Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

veni veni veni posted:

I don't get the logic that it wouldn't be worth making a set from a game series that has ~only~ sold 21.5 million copies when Lego will do themes like "a tiger" or "some plants".

People didn't even like Tron Legacy and I doubt many people remember much about Voltron, but they were familiar enough and looked cool so they were desirable sets. Everyone remembers metroid and Samus and her ship both look very cool. People would buy it.

lmao are you arguing that plants and tigers have less universal appeal than loving metroid? I love the metroid games but you're massively overstating their appeal. Metroid is well loved by its fans but ultimately it's a niche series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Lego should consider making an absurd number of barely different, overpriced Star Citizen sets. Not because I want to buy any, but there are apparently enough people out there that will buy all of them and keep the company funded.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm very surprised a larger scale Jurassic Park Explorer or Jeep hasn't happened yet with all the movie related cars they do.

I'd love a large scale Mad Max V8 Interceptor, but :lol: at that ever happening

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Hell, I'd settle for a Mad Max car in Speed Champions scale.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Regarding zelda Lego; I thought the deku tree was all but confirmed given copyright strikes on videos discussing it?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Skios posted:

Hell, I'd settle for a Mad Max car in Speed Champions scale.

Wouldn't be surprised if Carbs had done one

(A whole Fury Road subline would be killer)

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

This alt build of the F&F charger is a really good starting point for a Mad Max interceptor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctAISlCMQQg

Carbs (or someone, can't find the post} posted their edited version a couple of months ago.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

It was veni veni veni

veni veni veni posted:

I continued to rework stuff on K MP's Mad Max mod for the F&F charger until I was happy with it. They got the shape of it so right, it really doesn't look all that different haha, but I actually did do a ton of work on it, I redid the backend entirely which was pretty bare bones, and reshaped the windows to look a bit closer to the real thing, replaced the windshield, spoiler, redid the tanks, added the tire, made the tiles consistent and reinforced the whole thing. At the end of the day I can't take credit for about 80% of this, but I feel like I have the (almost) perfect speed champions interceptor now. I'd still like to figure out a way to make 1x2 gold vents work for headights, but I need some parts and I'm still not sure it'll look great. Also getting all 8 exhaust pipes in would be nice but the math doesnt really work without them taking up way too much space.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I feel like cars from cyberpunk is untapped MOC territory too. They did a really good job designing junky future vehicles in that game.

Granted none are as iconic as any movie car but they'd still be fun.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Where's the CYBRTRK MOC

(Definitely pronounced "mock" in this case)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

BaconCopter posted:

Luckily BrickClicker just dropped the full list of October Promos!
Fully stealing this from the Brick Tap (LegoLeaks) discord

Magic Maze: $150 threshold
Pirate & Spooky Packs: $50 threshold
Pirate Cove: $100
Mystic Witch: $130 Online Only
Steamboat Willy: $100 and should actually include Star Wars and Marvel purchases
Houses of the World: $250
Moving Van (again, again): Only with the purchase of a Modular building

Went to the store Saturday as my girlfriend wanted some sets and got the spooky pack and the maze, first time we’ve claimed any GWP. I think I’ve talked myself into the Boutique Hotel and I’ve wanted the HOTW sets but haven’t gotten any… looks like waiting until that Friday to get it, the steamboat Willy, and the moving van if I add something about $30 to the mix is the best bang for buck options? Or am I playing with fire and they might run out of stuff by then just to get the moving van (which I don’t care super much about, but free is free).

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Hey Veni Veni Veni,

Did you do that Mad Max car in Stud.io? I'd love to build it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just bought Doms charger and used a link carbs sent me to do the alt build. Can’t remember if it was a video or PDF. 80% of it is just straight up that guy’s build that was posted above though. Any changes I did were just parts I had sitting around, but I never built it in stud.io . You can see most of the changes I made in the pics though. I only did a few things internally to make it a bit sturdier.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Cool. Thanks for the help. :)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’d try to find a link in my post history but I’m stuck at work. I can check later though

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Not nearly as accessible as an official set B model, but I gotta shoutout Rollingbricks's V8 Interceptor as well.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-156225/RollingBricks/mad-max-v8-interceptor-3-in-1-bundle/#details

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
This is my favourite MM1 interceptor

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-156225/RollingBricks/mad-max-v8-interceptor-3-in-1-bundle/#comments

Though I'm not such a big fan of the rust effect for the MM2 & 3 variants, they'd be easy to replace with black pieces.

e: lol, beaten by seconds.

ee: your interceptor is rad as well, Veni. I like that you included the spare wheel

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh drat, that’s sexy . That’s what I wanted to do with the headlights but I was too lazy to rebuild the whole front end.

I should revisit it

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

EL BROMANCE posted:

Or am I playing with fire and they might run out of stuff by then just to get the moving van (which I don’t care super much about, but free is free).

I keep meaning to look up the moving van on eBay, it looks really nice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Butterfly Valley posted:

Regarding zelda Lego; I thought the deku tree was all but confirmed given copyright strikes on videos discussing it?

