Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

This is why American shed-built murdersubs are superior because they at least kill billionaires and millionaires instead :colbert:

Only downside is now fewer billionaires will willingly climb into rickety ocean death traps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Devorum posted:

Only downside is now fewer billionaires will willingly climb into rickety ocean death traps.

That’s okay. I can push pretty drat hard.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Anders posted:

Denmark is a cursed country. Lego and Legoland is pretty drat awesome though

I once taught at an international school for little genius kids. It was very progressive and they always learned every country in the world.

The one 5 year old German kid absolute hated Denmark. He would refuse to draw the flag. He wouldn't put the Denmark piece into the puzzle. I asked him why.

"Mr. Grapes. I have been to Denmark. It is not a real country. It is all Legos...

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Smart kid

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
As we pass the 12 year mark since ADWD the book discussion is devolving in new disgusting ways.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

someone needs to vargo hoat their posting hand

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

reddit continues to be utterly worthless

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Reddit is Asshai-by-the-Shadow.

Children aren’t allowed there for their own safety.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I was just thinking to myself about how I was not looking forward to the Hot Take cycle whenever* we get Winds. Talking about any sort of media has become so reductive that you can't have a conversation about anything with regards to any sort of complexity and nuance. There's no discussion anymore it's just Thing Good or Thing Bad.

*if

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I eagerly await my phone recommending me articles from comicbook.com which are AI driven, 1000 words exactly and answer exactly nothing of the premise.

"The WINDS of WINTER: Why does Stannis say "it's baratheon time boys!" Explained"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It Stannis says that I forgive Gurm for everything

mewse
May 2, 2006

My favourite part of cleganebowl was when clegane said "its clegane time" and cleganed all over clegane

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mewse posted:

My favourite part of cleganebowl was when clegane said "its clegane time" and cleganed all over clegane

Look, sometimes you just gotta give the people what they want :shrug:

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Someone in the greyscale thread proudly posting about that time they beat a direwolf cub to death with a brick. "WINTERTIME IS OVER!"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lol that reminds me of another Netflix show, the Medici one. Much like GoT, it has lots of medieval weirdos running around hitting each other with swords and taking their shirts off. Not great, fine romp though.

But it has Robb Stark and Sean Bean as Cosimo de’Medici and Iacopo Pazzi, respectively. And surrounded by posh and italian actors they make no attempt to do anything but the exact same gruff northern sword man persona despite being supposedly these cunning scheming banker types. It’s really funny

Season One feels less like Cosimo biopic and more “Robb Stark goes to Firenze” isekai

Lol didn't even have to google to think that Sean Bean eats it here

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
It's been 12 years since this Secret Preview of WInds of Winter

Well he told us with the last line

basx posted:

:siren: SECRET PREVIEW: The Winds of Winter :siren:

Jon Starkgaryen Snow, Undead Warg Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, stood atop the Wall, despairing. The Others had come, and the pale pinpoints of their dead eyes filled the dark field below like a galaxy of stars.

To his left and right, the Wall's last stalwart defenders gave up all hope, and Jon wrinkled his nose at the stench as they loosed their bowels upon the ramparts. Hot brown sludge flowed like day-old cocoa down the legs of their black breeches, freezing in slippery pools upon the ice.

Jon raised Longclaw, an impotent gesture against the vast horde, but he would die with honor - just like the last time, and maybe the time before that.

Then he heard the sound, a deep thrumming like the sound of wind whipping through the banners over Winterfell's high towers. He looked up into the gray sky and saw them, three sets of leathery wings beating down. Dragons. One was larger than his brothers - a black nightmare that carried a slim woman with silvery hair.

The rumors of the dragon queen across the sea had reached Eastwatch months before, but Jon was shocked to see her here, at the Wall. She should have been in King's Landing.

The booming crack of ice breaking brought him back to the here and now. The black dragon had settled its great claws on the wall like an eagle perching on a pine bough, but Jon was startled to see it facing south, away from the oncoming horde of undead.

Then the dragon queen stood on the great beast's back. She looked longingly to the south, and Jon knew that her thoughts were of her birthright, the Iron Throne.

All had gone quiet upon the Wall. Jon's few remaining men simply gawked at the black dragon and his brothers circling far above. In the silence, Jon heard the dragon queen speak, her soft voice clear as silver bells in the crisp air. "To go south, I must first poo poo north."

Jon watched as she hiked her silk robe around her graceful, curving hips, exposing the pale, soft skin of her buttocks. She gave a little grunt, and a steaming torrent of viscous fluid shot out, arcing into the space beyond the wall.
The dragon staggered from the force of the blast, but held its ground. The hot brown liquid froze immediately in the fierce north wind, and as it plummeted toward the earth, the turds became razor sharp crystals of putrid ice. They tore into the ranks of the Others, shredding the cold, otherworldly knights.

