Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

poo poo just realized if Orochi got his way Wano might have been a potential site for the Genocide Games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I gotta know what Rocks planned to do that was so bad that Roger teamed up with Garp to save these human hunting pieces of poo poo dude

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Broke: Crocodile is Luffy's Genderswapped Mom

Woke: Ivankov's friend this chapter is Dragon

Come on. Ginny > Gin

That's right, Gin is back and the mother of Luffy and Bonney, baby.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Bonney being referred to as a child as happened so many times and so pointedly now that I no longer believe the intention is to foreshadow it - I'm starting to think that she might actually be much older than we've been lead to believe.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Bonnie’s first appearance this arc was coming out of the ocean as a child, if seawater negates her fruit then that’s her true form and I hope I’m wrong because that’s extremely loving gross

GonSmithe posted:

They aren't really blurry, they're smeared. The linework gets very broken and smeared.

Oh I see what you mean, it looks like smudges. I guess my brain just tunes it out and I don’t look too closely until the official release since all the fanscans are actually lovely in comparison.

anime was right posted:

yeah the early sans are literally touched-up versions of photographs of the pages. pretty much every version is vastly better

If I understand correctly TCB uses the same source as opscans but takes longer so it looks better, only the official is able to use high quality scans of the original.

Actually I guess I’m not sure anymore, are these still leaked chapters that we get before the physical comic is available to the public?

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 12, 2023

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I started Fish-man Island.

It feels like this story really needed Arlong to come back.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
We all know Fargaland is Shanks' dad, but there's also another detail from the movie: it implies that Shanks was found as a baby in a chest The way God Valley Incident goes, I think this flashback will, on top of everything, involve Roger obtaining 1 year old Shanks.

If we are going with Bonney is like twelve or something, oof, but also that'd be a decent time table of like Dragon and Gin getting together, separating after Luffy's born and left to Garp, and then years pass and Gin and Kuma get together

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

We all know Fargaland is Shanks' dad, but there's also another detail from the movie: it implies that Shanks was found as a baby in a chest The way God Valley Incident goes, I think this flashback will, on top of everything, involve Roger obtaining 1 year old Shanks.

If we are going with Bonney is like twelve or something, oof, but also that'd be a decent time table of like Dragon and Gin getting together, separating after Luffy's born and left to Garp, and then years pass and Gin and Kuma get together

In the panel with the CD announcing the most dangerous game, there’s a bunch of small child-sized chests on podiums behind him. My first thought was Shanks is in one.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Bonnie’s first appearance this arc was coming out of the ocean as a child, if seawater negates her fruit then that’s her true form and I hope I’m wrong because that’s extremely loving gross

Oh I see what you mean, it looks like smudges. I guess my brain just tunes it out and I don’t look too closely until the official release since all the fanscans are actually lovely in comparison.

If I understand correctly TCB uses the same source as opscans but takes longer so it looks better, only the official is able to use high quality scans of the original.

Actually I guess I’m not sure anymore, are these still leaked chapters that we get before the physical comic is available to the public?

These are before the physical release, Jump comes out on Mondays so if it were just scans of the magazine we'd have them way earlier. Even the official online version is a day early!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I gotta know what Rocks planned to do that was so bad that Roger teamed up with Garp to save these human hunting pieces of poo poo dude

I imagine saving the slaves was more on their mind, but also Saturn is here

Which, I mean, looking at how things are going here, I imagine even if he doesn't come out of the boat probably pushes the math more.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

People are literally going "Jinny is Luffy's mom" just because she is shown happy and eating meat. When Bonney is also an avid eater. She's Bonney's mom, not Luffy's.
Two people can have the same mother. She's definitely Bonney's mother, but is she also Luffy's mother? Honestly, the most compelling reason is that it would be a nice character dynamic if Luffy had a sister. There are a number of holes in the theory otherwise. I wouldn't assume she's Luffy's mother, but it's fun speculation to entertain at this point.

Evil Eagle posted:

We've heard that he saved the Celestial Dragons and the slaves. I assume he regretted that the nobles had to survive in order to save the slaves.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Begemot posted:

These are before the physical release, Jump comes out on Mondays so if it were just scans of the magazine we'd have them way earlier. Even the official online version is a day early!

