Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

my name is the lorax and i speak for the trans

gently caress, was looking for drug names that end in ax when i should have :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Mr. Fix It posted:

gently caress, was looking for drug names that end in ax when i should have :justpost:

topomax

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

lol the stink lines

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfEHNLkSHpE

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

edgerunners ftmfw

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i don't know what is going on in tradgames and all these look like petty gossip but what i'm also saying is we should delete all board games

Boardgames are just wargames without toy soldiers, for people too joyless to make "pew pew" noises while crushing their opponent. I second this motion.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Boardgames are just wargames without toy soldiers, for people too joyless to make "pew pew" noises while crushing their opponent. I second this motion.

You havent played the game of Life with me if you dont think I can pew pew when I win that beauty contest

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

You havent played the game of Life with me if you dont think I can pew pew when I win that beauty contest

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Grassy Knowles posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v6iOVhw6mQ

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Mr. Fix It posted:

Arrivia nooooo

I quit reading TG because she made every thread about anything she didn't like unreadable.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

rodbeard posted:

I quit reading TG because she made every thread about anything she didn't like unreadable.

my solution to that was to never start reading TG

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I like reading TG.

Traditional Grandpas.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

tabletop games were not meant to be played without the table. its an affront to god

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Roth posted:

Arivia told me about how she is irl a speaker for trans rights in Canadian government, and all I said was like "Oh wow"

She took that as me giving her permission from all the mods to speak for all trans goons on the forum.

lol

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Arivia has done like big deal IRL advocacy work for trans and gay rights. She's also got volcanically mad at someone for eating a bowl of ground beef. People have a lot of dimensions, I guess.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Roth posted:

Arivia told me about how she is irl a speaker for trans rights in Canadian government, and all I said was like "Oh wow"

She took that as me giving her permission from all the mods to speak for all trans goons on the forum.

lol I was wondering where I remembered Arrivia from, that was the goon who did that "actually, I can speak on behalf of all trans posters" speech during the troubles or whatever.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nuns with Guns posted:

Arivia has done like big deal IRL advocacy work for trans and gay rights. She's also got volcanically mad at someone for eating a bowl of ground beef. People have a lot of dimensions, I guess.

Reminds me of that one woman who was an acknowledged expert on Soviet politics who worked for the UN on several human rights projects, then moved on to becoming a notoriously toxic celebrity in the Second Life community and threatened SA at one point.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

a notoriously toxic celebrity in the Second Life community

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I mostly remember Arivia being really mad about videogames, and really really mad about pretty much everything (and very eager to cite vague non-specifics of her IRL achievements to try and win arguments in QCS) during The Troubles.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i miss when second life was funny. . .

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

We'll always have Ralph Pootawn

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, because he refuses to leave.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Go away Ralph

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Came here to post this:

johnny park posted:

lol the stink lines

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Mr. Fix It posted:

Arrivia nooooo

Surprised it took this long and also lmao at how utterly awful every principle member of that exchange is at basic conversation

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
arivia annoyed me and thats why she was banned

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
pretty good reason, imho

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

ralph pls go

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kazinsal posted:

ralph pls go

no

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

pentyne posted:

Thinking about the goon who drove the FNAF creator into sudden retirement by just casually posting on Twitter how he donates to tons of right wing groups thinking it was an open secret.

hehe

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

His response was priceless and basically "listen I have queer friends and I don't hate any of them, but they need to be stopped for their own good"

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

pentyne posted:

His response was priceless and basically "listen I have queer friends and I don't hate any of them, but they need to be stopped for their own good"

people say this about me all the freaking time.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

very risky blowjob posted:

it's because your blow jobs have a body count.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

very risky blowjob posted:

same but its because im a chud

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Psycho Landlord posted:

Surprised it took this long...
I only remember one interaction with Arivia in Trad Games. Not the topic, just the ferocity. Not having interacted with the RPG/D&D/cards side of TG I hadn't come across her, then one day I stepped on the landmine. It is the only time I've ever had a PM from a stranger to warn me about another poster's reputation for relentless arseache.
That was maybe five years ago.

quote:

...also lmao at how utterly awful every principle member of that exchange is at basic conversation
There's something in the ink they use for MTG cards, like mercury in hat felt.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
posters who go sicko stupid at the mildest perceived slight are vital to the website and we should be cultivating them not driving them out.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

not enough honourable posting battle these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Cant believe the subforum dedicated to sub-comic book nerd level dweebs are full of antisocial weirdos....