There was a leak of a bunch of prototype sets(like Zelda, Barad Dur, X-men mansion)but I don’t think it’s guaranteed they’ll be released

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Rivendell was released. It's $500.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I know. I was mistaken anyway, it wasn’t in the leak.

Here’s a bunch of them, including the Deku tree (There was another Deku tree that was closer to the Ocarina of Time design too, possibly a 2-in-1 set?)

I know Maleficent and the Gotham skyline diorama are confirmed to be in the works but I don’t know about the rest

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 9, 2023

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Anyone know how long they keep the two year old Christmas village set around? I believe Santa’s Visit was the 2021 set, and I am considering getting that one to store away for a year or two for when my kids are a little older to build together around Christmas. I am debating on waiting until a better GWP comes along in a week or 3, as the maze looks to be kinda bad. But if it will likely go out of stock for good soon, then I will just buy it now.

I was probably also going to get the Holiday Main Street which is on back order to get me over the limit, and I don need it before Christmas. I am not sure I want the lodge, as while it is cute, it is not quite as “Christmasy”, so it might be a bit harder to sell my wife on. Plus I might have a year or two to decide on that set.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/santa-s-visit-10293
For reference.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

RatHat posted:

Here’s a bunch of them, including the Deku tree (There was another Deku tree that was closer to the Ocarina of Time design too, possibly a 2-in-1 set?)

I know Maleficent and the Gotham skyline diorama are confirmed to be in the works but I don’t know about the rest

That sure looks like one of those could be the new medieval village market.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lizard Combatant posted:

This is my favourite MM1 interceptor

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-156225/RollingBricks/mad-max-v8-interceptor-3-in-1-bundle/#comments

Though I'm not such a big fan of the rust effect for the MM2 & 3 variants, they'd be easy to replace with black pieces.

e: lol, beaten by seconds.

ee: your interceptor is rad as well, Veni. I like that you included the spare wheel

Very dope.

This dude did the Fury Road version, and it looks sweet as gently caress
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-35846/NikolayFX/black-interceptor/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132639540@N05/albums/72157713075385912/with/49535286273/

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

RatHat posted:

I can't remember exactly what hasn't been confirmed from that batch, but I've heard recent "reconfirmations" on everything besides the X Mansion, Deku Tree, Simba, and big harry potter house thing whatever the gently caress it's called who cares.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

All the Mad Max builds make me want Fallout stuff in a serious way.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Carbs did some neat fallout builds

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Orvin posted:

Anyone know how long they keep the two year old Christmas village set around?

2 years, it’s retiring this year.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Displaying the big Star Destroyer at a straight angle is a trap. It seems like the only logical way to display it, I had it like that since I bought it a couple years ago. But if you push one side straight along the wall, it looks so much better and also takes up less space. I can see every angle now and it looks way more dynamic.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The_Doctor posted:

2 years, it’s retiring this year.
I've also been eyeing that set and considering I'm not buying many sets still does this mean it will retire "now" before / when the 2022 set comes out so grab it when you see it on shelves. Or that they use this Christmas season as it's going away sale so to speak?

Destroyenator
Dec 27, 2004

Don't ask me lady, I live in beer

Zedd posted:

I've also been eyeing that set and considering I'm not buying many sets still does this mean it will retire "now" before / when the 2022 set comes out so grab it when you see it on shelves. Or that they use this Christmas season as it's going away sale so to speak?

Brickset has them all the previous ones retiring on the 31st of December so they all get three Christmases in their two and a bit year run. It should still be around until the end of the year. https://brickset.com/sets/subtheme-Winter-Village-Collection

That doesn't guarantee they don't run out of stock as they're winding down though.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I’m running out of cars to build so I bought the Land Rover Classic Defender 90. I’m actually really enjoying the build. All of the little extras like the tools and gas cans are interesting. I’d rather just have the vehicle though if it meant cutting down the price. 240 bucks is really pricy for a creator vehicle, at least it feels like it to me.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

veni veni veni posted:

Carbs did some neat fallout builds
Thanks! I did a couple.

Not Fallout but a totally different post-apocalyptic-style sci-fi shooter game, here's a stab at a minifig-scale Claptrap from Borderlands!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Oh that laser musket is brilliant.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Witch not showing up. Double VIP and $99.99 for the spooky pirate island are, though.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Yeah I that one kind of left me cold anyway so I’m cool :haw: with that. Camaro is 30% off, neat. Wasn’t ever gonna buy that at full price but for that? Sure

E: Lmao they just added the witch in, let’s see if that’s retroactive

Zwille fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Oct 10, 2023

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Alright Mustang is finally ordered. Three GWP (Halloween fun, 3 in 1 witch and spooky pirate cove) glad I held on to wait for this week to purchase.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Think I might be tempted on a rare Lego treat, so if I buy the viking village I get the pirate thing free and double points right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
you should see just what you get when you put it in the cart, for me the halloween stuff already seems to be sold out (might be regional so very much YMMV) (also they now tell you the estimated worth of your new VIP points from that purchase, which is neat and new IIRC)