Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

fanfic insert posted:

its actually very easy, just do a global one child policy and invest whatever rich countries save on raising half a generation(plus some extra for colonial reparations) on education, infrastructure and welfare in poor countries and aim for 4 billion or whatever

Wait for a minute while I figure out some specious argument for this being fascist eugenics or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Sextro posted:

Epstein didn't kill himself because there is no self.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Dokapon Findom posted:

Wait for a minute while I figure out some specious argument for this being fascist eugenics or whatever

preemptively; You enact the policy on wealthy countries first and only implement it in poorer countries as welfare states take hold and their standard of living approach the wealthy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
what do you do with people who have more than one child

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
less welfare maybe? I don't know I think it'd have to be discussed and managed in it's cultural context. Definitely not "no welfare" but incentives being taken away isn't the same as tyrannical fascism

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Who actually killed him? A guard, a fixer?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

KORNOLOGY posted:

the girl reading this❤️

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

KORNOLOGY posted:

If he was in fact killed and not smuggled out by Barr & co. my preferred answer would of course be Nicholas Tartaglione, his roided-up murdercop cellmate. While performing the function of a fixer it is difficult for me to say if he was on the take for this particular act, if it did go down that way

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

all i know is that it definitely wasn't the honest prison guard steve jail

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Whatever happend to his guards? like did they get a bunch of cash and peace out?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Had I Hyoid was not the successful followup to If I Did It that Beaufort Books was looking for

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KORNOLOGY posted:

Whatever happend to his guards? like did they get a bunch of cash and peace out?

reuters posted:

U.S. prosecutors decided to end their criminal case against two Manhattan jail guards who admitted to falsifying records on the night the financier Jeffrey Epstein killed himself on their watch.

In a Thursday filing in Manhattan federal court, prosecutors asked a judge to dismiss claims against Tova Noel and Michael Thomas, after both complied with the six-month deferred prosecution agreements they agreed to in May.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

"Okay, I think I’m getting the hang of this. I’m gonna say, Epstein was killed by a corrupt justice system that threatens us all!"

"Oh, I’m sorry, but that was a trick question. The answer is that Epstein is still alive."

"Yeah. Yeah. Absolutely. He’s down in Cuba at the Illuminati Hotel. That’s where he at."

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Dokapon Findom posted:

forcibly removing entire peoples from their homelands is genocide hth

e: quoted the wrong post but w/e

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's like the phrase "humanity is the virus" or some other such misanthropy, where the real culprit is deliberately obfuscated by pointing instead to an overgeneralization

It's why I detest this great work bullshit over in the ecology thread.

it didn't have to be this way.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m perfectly chill. Perfectly chill. The most innocuous comment set you off, not me. People are shockingly stupid, except for me. If that upsets you please shut the fuck up.

Dokapon Findom posted:

Shut the gently caress up smarxist

Counterpoint: go gently caress yourself

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

actual decisions were made by the class in power, first to use fossil fuels at all in the industrial revolution (Malm), and then to build the world economy around oil specifically after WW2. then we had decades of coverups up about the impacts of those fossil fuels. saying "humanity is the virus" erases the politics and the need to challenge the capitalist class responsible for the problems.

moving the dilemma back to the "decision" to develop agriculture also obscures the real decisions taken in recent centuries around fossil fuels, and moves the whole issue into an almost religious realm. the discussion becomes about original sin and the exile from the Garden of Eden rather than Exxon's profits or US imperialism.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Who the gently caress killed Epstein

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

KORNOLOGY posted:

We've ruled out Epstein

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

KORNOLOGY posted:

It was me

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

it was my bony fealty

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022

KORNOLOGY posted:

Remember his giant goofy head on that gurney and the picture of someone who looked exactly like him on his island a few days later? lol good times

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
He had dirt on a lot of powerful people. There's no shortage of suspects who could have killed him to keep those secrets.

Similarly there's a lot of powerful people might have helped him escape to a new life for the same reason.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Ashton Kutcher resigns from anti-child sex abuse organization after backlash over Danny Masterson letter

quote:

Ashton Kutcher has resigned from his role as board chairman of Thorn, a nonprofit he co-founded over a decade ago to combat child sexual exploitation, the actor announced Friday.

The decision to step down was "rooted in the recognition of recent events," the organization said in a statement, referencing the backlash against Kutcher and his wife, Mila Kunis, after they wrote letters in support of convicted rapist Danny Masterson.

