Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
that joke didn’t kill itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Quoting from this wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Olson

quote:

the torture and execution of Soviet agents and ex-Nazi "expendables" in black sites in Europe during the early 1950s

Anyone have any sources on either of those topics?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

this kills the joke

okay but can it do surgery on a joke?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Trabisnikof posted:

Quoting from this wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Olson

Anyone have any sources on either of those topics?

Lace the air with LSD

"It was the Church Committee’s report in April 1976 that brought MK-Ultra to public attention. The programme, which ran from the early 1950s through to the mid-1960s, had investigated forms of mind control that might be deployed on civilian populations. A particular interest had been taken in LSD, which was tested on such ‘expendable’ populations as prisoners and refugees, on the general public and, extensively, on the programme’s own agents. Many of the subjects were dosed without their knowledge or consent – including Frank Olson, who had ‘leaped to his death’ in ‘what appeared to be a serious depression’ after his Cointreau was spiked with LSD at a CIA retreat. The Church Committee concluded that the full extent of MK-Ultra’s work, especially outside the US, would never be known, since records of it had been destroyed."

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

whatever chemicals they used at Pont Sant Esprit will likely never be known but that was 100% CIA either with or without other agencies

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Just going to say Arlington road is a wild ride and a great film

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Azathoth posted:

whatever chemicals they used at Pont Sant Esprit will likely never be known but that was 100% CIA either with or without other agencies

and spooked up writer John G Fuller wrote a "nonfiction" treatment saying it was natural ergot poisoning

you may know him from a different book ...

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

spooked up is right like a front of a person

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

The Saucer Hovers posted:

spooked up is right like a front of a person

oh don't mind me just jetting around to brazil and the philippines with my good buddy dr andrija puharich to "investigate" psychic scammer faith healers with the flimsiest of standards and pronounce them 100% genuine, whoops haha my ol' pal andrija is responsible for bringing scam artists uri gellar and peter hurkos to the USA, haha how clumsy of him hope he didn't knock over any beakers while he was at edgewood or fort detrick, anyshit have you heard about rock music causing trance states? it's all in my latest book,

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Puharich was described as a "credulous investigator."[12] Raymond Buckland has written "with the exception of Dr. Andrija Puharich, not a single recognized psychic investigator has been impressed with Hurkos's performances."[13]

hit em with the ol' double buckshot, ray!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
"Puharich also stated that Geller teleported a dog through the walls of his house."

back in the day there were a bunch of celebrity psychics like geller and hurkos, it's just that only geller bothered to persevere through multiple exposures as a fraud - it doesn't matter! you just keep doing it! hurkos and gerard croiset crawled back to holland with their tails between their legs after just a few embarrassments, as did dozens of other flash in the pan espers, but geller knew that any sense of shame just holds you back from being a famous psychic

Dr. Jerrold Coe has issued a correction as of 05:37 on Aug 21, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Puharich also stated that Geller teleported a dog through the walls of his house.

playtime is OVER

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

gradenko_2000 posted:

playtime is OVER

I mean, did the dog go through the wall? Sure. Would I say that it "teleported" or was "in one piece" on the other side ... ehhh ...

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
Hey, isn't Puharich the guy who has the patent for a radio transmitter dental implant?

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

moller posted:

Hey, isn't Puharich the guy who has the patent for a radio transmitter dental implant?

yeop

http://geocitiessites.com/Area51/Shadowlands/6583/project188.html

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

now do his ties to peyote church, esalen, and channeling the nine for all those heirs and heiresses

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

wait which heiresses

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

Lace the air with LSD

"It was the Church Committee’s report in April 1976 that brought MK-Ultra to public attention. The programme, which ran from the early 1950s through to the mid-1960s, had investigated forms of mind control that might be deployed on civilian populations. A particular interest had been taken in LSD, which was tested on such ‘expendable’ populations as prisoners and refugees, on the general public and, extensively, on the programme’s own agents. Many of the subjects were dosed without their knowledge or consent – including Frank Olson, who had ‘leaped to his death’ in ‘what appeared to be a serious depression’ after his Cointreau was spiked with LSD at a CIA retreat. The Church Committee concluded that the full extent of MK-Ultra’s work, especially outside the US, would never be known, since records of it had been destroyed."