Hope surged in Jon's chest, and he grinned madly and shouted at the dragon queen. Just then, another great beast landed on the wall and stared at Jon with its smouldering eyes. Rather than recoil in horror, Jon took two long strides, and without thinking, found himself at the dragon's side, climbing its cream-colored scales to its back.

Something hot moved within him, like a lamprey still wriggling in its pie. He turned his back to the Others, dropped his trousers and gave a great push...

To be continued in 2029 loving never.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The audio book reading of brown water might be one of the funniest things of all time to be honest.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The audio book reading of brown water might be one of the funniest things of all time to be honest.

Is it still Roy Dotrice by that point?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Yeah they did (I think) book 4 with someone else and then brought Dotrice back for book 5. His book 5 Dany sounds like an Irish grandmother

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shageletic posted:

Lol didn't even have to google to think that Sean Bean eats it here

Surely by now there's a TV show with Sean Bean where his character repeatedly finds himself in certain death situations only to show up in a later scene perfectly ok and like nothing happened, right?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Me and my wife decided to watch Shameless and some kid in there had a GoT shirt on and I realized that the tv show is over a decade old and still pumped out more new content than GRRM did.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i used to watch shameless (uk) quite religiously growing up so Luke and Elliot Tittensor playing Arryk and Erryk Cargyll in HOT D was a big what the gently caress and also drat that's loving good casting moment

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 31, 2023

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

They're pretty great on the show.

Hot D is pretty good overall so far.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Shageletic posted:

They're pretty great on the show.

Hot D is pretty good overall so far.

I really appreciate that I can ask people if they’re “riding that Hot D”.

That spices up some otherwise boring conversations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Evil Fluffy posted:

Surely by now there's a TV show with Sean Bean where his character repeatedly finds himself in certain death situations only to show up in a later scene perfectly ok and like nothing happened, right?

not a tv show but in Hitman, sean bean's character is "the undying" a guy who survives pretty much anything, even 47.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The final season of Medici opens with an artist painting a mural of his corpse hanging from the walls of the palazzo, no spoilers bc that actually happened to Pazzi

Hot D isn’t great but rules mostly I want more Daemon

KellHound
Jul 23, 2007

I commend my soul to any god that can find it.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Apparently after Game of Thrones, Sean Bean is refusing to take parts where he dies. It was getting too predictable he said.

mewse
May 2, 2006

KellHound posted:

Apparently after Game of Thrones, Sean Bean is refusing to take parts where he dies. It was getting too predictable he said.

has someone explained to him that everyone dies eventually

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

mewse posted:

Yeah but first we must live

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mewse posted:

"Not today."

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I'll keep posting his stuff, but Glidus is a good watch. Here's an April Fool's video he did where he grabbed a few ASOIAF-channels and dragooned them into a trivia show based around fan theories:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mOUdw0m1VU&t=257s

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've a lot of his stuff on as background noise of late.

The stream where he and ASX review cover arts is quite good too.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Missing the nuclear reactor at Storm’s End.

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Couldn't find a picture of Cheyenne Mountain either huh

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

started a rewatch of the show for unknown reasons, probably because I hate myself I guess. the first sign that the quality is about to go south in S4 was when Tanner started twirling his stupid daggers around like a dipshit. also beggar's belief how the show had the hound make a big point of Syrio getting offed because his opponent had armour and a bigger weapon, and then cut to Ramsay running around shirtless like some anime villain against several heavily armoured and armed soldiers.

ulvir fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 4, 2023

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
We started rewatching but canceled HBO. I just have the first four seasons on DVD from when I wasn’t burned. Seems like a good place to end, with four being where the cracks start. Just gonna pretend it got canceled before Bad Pussy.

Are the commentary tracks any good? I’d like to hear from some actors and crew but not so much D&D

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I'll keep posting his stuff, but Glidus is a good watch. Here's an April Fool's video he did where he grabbed a few ASOIAF-channels and dragooned them into a trivia show based around fan theories:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mOUdw0m1VU&t=257s

I'm a really big fan of his very first video, his theory that Sweet Robin's real dad is Little Finger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX_tubKH3nI

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ulvir posted:

and then cut to Ramsay running around shirtless like some anime villain against several heavily armoured and armed soldiers.

That entire season(s?) felt like somehow the guy who played Ramsay got let into the writers room by accident and just kept suggesting dumb poo poo like this and the real writers were too shy to shoot it down. The “twenty good men” thing was essentially the same, like the guy was a bad parody fanfic villain until it was time for him to die, before then he was untouchable

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Yeah, the Ramsay poo poo was a bad case of "We killed Joffrey and the whole audience had a no-touch orgasm watching that nasty fucker die on screen. We need another pure evil antagonist, stat!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Happy Landfill posted:

I'm a really big fan of his very first video, his theory that Sweet Robin's real dad is Little Finger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX_tubKH3nI

“This fully rustles Hoster Tully’s jimmies” certainly is a phrase.