Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Ep2:Nami's den-den mushi earpiece is a really cool idea but imagine that thing wriggling around in your ear :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ep2: Do you remember my Binky Ball?

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!
Hey so, I practically never post but love reading the manga and seeing all of you guys discussions.

I've been reading the manga for years but recently I've also been enjoying watching the anime with my 7 year old kid, one episode every evening. We've finally got to the end of skypeia and are giving that One Pace edit someone mentioned in the thread a while back with the Davy Back fights.
She prefers the broadcast episodes so looks like water 7 is gonna be a long haul.

We've been counting down the days for the Netflix OP and though we only got through episode one she's been excitedly explaining every aspect she can of it to her Mum.

Her full review is "I wish Nami was more smiley sneaky, but I like that she does more fights...hitting sneaky," she's coming around on Luffy but wasn't a fan of his hair.

On my end, I loved the look of the whole thing, prop dept went whole hog on this, the Den Den Mushis were amazing and I loved the blink-and-you-miss-em cameos in the crowd at Rogers execution.

We did some painting last week and she attempted to paint all the straw hats. Then her hand got tired so she left it at her four favourites.

Mostly though I just want to share this picture because I can't stop smiling at her Grumpy rear end Zoro.

"Don't talk to me, or my Doctor, ever again."

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I know wrestlers aren't the best actors, but I just want Kevin Nash to play Whitebeard.

And maybe Samoa Joe to play Jinbei

I just think they fit. :shrug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They have to at least do a second season so Jamie Lee can be Kureha

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Agent_grey posted:

Hey so, I practically never post but love reading the manga and seeing all of you guys discussions.

I've been reading the manga for years but recently I've also been enjoying watching the anime with my 7 year old kid, one episode every evening. We've finally got to the end of skypeia and are giving that One Pace edit someone mentioned in the thread a while back with the Davy Back fights.
She prefers the broadcast episodes so looks like water 7 is gonna be a long haul.

We've been counting down the days for the Netflix OP and though we only got through episode one she's been excitedly explaining every aspect she can of it to her Mum.

Her full review is "I wish Nami was more smiley sneaky, but I like that she does more fights...hitting sneaky," she's coming around on Luffy but wasn't a fan of his hair.

On my end, I loved the look of the whole thing, prop dept went whole hog on this, the Den Den Mushis were amazing and I loved the blink-and-you-miss-em cameos in the crowd at Rogers execution.

We did some painting last week and she attempted to paint all the straw hats. Then her hand got tired so she left it at her four favourites.

Mostly though I just want to share this picture because I can't stop smiling at her Grumpy rear end Zoro.

"Don't talk to me, or my Doctor, ever again."

I love this zoro

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Ep2: Do you remember my Binky Ball?

My Boogie Ball

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Infinitum posted:

Tumblr Buggy is my friend

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
My biggest concern with a season 2 is how terrifying live action Chopper will be. Also much more devil fruit CG, notably Zoans

RatHat fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 1, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Live Action didnt forget about Gin

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RatHat posted:

My biggest concern with a season 2 is how terrifying live action Chopper will be. Also much more devil fruit Ch, notably Zoans

You could probably get away with making him use the full-human form or reindeer form more often, but like virtually every Zoan is at least slightly cursed in their hybrid form outside of the manga’s black and white since they look like guys wearing animal skin pelts over their face.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

RatHat posted:

My biggest concern with a season 2 is how terrifying live action Chopper will be. Also much more devil fruit Ch, notably Zoans
Yeah, you also have both Smoker and Crocodile to consider as well as everything on Little Garden.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Chopper has to be a muppet it’s the only way

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Chopper's always just off-screen in every shot.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I pay for the Netflix $15.00 a month tier and was watching the first episode and got ads. Did that happen to anyone else? I went and double-checked to make sure I didn't downgrade to the ad-supported version but it's the Standard ad-free subscription. I thought it was an accident but I got ads again in Episode 2 as well so I canceled Netflix. Maybe it's a regional thing they're testing?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I am begging netflix to just have Chopper be a muppet. I promise it will look better and less expensive than whatever else they plan.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

hatty posted:

Chopper has to be a muppet it’s the only way

A Muppet, a dude in a Sasquatch suit, and a Disney live action Reindeer.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Tampa Bae posted:

I pay for the Netflix $15.00 a month tier and was watching the first episode and got ads. Did that happen to anyone else? I went and double-checked to make sure I didn't downgrade to the ad-supported version but it's the Standard ad-free subscription. I thought it was an accident but I got ads again in Episode 2 as well so I canceled Netflix. Maybe it's a regional thing they're testing?

set fail for ads piece

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Kind of surprising that of all the opening Jolly Rogers, Nami's is the most terrifying.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Have heard the best casting is Bogard.