Thanks that book looks good!

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

Lace the air with LSD

The frank oslon article led me to learn that Michael Ignieff (who wrote about frank oslon) is from a family of White Russian nobility which fled to Canada after 1917 where his father became a spook/diplomat and Michael wrote pro-NATO books about the Responsibility to Protect and was president of the Open Societies Foundation-created Central European University in Hungary.

I bet he is very tight with Crystia Freeland

He also wrote a book in 2003 explaining thats torture, assassination, and general erosion of civil liberties was necessary to combat Islamic terrorism.

Canadian east-european diaspora NGO-sphere liberals man.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

The Saucer Hovers posted:

now do his ties to peyote church, esalen, and channeling the nine for all those heirs and heiresses

The Empire Never Ended did a great series involving puharich
https://www.patreon.com/posts/186-f-files-iii-80135956?l=fr

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ya camp guards make up a significant portion of Canada's Natural Ruling Party's base

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

paul_soccer12 posted:

The frank oslon article led me to learn that Michael Ignieff (who wrote about frank oslon) is from a family of White Russian nobility which fled to Canada after 1917 where his father became a spook/diplomat and Michael wrote pro-NATO books about the Responsibility to Protect and was president of the Open Societies Foundation-created Central European University in Hungary.

I bet he is very tight with Crystia Freeland

He also wrote a book in 2003 explaining thats torture, assassination, and general erosion of civil liberties was necessary to combat Islamic terrorism.

Canadian east-european diaspora NGO-sphere liberals man.

His grandfather signed the treaty that ended the Russo-Japanese War.

e: you should dig up that one quote of his about Crystia from his memoir because it's eye popping. I wish I could remember it offhand.

ee:

There's a reason people in Ottawa call her "the honourable minister from CSIS"

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 19:42 on Aug 21, 2023

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
oh poo poo I didnt realize that quote was from his book lol.

that's a pretty disgusting thing to say on its face but of course he cites it reverently

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo I should have gone with my first joke reply "paging FF to give us that page from Iggy's memoirs"

Ya Freeland is a monster and still likely our next PM

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
"Soviet Souls" who are not "fervently nationalist" enough and will require remaking into a "new human type" by the "true ukrainians who kept the faith" why does everyone keep calling me a fascist wtf

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
the compulsion and fatalism worked its way into their bones (like some sort of disease perhaps) by the judeo-bolshevik Communist system

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

paul_soccer12 posted:

"Soviet Souls" who are not "fervently nationalist" enough and will require remaking into a "new human type" by the "true ukrainians who kept the faith" why does everyone keep calling me a fascist wtf

It's very funny that HYDRA is essentially real but all of the funko pop marvel people have gone full Slava.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
https://twitter.com/YAppelbaum/status/1693601228477907389

Vivek, show yourself coward.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Like actually on the planes? U.S. Navy Rear admiral Wilson Flagg.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
He's just asking questions.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

we know at least 19 federal agents died on 9/11

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Vivek asked ChatGPT to take anti-Semitic 9/11 conspiracies and replace all references to Jews with references to the "administrative state"

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
False Flagg... makes you think

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Dokapon Findom posted:

False Randall Flagg... makes you think

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

the first manlet president

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Neither is free speech, but we all go around acting like it is real and a bedrock of the society.

AI is mostly bullshit but it is useful because allows the elites in society hang on to the fantasy that when poo poo gets bad enough, they can retain their moral right to rule by outsourcing the decision of who get put onto cattle cars to machines.

whatever you think of him Curtis’s “All watched over…” is probably his most spot on doc.

it’s all reducible to principles on how these baseline technologies, and even the entire cognitive framework of them, were deeply inspired by libertarian utopians.

Danger has issued a correction as of 23:40 on Aug 21, 2023

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
oh also

https://twitter.com/deep_beige/status/1693685917662212271?s=46

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

mark immune posted:

the first manlet president

Aziz Ansari is going to get paid so much by SNL

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

flubber did 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

mark immune posted: