Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The way things are going, Erik Karlsson may be available at the deadline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Canucks paid a third rounder to dump Pearson so I can only assume he'll return a 1st round pick and blue chip prospect at the deadline.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

fawning deference posted:

Who are some solid players on bad teams and expiring contracts who will probably be available at the trade deadline? Holtz is coming along and all but I want NJ to add a kickass player to their third line so they can really go.

Could be a Jake Guentzel angle if the season continues going downhill for Pittsburgh.. he also fits in with the little twink mold that New Jersey seems to prefer for their forwards

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Starsfan posted:

Could be a Jake Guentzel angle if the season continues going downhill for Pittsburgh.. he also fits in with the little twink mold that New Jersey seems to prefer for their forwards

Post/avatar combo

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah I know. I saw it. Not that I needed to, "Brady Tkachuk" is all the necessary information really.

I'm not signing off on the logic I cited myself. But it is what the league office is thinking. The people running the NHL like the Tkachuks. Tom Wilson is their hero. But even they aren't dim enough to admit it publicly.

Tom Wilson is the future head of the DoPS.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Eric the Mauve posted:

Semimonthly reminder that Noah Hanifin is a very overrated player who constantly screws plays up because his instincts are awful. Whoever trades for him and gleefully plays him 18 a night is going to get worse and wind up mystified trying to figure out what happened. (lol it will 1000% be the Oilers or Maple Leafs) He looks a LOT better than he is.

Yeah he's just completely average at everything, it's almost remarkable how unremarkable his game is... but 600+ games and only 26 years old, veteran leadership baby!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Who are some solid players on bad teams and expiring contracts who will probably be available at the trade deadline? Holtz is coming along and all but I want NJ to add a kickass player to their third line so they can really go.

Jack Roslovic.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

No chance in hell the Pens trade Guentzel. They'll extend him sooner or later probably for 8x12.

Chad Sexington posted:

Tom Wilson is the future head of the DoPS.

Yep, I realized this and posted it almost 2 years ago. 100% unjokingly going to happen.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Misanthrope posted:

Yeah he's just completely average at everything, it's almost remarkable how unremarkable his game is... but 600+ games and only 26 years old, veteran leadership baby!

Well Friedman has been pounding the "Hanifin will be signed any day now" drum.

Also Bouchard hasn't been great but Ekholm is playing hurt and like poo poo and has been the bigger issue on their pairing.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Misanthrope posted:

most of the flames defense seemed bad at the whole "making good decisions" thing last night

really lol'ing at Tanev shooting the goalie stick out of the zone and flipping his poo poo because he got a penalty for it

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
they're going from a man to zone defence and nobody has ever done that before, it's like learning quantum mechanics

also sorry you watched that, I couldn't stomach more than 5 minutes of it

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Flames looked good for the first 5-10 minutes!

but yeah was a pretty blah game

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/SabresPlays/status/1716981244125192665

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Uncle Delly is not impressed:

https://x.com/nicolasprice24/status/1717241960384102718?s=46&t=JGipJoH3wkxHlVpI9Q8vww

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Misanthrope posted:

they're going from a man to zone defence and nobody has ever done that before, it's like learning quantum mechanics

This is a team that couldn't figure out swarm defence which boils down to a slightly more nuanced "everyone rush the guy with the puck." So yeah, this might as well be quantum physics for some of them.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Levitate posted:

Flames looked good for the first 5-10 minutes!

but yeah was a pretty blah game

Watching the games they have a burst where they look excellent and then something happens and they all stop giving a poo poo. It’s the exact thing we saw with a bunch of different coaches.

I’m hoping it’s just going to take a bit of time or else this will somehow be WORSE than Darryl Sutter which is mind boggling.

I think the one thing that did upset me in that game was Ruzicka getting nailed into the boards from behind and there being no call. That was a poo poo hit and I’m surprised the coach wasn’t raising hell about it.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

The Black Stones posted:

Watching the games they have a burst where they look excellent and then something happens and they all stop giving a poo poo. It’s the exact thing we saw with a bunch of different coaches.

I’m hoping it’s just going to take a bit of time or else this will somehow be WORSE than Darryl Sutter which is mind boggling.

I think the one thing that did upset me in that game was Ruzicka getting nailed into the boards from behind and there being no call. That was a poo poo hit and I’m surprised the coach wasn’t raising hell about it.

eh nah it was from the side, but by the rules it was technically boarding. they just never call it unless you hit a guy from behind.

Weird hit but one you see guys throw fairly regularly

more surprised that the flames didn't then headhunt vesey so I assume they all just thought it was an unfortunate play

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

Cartoon Man posted:

Anthony Mantha

:shepface:

He is in the best shape of his life!!!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

This is a team that couldn't figure out swarm defence which boils down to a slightly more nuanced "everyone rush the guy with the puck." So yeah, this might as well be quantum physics for some of them.

He's talking about the Flames!!! Both teams brains have been broken by having to play a friggin box and 1

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He's talking about the Flames!!! Both teams brains have been broken by having to play a friggin box and 1

The Oilers broke the Flames brains and then in turn had their brains broken by the Knights. Who will break the golden knights? Is there a hockey bane?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I'm pretty sure living in Alberta for any length of time saps one's will to live.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I hope the Bruins set another regular season win record then get eliminated in the first round again. And just keep doing it over and over, year after year, for all eternity.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

The Oilers broke the Flames brains and then in turn had their brains broken by the Knights. Who will break the golden knights? Is there a hockey bane?

A first-round loss to the Arizona Coyotes in a half-empty 4600 seat arena.

grack posted:

I'm pretty sure living in Alberta for any length of time saps one's will to live.

Born and raised, can confirm.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

grack posted:

30 hours in Edmonton did that for me, I can't imagine what a lifetime would do.

Actually never mind, yes I can.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

What on earth is that thing even supposed to be

I don't mean Mrs. McDavid, I mean the kindergarten fingerpaint smears behind her

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Eric the Mauve posted:

I don't mean Mrs. McDavid, I mean the kindergarten fingerpaint smears behind her

an art

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Are you questioning the stylistic choices of celebrity interior designer Lauren McDavid?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Eric the Mauve posted:

It was probably expensive. That means it’s good, right?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

art doesn't have to be photorealistic pictures of things you weirdos :iiam:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Definitely true. It just has to be expensive

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Levitate posted:

art doesn't have to be photorealistic pictures of things you weirdos :iiam:

Look I didn’t deny that it was art I just called it an art because gently caress thinking that ms. Mcdavid has good art analysis skills after making the Black House there

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

akira schmid is not getting off to a good start this year. soft goals every game

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The NHL is switching to a decentralized draft like the NBA and NFL. GMs get a new excuse as to why there are no trades on one of the three trade days of the year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

secret volcano lair posted:

akira schmid is not getting off to a good start this year. soft goals every game

that second one was brutal

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

Are you questioning the stylistic choices of celebrity interior designer Lauren McDavid?

Yes. Also Connor’s choices.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

grack posted:

Can confirm

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

32 Thoughts posted:

There’s still time to figure out who’s good and who appeals to Patrick Kane, but I do think Dallas will be a contender for his services.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/32-thoughts-nhl-teams-vote-to-decentralize-the-draft/

Dallas being in on a player past their prime? :monocle:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

As much as I would be sad to lose him, a healthy Sean Monahan would be very good on any contending team. "Healthy" is the key word here.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

neoaxd posted:

As much as I would be sad to lose him, a healthy Sean Monahan would be very good on any contending team. "Healthy" is the key word here.

He's not on LTIR yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

This dude played in and won his first NHL game tonight.