"After my wife and I spent several days of listening, personal reflection, learning, and conversations with survivors and the employees and leadership at Thorn, I have determined the responsible thing for me to do is resign as Chairman of the Board, effectively immediately," Kutcher said in a statement.

"I cannot allow my error in judgment to distract from our efforts and the children we serve," he continued.

Kutcher and Kunis came under fire over letters they submitted to a Los Angeles court describing Masterson as a "dedicated and loyal" husband, an "excellent" role model," and an "outstanding older brother figure" ahead of a judge sentencing him to 30 years to life in prison for sexually assaulting two women.

The couple, who starred on "That '70s Show" with Masterson, said they wrote the letters after Masterson’s family asked them to characterize "the person that we knew for 25 years so that the judge could take that into full consideration relative to the sentencing."

Kathy Griffin and Christina Ricci quickly denounced them for supporting Masterson.

"I don’t really care that when they were working on 'That ’70s Show' he was, like, a good guy to work with and he worked actively to keep people off drugs because he’s a Scientologist," Griffin said, recalling how she repeatedly tried to have her brother Ken Griffin, whom she accused of being a pedophile, arrested.

"Blood was not thicker than water in my case," Griffin said in a video posted to her TikTok and Instagram accounts. "If you know that somebody is committing [sexual assault] you should do something, if you can."

Kutcher said Friday that he realizes his character letter was "another painful instance of questioning victims who are brave enough to share their experiences."

"This is precisely what we have all worked to reverse over the last decade," he said in his statement. "The mission must always be the priority and I want to offer my heartfelt apology to all victims of sexual violence and everyone at Thorn who I hurt by what I did."

He also offered an apology to the advocacy community, writing that he would continue to support Thorn's work.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/rcna105356

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Ashton Kutcher killed Jeffery Epstein

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Where was Ashton Kutcher on 9/11?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Concerning

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
drat,,, Jackie !!

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

was the video of him talking about french kissing his 14 year old co-star posted in this thread?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yah

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

wanted to be the next epstein but he just did a bad jobs

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

also he called Chuck Lorre and Danny Masterson when a chick was dead when he "arrived" at her place

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Saucer Hovers posted:

wanted to be the next epstein but he just did a bad jobs

he did play Steve Jobs once

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

yeah thats...thats the joke

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Dokapon Findom posted:

Shut the gently caress up smarxist

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Saucer Hovers posted:

yeah thats...thats the joke

ah

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm listening to a podcast and the speaker is talking about his theory of the "iconosphere" in the mass media age, and how certain sorts of people with certain brain problems (narcissists) get funneled into this pathway where they end up as mass murderers or cult leaders, because of how much ambient attention and focus on the self that exists now

lol "we're all somewhere between Lee Harvey Oswald and L Ron Hubbard"

i'm just going to plug Death Corner because it's so loving good
https://www.patreon.com/deathcorner/posts

Mr. Judge is on record not caring if his content gets passed around:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/595841839295365125/1152547062412488784/196_lyndon_lee_and_lafayette_2.mp3

smarxist has issued a correction as of 11:11 on Sep 16, 2023

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

I mean maybe I shouldn't be so surprised because we know of things like James C Scott being a CIA operative, and the polio vaccination program in Pakistan being claimed to be a CIA op to sniff out bin Laden, but the impression I'm getting from this book is that the entire profession of anthropology is basically in service of, and cannot be severed from, imperialism, because there wouldn't even be a need to study peoples in the way that anthropology does, if they weren't in danger of getting obliterated by colonialism in the first place

drat ... wonder if any other social and behavioral fields are like that.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

smarxist posted:

i'm listening to a podcast and the speaker is talking about his theory of the "iconosphere" in the mass media age, and how certain sorts of people with certain brain problems (narcissists) get funneled into this pathway where they end up as mass murderers or cult leaders, because of how much ambient attention and focus on the self that exists now

lol "we're all somewhere between Lee Harvey Oswald and L Ron Hubbard"

i'm just going to plug Death Corner because it's so loving good
https://www.patreon.com/deathcorner/posts

Mr. Judge is on record not caring if his content gets passed around:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/595841839295365125/1152547062412488784/196_lyndon_lee_and_lafayette_2.mp3

My only bone to pick with Judge is I wish he recorded more often. He has some incredible insight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i was very pleasantly surprised by the waco show and its followup series