Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Can Of Worms posted:

The live action Arlong in the poster was nagging me for a while because it looked so familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it... and now I realized what it reminded me of: Ivan Ooze, the villain from the Power Rangers movie.

Holy poo poo, I can’t unsee this now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Is there a chapter this week?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Gologle posted:

Nami.............

Someone else has already said it, but how the gently caress did you forget "Luffy... Help me"??? That's the first time Luffy has willingly given up his hat to someone else, everyone else just waiting for that request, the whole goddamn walk to Arlong Park, cmon man. Also, the ending to the fight is just a continuation of that scene too!

That's going to be the big test of the live action show, every other scene pales in comparison!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Gologle posted:

What would you consider to be One Piece iconic moments? Luffy about to be executed in Roguetown, Zoro getting bodied by Mihawk, Chopper only dying when he's been forgotten, Usopp shooting down the World Government flag, Nami.............Robin screaming she wants to live, Frankie's crew getting bodied by Luffy Zoro Sanji Chopper, Brook soloing Big Mom. Only like one of these moments is going to be in season 1

Shanks saving Luffy's life, the crew saying goodbye to Vivi, Gear 2nd, Going Merry's funeral

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Raspberry Bang posted:

Is there a chapter this week?

No

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

ThingOne posted:

I don't know if it's iconic, but Bellemere telling Nami and Nojiko she loves them is one of the scenes I need the live action to nail.

Yeah, Bellmere is the first flashback MVP.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Gologle posted:

What would you consider to be One Piece iconic moments? Luffy about to be executed in Roguetown, Zoro getting bodied by Mihawk, Chopper only dying when he's been forgotten, Usopp shooting down the World Government flag, Nami.............Robin screaming she wants to live, Frankie's crew getting bodied by Luffy Zoro Sanji Chopper, Brook soloing Big Mom. Only like one of these moments is going to be in season 1

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
netflix arlong has to lock bellemere in a dungeon to stay consistent with the western adaptions

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

BoosterDuck posted:

netflix arlong has to lock bellemere in a dungeon to stay consistent with the western adaptions

He's gonna say that he will, then shoot her in the face.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gologle posted:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

BoosterDuck posted:

IF YOU CAN'T PAY THE CASH, THEN YOU'RE OUT WITH THE TRASH AND FEEL FREE TO QUOTE ME YEEEEAAAAHHHH

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I don't consider that to be a good Nami moment, it's a good crew moment tho

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gologle posted:

I don't consider that to be a good Nami moment, it's a good crew moment tho

In that case, good Nami moments are the handful of times she said gently caress the money and tried to blow everything they had for a friend.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nami stabbing her own arm in a rage after the help me scene was a good moment for her

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Arlong was always going to look a little goofy and i'm fine with fishmen having power ranger tier prosthetics.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Gyges posted:

Yeah, Bellmere is the first flashback MVP.
It's not Zeff?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Lucky Roux executing that bandit is a top tier moment and the first hint that this comic book for children ain’t loving around

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

No Wave posted:

It's not Zeff?

We already knew Zeff was a cool dude before the flashback.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Amazing :lol:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://twitter.com/onepiecenetflix/status/1694871637647045042?s=20

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It better be hooked up to a landline

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/onepiecenetflix/status/1694898313038836122?s=20

CAVENDISH?!

also mihawk should not have a wanted poster he is a warlord at this time and his bounty has been frozen

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

CAVENDISH?!

also mihawk should not have a wanted poster he is a warlord at this time and his bounty has been frozen
Lol, I love the ambition of casting Cavendish, but it makes sense to have his poster up- he was a notable rookie the year before Luffy's debut, hence his jealousy. It makes sense he'd have posters up everywhere at this point.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Waffleman_ posted:

CAVENDISH?!

I'm getting a whole lot of joy out of mug shots today.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Bluemillion posted:

I'm getting a whole lot of joy out of mug shots today.

lol

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

CAVENDISH?!

They account for htat! There's red text under the DEAD OR ALIVE that seems to say something along the lines "bounty has been cancelled by the world government"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1694923121982308531?s=20

I'm gonna be at work the day it premieres and god it's gonna be hell to wait

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I assume the Easter egg posters are just random models and they could recast/redesign those characters if they actually get to that point.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Aug 25, 2023

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Would be true to the manga where the character silhouettes are often way off base from the final design

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Here are the VAs dubbing it trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upJ3Rk4e1d8

Very weird sensation

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Zoro fits but hearing Mayumi Tanaka's voice coming out of Iñaki is really weird.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

No chapter this week, anime recap episode, OPLA doesn't drop until next week...

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Babe Magnet posted:

"expensive" and "badly made" aren't mutually exclusive

I honestly feel like you guys are just utterly determined to hate the live action. We have both the highest budget in history for a show like this, and Oda himself explicitly saying he endorses it.

Personally I will simply have faith in the author of hit manga "One Piece". The live action will be the best anime live adaptation ever and everyone will love it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Infinitum posted:

Here are the VAs dubbing it trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upJ3Rk4e1d8

Very weird sensation

honestly kinda works for me

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Maybe it's just the child-like awe from Luffy's actor and Oda, but there seems to be noticeably more 'good will' in the air around this adaption.

Rooting for it.

Make it to season four so we can see a man shoot CGI noodles out of his nose.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tolth posted:

I honestly feel like you guys are just utterly determined to hate the live action. We have both the highest budget in history for a show like this, and Oda himself explicitly saying he endorses it.

Personally I will simply have faith in the author of hit manga "One Piece". The live action will be the best anime live adaptation ever and everyone will love it.

You can't make me hope.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Tolth posted:

The live action will be the best anime live adaptation ever and everyone will love it.

Well even if it misses we'll still have Alita and Speed Racer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Tolth posted:

It's really crazy that you keep equating Big Budget = Good.
Also really crazy you think they would allow Oda to say (or publishing anything with him saying) anything explicitly bad (not "we worked on it to make it better!") about a project they are spending that much money on.

It seems like you're utterly determined to like the show no matter what.

Also let it be known I think the show looks fine (except Arlong who looks like total dogshit in both makeup and casting), but acting like "THEY SPENT A BUNCH OF MONEY ON IT IT'S GONNA BE SOOOOOOO GOOD, people are just hating on it to hate" is silly.