Looking forward to it!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Casting and framing on point

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Eiba posted:

I'm very curious about what people who aren't fans think of this strange pirate fantasy.

I'm glad it's got fan approval, and I'm very much looking forward to enjoying the rest of this season, but I'd be shocked if it even got a second season unless it finds significant appeal outside of existing fans of the manga.

I watched it with my partner who tried the anime but couldn't get into it. We've only watched the first episode so far but we both loved it.

Nihilarian posted:

I am begging netflix to just have Chopper be a muppet. I promise it will look better and less expensive than whatever else they plan.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Why the heck is this show ...good? I'm pretty happy with this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nihilarian posted:

Please sweet Jesus do this. Somebody get Werner Herzog on the case!

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Teek posted:

I had a few things I wanted to see covered, and I was worried because one big character is "removed" in the streamline, but Don Krieg shows up just enough for Mihawk to cut his ship in two, and I was very happy. Showing Mihawk's power scale is one of the fun bits of his early appearance that I was hoping they would show that. Boo to his little ship not showing up though.

You can see Mihawks little ship in the first episode! When every pirate starts setting sail after Roger's execution, it's in like the lower right of the bay if I remember right.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ok so I have to know is it good

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Jerusalem posted:

Please sweet Jesus do this. Somebody get Werner Herzog on the case!

An interesting choice, but I don't think Chopper should be voiced by Werner Herzog.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

JK Simmons as :bignews:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ok so I have to know is it good

I watched it all and liked it, some changes were a little off, a major change was really well done and made it feel like its own version in a good way. I really like how Garp is used.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Waffleman_ posted:

JK Simmons as :whitebeard:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleopolis posted:

An interesting choice, but I don't think Chopper should be voiced by Werner Herzog.

Dr. Hiriluk then!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder if they threw anyone else into Roger's execution scene besides Shanks, Mihawk, and Smoker.

Like if you zoom in real close on one of the shots from the scaffolding you'd see a grey spot that's supposed to be Moria or an incredibly douchey shade of pink that's supposed to be Doflamingo.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

One Piece is truly goated.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Ep 5 I kinda started freaking out when Garp threw the cannonball because it's so much earlier than we could have ever expected

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It is interesting that LAOP uses much smaller bore cannons than the manga or anime.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Arist posted:

I freaked the gently caress out when Lucky Roux appeared onscreen

Same

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i liked most of the show! definitely lovingly made.

the only thing i didn't like was in episode 4 zoro escaping from the well like it was dark knight rises

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Episode six Noland the liar already being mentioned!

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Loving the show so far (5 episodes in) - they have done a real service to the material while understanding what changes need to be made to keep an audience interested. Like the way that Garp + Koby/Helmeppo are used to keep the Marine side in view instead of being sidelined until later. Or the way that the villains aren't all just tossed aside but interact with each other.

Garp is fantastic - his pure joy at Luffy deflecting the cannonball he threw is such a good moment - you can see both the desire to fight Luffy as a pirate and pride in him at the same time.. The villains in general have been excellent, Buggy especially - I really hope that the series gets enough seasons to at least see Impel Down/Marineford.

I think my favorite addition is the little special touches - especially the wanted posters whenever a pirate is introduced. The way the characters seamlessly physically interact with them in the scene is so much better than a bit of text would have been.

Gully Foyle fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
watched all of it. it was pretty good. like, idk, an 8/10 as a fan of the manga. most of my gripes are small writing things and the editing/obsession with fisheye lens/pretty eh cinematography. like its janky, but as an entire season of tv it works overall.