Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

mikeycp posted:

to be fair it's not a matter of can; it's a matter of doesn't

Yeah, he did a whole arc just to show he can. Then changed Robin to look more generic and doubled down on Nami cloning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Gyges posted:

Yeah, he did a whole arc just to show he can. Then changed Robin to look more generic and doubled down Nami cloning.

he draws what he wants because he knows we'll keep reading it

[insert trump diet coke tweet]

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

i know it's not actually the same but theory brain has me going buccaneer -> buccan -> buckin -> buckingham -> stussy -> weevil

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

rannum posted:

i know it's not actually the same but theory brain has me going buccaneer -> buccan -> buckin -> buckingham -> stussy -> weevil

Huh?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

mikeycp posted:

he draws what he wants because he knows we'll keep reading it

[insert trump diet coke tweet]

I'm willing to concede that Hancock is totally the fairest in all the land if Robin can at least get her nose back.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Catarina Devon is some amateur theorycrafting poo poo. Real heads know island-mode Pizarro baseball pitched Shiryu across the ocean to Egghead and he’s been invisible the entire time waiting for the opportune time to strike.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
I'm kind of lukewarm on the "Jinny is Luffy's mom" think if only because if that was true Ivankov should have immediately realized "oh poo poo this kid's my nephew" when Luffy told him he was Dragon's son.

I guess it could be something silly where Dragon and Jinny had a secret relationship or Kuma is really Luffy's dad or whatever, but it would be kind of ridiculous given what we known about these characters relationships.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I'm kind of lukewarm on the "Jinny is Luffy's mom" think if only because if that was true Ivankov should have immediately realized "oh poo poo this kid's my nephew" when Luffy told him he was Dragon's son.

I guess it could be something silly where Dragon and Jinny had a secret relationship or Kuma is really Luffy's dad or whatever, but it would be kind of ridiculous given what we known about these characters relationships.

Yeah, people keep forgetting that Ivankov didn't know about Luffy being Dragon's son, so Luffy's mother probably isn't someone Ivankov knows.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The real tragedy is that Ginny is about to die of I'm-A-Mom-In-A-One-Piece-Flashback Disease.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

One Piece is so loving good. Every week. Even during.... goddammmit..... break weeks.... :negative:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

consider bonnie and luffy being siblings

This is a legit theory

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Sega Dreamcast posted:

This is a legit theory

Look a handful of posts up. There's a pretty big hole in that theory.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Good chapter, but boy howdy do I not like that cubari site; did TCB stop doing one piece?

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't think we'll get the full GV experience from this. Just what Kuma sees, so probably not much Roger/Garp vs Rocks or Rocks in general.

I think we are going to get the full flashback just because I don’t see anywhere in the remaining story beats where it would fit. After this we have Elbaf and then probably the rush to laught tale, neither which feels natural to drop it into. We have all the involved people right now on stage and in the spotlight.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I see plenty of time for a Garp flashback when we get back to him after he's destroyed all the BB pirates.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Good chapter, but boy howdy do I not like that cubari site; did TCB stop doing one piece?

They just take longer.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Just thinking howuch has happened in 1 calendar year. Meeting Vegapunk, finding out Saul D. Jaguar lives, a gosei fight, this stuff, wow.

E: went back on my posts and lol last August Caribou overheard Luffy's dream, one of only a dozen or so people to have

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Stussy is a clone of Weevil's mom, and former member of Mads, Miss Buckingham or as she goes by now "Miss Buckin"

The similarity in sounds between Buccaneer & Buckin, and the Stussy/Miss Buckin reveal happening earlier this chapter, just get me to draw a connection that is definitely not intentional but sticks with me anyway

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

This tracks really well, but who knows, could just be Oda drawing HUGE DUDES.

https://twitter.com/justmeight/status/1711923713703280776

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Working on my ‘meat theory’ currently.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Nuebot posted:

I hate cubari a whole lot as well but it’s a lot better than the actual scanlators site due to ads and sometimes the page doesn’t load at all on release day. Also I just learned cubari is just a viewer for the images on the opscans website.

Anyway it’s what was linked in the Reddit discord since the opscans page wasn’t loading.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

MorningMoon posted:

Kuma will show up to protect Bonny, but won't be himself quite yet, then Luffy will get his third wind and seeing Sun God Nika will make him... free :unsmith:

and then he'll one tap Jupiter

Dunno if Saturn's powers have a weakness to water like Devil Fruits but if he can't be physically hurt yeeting him into the sea might do the job.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
Wanted to piggy back on the Crocodile was a slave theory with some thoughts. Wonder if their slave mark was on their hand and if they decided to take a very metal route to dispose of that fact. Might explain their desire to have a ancient weapon to deter the world government and it might explain where they got their info about Pluton in the first place. They could of heard a Celestial Dragon talking about it in-front of them since who cares if a slave knows.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Vise the Stompy posted:

Wanted to piggy back on the Crocodile was a slave theory with some thoughts. Wonder if their slave mark was on their hand and if they decided to take a very metal route to dispose of that fact. Might explain their desire to have a ancient weapon to deter the world government and it might explain where they got their info about Pluton in the first place. They could of heard a Celestial Dragon talking about it in-front of them since who cares if a slave knows.