I mean, the official version comes out Sunday our time, but by then it's Monday in Japan.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Begemot posted:

Yeah, it's kinda hard to put out how loving blessed we are now vs back when when scanlations were a must. We get it for free like ten hours before anyone in japan can actually go to the store and buy the magazine. IIRC it goes something like copies get safely stolen somewhere in shipping, hastily photographed for another country, then digitized to a low quality for the scans.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

In the panel with the CD announcing the most dangerous game, there’s a bunch of small child-sized chests on podiums behind him. My first thought was Shanks is in one.

oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Begemot posted:

retailers and the supply chain get the comics days ahead of time. most scans have historically been early copies that have been bought illegally or stolen. the reason we used to get chapters on fridays were because thats the earliest people could get the physical release from an actual store, and the leaks were people who were involved in the actual supply chain of the comic.

iirc the scans we get now are when china gets the digital version. for the digital versions to go online at the same time as the physical version or earlier, they need to be digitally provided somewhere with time to translate them.

most of the better quality versions are actual scans/digital copies. the very early leaks are quite literally just a random photograph before they can get an official version.

like, directly compare tcb 1094 to viz 1094. the very minute details, including little blobs and aberrations in shading and linework, are exactly the same.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 12, 2023

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

im betting those are devil fruits to make the game interesting. remember, the CDs feed DFs to slaves to gently caress with them

we've seen small chests before to hold devil fruits in them

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

anime was right posted:

im betting those are devil fruits to make the game interesting. remember, the CDs feed DFs to slaves to gently caress with them

Oh good point, and they look a lot like the chest that had Luffy’s fruit in chapter 1.

Edit: beaten and with an image!

Edit2 just lmao if they fed Kuma his fruit to make the game more interesting, world class fuckup

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 12, 2023

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

anime was right posted:

Spend three years gathering devil fruits then give them all to “worthless” people to find out what powers they hold - you can just kill em off and re-grow the fruit for whatever purpose afterward. It’s good stealth tactic for tracking down the Gomu Gomu/Hito Hito. I’d bet Kaido’s fruit is in one of those chests, too. Must suck to accidentally give one of your best fruits to an invincible beast lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

Spend three years gathering devil fruits then give them all to “worthless” people to find out what powers they hold - you can just kill em off and re-grow the fruit for whatever purpose afterward. It’s good stealth tactic for tracking down the Gomu Gomu/Hito Hito. I’d bet Kaido’s fruit is in one of those chests, too. Must suck to accidentally give one of your best fruits to an invincible beast lol

big mom gave kaidou his fruit

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

Yeah and I think there’s a good chance they’re both about to crash this tournament alongside Rocks. I mean “accidentally” insofar as the Celestials didn’t mean for pirates to show up and grab their booty

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

There's likely a reason tying together:
- rising sea levels
- world nobles giving the fruits to slaves for fun
- Shanks crew being conspicuously without any df users

And for the life of me I can't see what it is.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Bleck posted:

Bonney being referred to as a child as happened so many times and so pointedly now that I no longer believe the intention is to foreshadow it - I'm starting to think that she might actually be much older than we've been lead to believe.

But again, Kuma is 47, so Bonney can’t be that old. Unless “Queen Dowager Connie” is Bonney’s true identity, and she regressed to childhood due to losing control of her Devil Fruit powers somehow, rather than being Kuma’s actual daughter. Seems needlessly convoluted, though.

Edit: I guess Oda could theoretically do a dumb sexist punchline along the lines of “She looks 24, but she’s actually an old hag of 29!” But say what you will about One Piece’s portrayal of women, it’s actually free from that particular prejudice; Hancock is 31.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 12, 2023

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Buggy is the One Piece. Or at least the key to it. Roger's crew laughed because the one time they had to leave the kid behind, they really needed him. And what makes people laugh more than a clown? He can literally divide himself into pieces or be all "one piece." He states very early on that the only real treasure is gold and jewels, which is why Roger announced that it was a massive treasure hoard. He was speaking directly to Buggy to get him to go back to Laugh Tale. Shanks didn't want to go for it right away because he knew Buggy is the key, that's what Roger told him when the crew got back. In addition, Buggy is the last surviving member of the clown people race. His nose is real. He is the chosen one.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

scary ghost dog posted:

Yes, but she also explicitly gave it to him either during or very shortly after the God Valley incident.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Bleck posted:

Yes, but she also explicitly gave it to him either during or very shortly after the God Valley incident.

I’ve never attached a photo to a post before and I don’t know how to spoiler it but it’s from ch 999 so it’s not really a spoiler.

