Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hope you guys had a nice Friday the 13th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

GateOfD posted:

yea, heard good things about Brother Printers

I've got a brother printer, it's the most idiot-proof thing I've ever owned.

also: mononoke still owns

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I was interviewed by the news today on a story about statue vandalism.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Meowywitch posted:

Hope you guys had a nice Friday the 13th

i dropped my stakeout pole for my kayak in the lake

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Arc Hammer posted:

sucks that there's unruly groups of figmas in your area, OP

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

GateOfD posted:

The tsukihime anime (which doesn’t exist) is just bad from all angles

hell no the OP was some awesome "pure moods" poo poo, it owned

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Southern Cassowary posted:

i dropped my stakeout pole for my kayak in the lake

Whats a stake out pole?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

keeps the kayak stationary for fishing

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Meowywitch posted:

Whats a stake out pole?

fiberglass pole. you stake it into the ground through a hole in your boat or attached to a rope to prevent current from carrying you away.

i've got it stored in clips i've attached to the side of my kayak but the rubber that prevents it from sliding around chose friday the 13th to fail so it slid out of its holder into about 12 feet deep of water

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Only 12 feet deep? Dive in and recover it IMO.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
all printers must die but brother is the least bad

canon and hp can take their ink subscription service and blow it out they rear end

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Furnaceface posted:

Only 12 feet deep? Dive in and recover it IMO.

this is where the gator lives

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
How many stake out poles does it keep to keep a kayak steady?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

this is where the gator lives

if it was middle of the day, they were probably sun bathing

Buschmaki posted:

usually just one

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Buschmaki posted:

one does the job, two works better if you want to face a specific direction

you can also do a trolley system on the side for an anchor so you can adjust the attachment point to change your facing but the pole is more convenient when i'm always shallow

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

if it was middle of the day, they were probably sun bathing

it is around sunset and the motherfucker has chased my fishing lures multiple times

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

one does the job, two works better if you want to face a specific direction

you can also do a trolley system on the side for an anchor so you can adjust the attachment point to change your facing but the pole is more convenient when i'm always shallow

it is around sunset and the motherfucker has chased my fishing lures multiple times

ah that's fair. yeah don't gently caress with gators near the end of the day, they're the most active. all that lounging around makes gatorbaby hungies

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

catch and befriend

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

water is terrifying, as well

always freaked out having my head submerged

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
three, one to hold the kayak, two to hold the freaking riverbed 😂😂😂

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-woman-fights-pet-alligator-wears-clothes-rides/story?id=37717980

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

truly the most lakeland poo poo imaginable

Buschmaki posted:

three, one to hold the kayak, two to hold the freaking riverbed 😂😂😂

if you think that's funny wait till you i tell you about the people with motorized stakeout poles

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i got a friend to read chainsaw man after she liked the anime and she just got to chapter 81

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

it is the sunshine state and it does some weird stuff to people's brains. this is like a couple months / years away from a follow up story of it eating her

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

i got a friend to read chainsaw man after she liked the anime and she just got to chapter 81

Nice. My friend read all of part one in a single night after watching the first episode of the anime

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
not like this is an incredible example of what's possible, but the customization in code vein is pretty nuts

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

A fuzzy looking redhead

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Furnaceface posted:

I caught the end of Jason X on TV.

Is there an anime equivalent to something like that? Just dumb, at times goofy, over the top horror/violence.
not entirely applicable, Franken Fran, sorta? Manga only though, and it's more equal parts horrific and goofy

GateOfD posted:

i need to get my mom a better printer that isn't a scam.

she got some cheap HP printer for $30 on black friday a few years ago. The catch is that HP is probably the most un-consumer friendly ever with scam printer cartridges that 'die' or dry out in a few months after only printing like 20 pages. She must have threw like $200 on that thing and only able to print a handful.
I don't think she does much color printer, so I think those inkjet ones are the best I heard, just need to print black/white and can scan/copy
Brother HL-L2340DW Compact Laser Printer, Monochrome, Wireless Connectivity, Two-Sided Printing, Mobile Device Printing, Amazon Dash Replenishment Ready https://a.co/d/1qiqSna

I bought this in 2018, use it all the time, and have only had to replace the toner once. And you can find knockoff cartridges for 12 bucks or so rather than expensive brand names. Prints super fast, never had a problem in all the time I've had it and thousands of printings.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 14, 2023

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Meowywitch posted:

A fuzzy looking redhead

hey i said my work wasn't great. the editor just has an incredible amount of granularity (except for face variation for whatever reason).

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

not entirely applicable, Franken Fran, sorta? Manga only though, and it's more equal parts horrific and goofy

Brother HL-L2340DW Compact Laser Printer, Monochrome, Wireless Connectivity, Two-Sided Printing, Mobile Device Printing, Amazon Dash Replenishment Ready https://a.co/d/1qiqSna

I bought this in 2018, use it all the time, and have only had to replace the toner once. And you can find knockoff cartridges for 12 bucks or so rather than expensive brand names. Prints super fast, never had a problem in all the time I've had it and thousands of printings.

Literally have this exact same printer. It's a great printer for when I need to print things 4-5 times per year. The toney doesn't dry out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also I think it can be had much cheaper during black friday, I feel like I got it for like $120 or $80 during a sale.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gridman Universe is on the catsite by way of a United Airlines rip

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wut

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Like from you can watch it on an airplane. Someone ripped it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Arc Hammer posted:

I feel deja vu about this thread with this topic

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Waffleman_ posted:

Like from you can watch it on an airplane. Someone ripped it.

That's pretty crazy. Someone had access to the inflight entertainment network and had hacking tools with them and knew the gridman movie wasn't up anywhere. Wild.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

entirely possible someone who works for the airline company just downloaded the file onto a usb stick or something

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I just finished Misericorde Volume One a little while ago and while I knew it had some obvious Umineko influence going in, the secret scene you can unlock after clearing the main story is so Umineko it hurts.

Also it's rather difficult trying to suss out the facts in the murder mystery when the narrator admits to having religious visions and she deliberately doesn't introduce scenes that she doesn't think are relevant to either the mystery or the narrative she's recounting, as is obvious when you actually figure out and unlock the aforementioned secret scene. It's very kind of her to draw attention to a scene she insists is important, though, especially when one character in it was deliberately obfuscating some of her true features.

I got so caught up reading about the lives of these lousy nuns (they're entertaining people but very bad at their religious vocation) and the horror story the narrator was telling that I genuinely forgot for a moment that she was also expecting the reader to try to solve the murder mystery along with her.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I finished reading 20th Century Boys, it was pretty drat good though I think the ending wasn't as good as Monster's.

I'll read Billy Bat after I'm back from holiday.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Do you only print black and white? Get a laser.

Do you print colour? Get an eco tank.

I have an Ecotank and we’ve had it well over a year and only replaced the black ink once because we needed to do a power cleaning and the tank needed to be over half full.

They cost a lot of money upfront but it’s because they expect to save you money longterm. I HATED selling the cheap 30$ printer to people because I would go “you are going to spend hundreds of dollars on ink. Don’t do this to yourself.”
“But it’s such a good deal!”
“Yes because they’ll sell a printer at a loss because they make the money on ink. You will literally pay more than the printer in under a year”
“Price is banging. Ring me up”

* 1 year later*

“THIS PRINTER YOU SOLD ME IS A PIECE OF poo poo! THE INK IS SO MUCH MONEY AND IT DRIES OUT IF YOU DON’T USE IT”

*sigh*