ticketmaster—whoops, sorry. force of habit

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Didn't they learn their lesson after Post Malone crashed their site?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

MasterBuilder posted:

Didn't they learn their lesson after Post Malone crashed their site?

1/4 drawings have successfully had a winner, the rest have frozen in progress

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
i love magic

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

uggy posted:

i love magic

Uhhhh, mods??!?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why don't you marry it

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Khanstant posted:

Why don't you marry it

Because wedding ring is like $18 :argh:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Rules question: how would effects like Sakiko, Mother of Summer interact with aftermath Tyvar? Would the creatures dealing the damage get counters, would it be Sakiko since she's the one with the mana generation, or would no counters be generated? Trying to decide whether to put her and og Omnath in my Tyvar deck or my hydras deck

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Sakiko is the one with the ability, she doesn't grant an ability to your other creatures, so she would be the one getting counters.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Skakiko doesn't have a mana ability.

quote:

605. Mana Abilities
605.1. Some activated abilities and some triggered abilities are mana abilities, which are subject to special rules. Only abilities that meet either of the following two sets of criteria are mana abilities, regardless of what other effects they may generate or what timing restrictions (such as “Activate only as an instant”) they may have.
605.1a An activated ability is a mana ability if it meets all of the following criteria: it doesn’t require a target (see rule 115.6), it could add mana to a player’s mana pool when it resolves, and it’s not a loyalty ability. (See rule 606, “Loyalty Abilities.”)
605.1b A triggered ability is a mana ability if it meets all of the following criteria: it doesn’t require a target (see rule 115.6), it triggers from the activation or resolution of an activated mana ability (see rule 605.1a) or from mana being added to a player’s mana pool, and it could add mana to a player’s mana pool when it resolves

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
https://fox59.com/news/indycrime/impd-over-300k-in-gaming-cards-stolen-before-gen-con-in-downtown-indy/

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m perfectly chill. Perfectly chill. The most innocuous comment set you off, not me. People are shockingly stupid, except for me. If that upsets you please shut the fuck up.
Genuinely surprised that doesn’t happen more often. Blows my mind that people blithely carry around eternal format decks “worth” 4-6 figures.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
lol it had nothing to do with decks those guys used a pallet jack to steal inventory

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m perfectly chill. Perfectly chill. The most innocuous comment set you off, not me. People are shockingly stupid, except for me. If that upsets you please shut the fuck up.

Time posted:

lol it had nothing to do with decks those guys used a pallet jack to steal inventory

I read the article thanks. If you think the value and ease of stealing these cards is entirely unrelated to the value and ease of stealing constructed decks I don’t know what to tell you.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

yeah it looks like they stole boxes of unopened inventory... stealing pallets of unopened merchandise is way easier to fence.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Loucks posted:

I read the article thanks. If you think the value and ease of stealing these cards is entirely unrelated to the value and ease of stealing constructed decks I don’t know what to tell you.

They are wholly unrelated. Just saying poo poo ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Using a pallet jack to steal a backpack