Maybe Croc had Yamato-style shackles, but no Pirate King to help him out of them, and he let his hand explode to escape.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Maybe Croc had Yamato-style shackles, but no Pirate King to help him out of them, and he let his hand explode to escape.

Good thought.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
As someone who recently caught up and hasn't been speculating for two decades, I was curious what do you all think the One Piece really is? I've seen the theory that it lines up with Luffy's dream as some sort of party supplies, like booze, for a huge party with everyone in the world, but that didn't sit right with me given it feels too "the friends we made along the way" (though I do agree Luffy's dream is probably something like that).

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Hiro Protagonist posted:

As someone who recently caught up and hasn't been speculating for two decades, I was curious what do you all think the One Piece really is? I've seen the theory that it lines up with Luffy's dream as some sort of party supplies, like booze, for a huge party with everyone in the world, but that didn't sit right with me given it feels too "the friends we made along the way" (though I do agree Luffy's dream is probably something like that).

i think its some kind of bizarre and unique large structure that is inherently informative, something i never could have imagined but is obvious in retrospect. like a hologram movie theater that shows the true history, or some kind of island-sized interactive museum exhibit

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i think, in addition to whatever Big Plot Thing the One Piece contains, it will also have a huge amount of treasure. like DK banana hoard piles of gold and jewels

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

At this point I'm more curious what on earth makes the story of Joy Boy funny given it ends in him (assumingly) being killed or removed from the world for 800 years of rule by just the worst people. Maybe it'll be some dramatic irony, but landing a funny bit feels like a significantly harder task than a tragic one.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

As someone who recently caught up and hasn't been speculating for two decades, I was curious what do you all think the One Piece really is?

A big neon sign that says "We Are Sorry For The Inconvenience"

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Getting young Franky vibes from Ivankov. As long as we're taking wild swings, I'm saying Iva is Franky's dad. Or mom. Parent.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

CatstropheWaitress posted:

At this point I'm more curious what on earth makes the story of Joy Boy funny given it ends in him (assumingly) being killed or removed from the world for 800 years of rule by just the worst people. Maybe it'll be some dramatic irony, but landing a funny bit feels like a significantly harder task than a tragic one.

Roger is a dude who laughed while being executed, so it could really be anything.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Countblanc posted:

i think, in addition to whatever Big Plot Thing the One Piece contains, it will also have a huge amount of treasure. like DK banana hoard piles of gold and jewels

Gonna love it when everybody except for Robin and maybe Jinbei immediately runs past the big book labeled "all the mysteries of One Piece explained" and dive into the treasure hoard Scrooge McDuck style.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CatstropheWaitress posted:

My guess is it's "funny" in the sense of "outlandish" and Roger was laughing at how wild the history of the Void Century is

Anyway my guess is How Devil Fruits are made- I think the people of the Great Civilization figured out how to turn your dreams and hopes into something that could be literally handed down to eternity, but at the cost of one's life. Each Devil Fruit was made from an actual individual in the Great Civilization as they realized they weren't going to win the war. This is also what happened to Joyboy and why he vanished.

Also the process is going to turn a straw hat into a fruit at one point.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Roger learned the truth of the Void Century and became the Joker

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Roger learned the truth of the Void Century and became the Joker

I left it all in a society

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Hiro Protagonist posted:

It's a massive treasure collected over centuries. When you find a piece of the true history, its with some gold. Everyone who follows the path to laugh tale leaves some gold to entice joyboy to chase the treasure and eventually learn the true history.

With the true history is a flag of the ancient kingdom, which will be flown in a final war against the wg because if nika learns what really happened, they will fix the atrocities of the world

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its a bigger hat

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's an embarrassing picture of Imu at the Christmas party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm going with The One Piece being a method to "fix" the world and bring all 5 Seas together. My guess is that Uranus is at Laught Tale, and both Pluton and Poseidon are also needed to carry out the plan. The True History will explain why doing it is good and cool, but Luffy won't give a poo poo about any of that because the side effects create All Blue and somehow also a giant pile of meat.

Also the whole war between the Ancient Kingdom and WG is going to turn out to be a scheme by Im to change the world so they can rule it.

Edit: Luffy could also be on board because doing the magical geoenginering means that he gets to go an an all new adventure to explore this new world.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 12, 2023