But she specifically says she gave it to him on the day Rocks fell into ruin at God Valley

Edit looks like I can’t even remove the image from the post, oh well it’s from almost 100 chapters ago

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 12, 2023

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Now that we're getting a God Valley infodump, I get the feeling that Blackbeard himself is showing up at Egghead and, for once, he's going to absolutely steamroll the whole event, on-panel. He's going to stomp Saturn, put the fear of Xebec into the Gorosei, and maybe even eat whatever island-ending laser Imu has in store. Suddenly he has access to the sum-total of Vegapunk's research, a straight line to the One Piece, and probably he starts dating York, because she is a woman of fellow appetites, dealing, also, with strange body poo poo. Why not?

But seriously, Xebec, God Valley, and Teach are all linked. We're getting something with Blackbeard here, and we're getting something important.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Eiba posted:

We've heard that he saved the Celestial Dragons and the slaves. I assume he regretted that the nobles had to survive in order to save the slaves.

With how much the WG freaks out if even one Celestial Dragon gets hurt he may have been protecting the world from whatever response a full-on massacre would bring.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I’ve never attached a photo to a post before and I don’t know how to spoiler it but it’s from ch 999 so it’s not really a spoiler.

But she specifically says she gave it to him on the day Rocks fell into ruin at God Valley

Edit looks like I can’t even remove the image from the post, oh well it’s from almost 100 chapters ago

hmm interesting..

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

huh, Garling is the only Celestial Dragon without a bubble helmet. I wonder what's up with that

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

And it would make it funnier that over half the Warlords had a personal vendetta/wish to betray the WG.

it would be really fitting imo to have all of them be former slaves who gained freedom only to become lapdogs

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

How the gently caress you gonna expect him to keep that sweet hair in a bubble?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

anime was right posted:

Yeah, Boa and her sisters were fed them as slaves too. So much coming together!

I'm curious that if Garland is Shanks dad, Whitebeard was probably talking about him when he said seeing Shanks made his scars ache. So it's not just Roger teaming up with the world gov, it's them teaming up with Mr.Regecide.

Not quite as hyped as the Wano Roger flashback that came out seemingly nowhere and dropped him getting the Laugh Tale, but if the Kuma flashback sticks around it's gonna get up there.

Another well called shot:

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 12, 2023

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
is there a chance blackbeard is a buccaneer? he and kuma have similar features

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

tbp posted:

Very plausible theory...

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

tbp posted:

I was wondering this. And what if Kuma has eaten a second fruit and that's how blackbeard knew he could eat more than one safely?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If a devil fruit represents the inherited will of someone who opposed the World Government, I wonder if giving them to slaves is a measure intended to make sure they stay safely under control. You could argue they could just not feed them to anyone but maybe there's a limit to how long a devil fruit can exist in fruit form before it rots and respawns somewhere else

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

tbp posted:

Maybe but I think he's more interesting as a regular human who's a contrast to Luffy both physically and emotionally. Namely Luffy is physically small and impulsive where Blackbeard is much larger (lol compared to size creep of others though) and opportunistic but a schemer.

I don't think it would weaken the overall story to the point it drives anyone off but I am super done with MaGiCaL SpEcIaL GiRl BlOoDLiNeS as a post hoc explanation for why characters pull things off.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Apropos of this flashback chapter, I moved to Eastern Oregon a little before the NFL 2002 season from St. Pete, FL, and I knew nothing of any sport at all at the time, but dammit if me hyping up the Buccaneers didn't help the new kid adapt to the state of Jefferson and its weird tree culture.

I still don't know if a touchdown is six or five or seven or two points.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

great ch!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

ragnarokette posted:

Maybe but I think he's more interesting as a regular human who's a contrast to Luffy both physically and emotionally. Namely Luffy is physically small and impulsive where Blackbeard is much larger (lol compared to size creep of others though) and opportunistic but a schemer.

I don't think it would weaken the overall story to the point it drives anyone off but I am super done with MaGiCaL SpEcIaL GiRl BlOoDLiNeS as a post hoc explanation for why characters pull things off.

We know blackbeard doesnt have a normal body. That and the never sleeping is almost all we know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Doctor Syrup posted:

Buggy is the One Piece. Or at least the key to it. Roger's crew laughed because the one time they had to leave the kid behind, they really needed him. And what makes people laugh more than a clown? He can literally divide himself into pieces or be all "one piece." He states very early on that the only real treasure is gold and jewels, which is why Roger announced that it was a massive treasure hoard. He was speaking directly to Buggy to get him to go back to Laugh Tale. Shanks didn't want to go for it right away because he knew Buggy is the key, that's what Roger told him when the crew got back. In addition, Buggy is the last surviving member of the clown people race. His nose is real. He is the chosen one.

💯