Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1712141237661401369

That's the official Star Wars account, their expertise in Wookiee identification is unassailable :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Nobody could possibly have foreknowledge of when a train could be at a place, that defies belief!

Especially silly because given he's a bodybuilder with a meat-related Twitter handle and a blue check, he's most likely a fan of Mussolini.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
LOL that recent twitter post about a 'bigfoot' spotted from a train now has added reader context:

Speaking of bigfoot, apparently there's a new season of Expedition Bigfoot airing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf5XoxRPlPE
(thumbnail is unrelated)

I've only watched the first 1.5 minutes and it's already :doh: dumb as poo poo. Apparently at the end of the previous season they found two huge 'nests' and got some hair samples from the site, and when they got the hair DNA tested they discover ****shocking evidence!!**** that it came from a subspecies of wolf that is only found in Alaska so their immediate reaction was "OMG!!! This means that we have to go to Alaska to search for bigfoot!!!"

:wtc:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I thought they already were in Alaska??

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The_Doctor posted:

I thought they already were in Alaska??

I didn't watch season 3 but apparently they were in northern California. They move to a new location every now and then

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Where the gently caress is my new British Cryptids?
Where?!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I didn't watch season 3 but apparently they were in northern California. They move to a new location every now and then
I think it's every season. I think the first season was somewhere in Oregon, then NorCal, and now Alaska.

That Bigfoot is one slippery fella.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1712141237661401369

That's the official Star Wars account, their expertise in Wookiee identification is unassailable :v:

There's a Star Wars comic where the Millennium Falcon crashes in the Rockies, and Chewbacca implicitly becomes responsible for the Bigfoot legend, and Indiana Jones comes across Han Solo's skeleton.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Apparently Mothman became a celebrant and can now officiate weddings?

Also that Mothman statue's thicc rear end has proved so popular it has its own facebook fan page

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Moth-married, clearly. In spooky mothtromony.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Going rear end-to-moth huh?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I keep seeing all these jokes but whomst among you wouldn't touch Mothman's rear end if you had the chance

Not me that's for sure

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

It’s also funny that that’s what they chose to make Mothman look like when the illustrations from the time had him look more like a bell pepper with eyes.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chairman Capone posted:

It’s also funny that that’s what they chose to make Mothman look like when the illustrations from the time had him look more like a bell pepper with eyes.

Chairman Kaga could defeat the mothman?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Chairman Capone posted:

It really did. Here's some of the original eyewitness sketches:

Mothman media from the 1960s+70s:

Most of the recent Mothman depictions have been fairly similar, whoever made that metal sculpture really went their own way

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Mothman media from the 1960s+70s:

I'm pretty sure this one is someone in a fur coat mooning the witness.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I think most alien and cryptid sightings in the US just end up being barn owls.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Knormal posted:

I'm pretty sure this one is someone in a fur coat mooning the witness.

Or a really really tall bunny rabbit with conjunctivitis

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Mods rename me "West Virginia's fagelman"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hasbro Pulse just announced their new 'plasma series' Ghostbusters replica: a PKE meter and a ghost trap: https://uk.hasbropulse.com/products/ghostbusters-plasma-series-haslab-two-in-the-box-ghost-trap-and-p-k-e-meter/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saoUtqs3pzI

I'm mentioning it here because they built an EMF detector into the PKE meter so it functions as an "actual" ghost detector, just like on all the ghosthunting reality TV shows :v:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think most alien and cryptid sightings in the US just end up being barn owls.

Yeah, but what if barn owls are like aliens?

They've come to this planet to deplete us of our vital resource of field mice obviously. A resources galactically that is of very limited supply.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

If I ever start a supernatural poo poo podcast I'm going to call it Bears, Booze, & Barn Owls

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
There's a really cool looking Loch Ness doc coming out in the UK, no idea when/if it'll be streaming

https://twitter.com/LochNess_TCAM/status/1720118452944289814

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's a special one I just found in another thread: a cryptid which is also a conspiracy

ScienceSeagull posted:

This page is worth checking every few weeks in case they've turned up a new longest-lived hoax. Current record is about 17 and a half years:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_hoaxes_on_Wikipedia

quote:

Gilled Antelope 15.84 years July 22, 2006 May 23, 2022
Fictitious cryptid.

Here's the entire fake article:

quote:

The Gilled Antelope (or Gilled Deer), claimed under the classification of "Cetaformia anthalopus", is a false species. This species was rumored to be either an antelope or deer which had the capability to breathe underwater by use of a set of gills on its muzzle. Reports claiming the creature to be real state that the rare sightings occur in Cambodia.

The basis for this fictional species is an actual rare animal called the saola (Vu Quang Ox). This species has a large set of maxillary glands or sinuses situated just in front of its eyes. The external portion of the gland forms a rectangular depression along the upper muzzle approximately 9 centimeters in length. Covering this depression is a muscular flap which can be raised to expose the gland. The Vu Quang Ox is native mainly to Vietnam and Laos, though it is not impossible that sightings in northeast Cambodia could have occurred.
https://web.archive.org/web/20210124151007/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilled_Antelope

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Here's a special one I just found in another thread: a cryptid which is also a conspiracy

Here's the entire fake article:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210124151007/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilled_Antelope

Related: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Society_for_the_Preservation_of_the_Quazer_Beast

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I finally found a sasquatch stick structure out in the woods!!! This couldn't possibly have been built by human hands, it's complete and genuine evidence for bigfoot activity!!!

I'm definitely going back there tonight with a thermal night vision FLIR camera and I'll be doing wood knocks and sasquatch calls all night long to try and flush out the beast. I know I'm close to finally getting indisputable evidence!!!

If anyone wanst to join me here's the location marked on a map SECRET LOCATION DO NOT SHARE

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Can’t believe the Melbourne Zoo has been harbouring Sasquatch this whole time

Corambis
Feb 14, 2023
obviously he’s joking. however they do have a series of underground chambers in which they breed bunyips and release them into the yarra river

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I finally found a sasquatch stick structure out in the woods!!! This couldn't possibly have been built by human hands, it's complete and genuine evidence for bigfoot activity!!!

Hey, I actually found just like a whole bunch of similar stuff down in Wattle park. Probably at least ten similar stick structures, some much bigger, some smaller. Some that would of taken people some time to build and looked pretty cool. And it did seem like they were just aesthetic as even with a some tarps a lot of them would of been really hard to roof, and wouldn't of really offered any more protection than just a tarp between trees and what not, and none had seem to have any clearing attempt to make the 'floor' sleep-able.

Is this a Melbourne Teen thing at the moment? Like used to walk through Wattle park all the time and never saw this.

I mean if so good for them. Much worse things you could be doing with your time. Sounds like a pretty enjoyable afternoon to be honest honest, just going to the park and making weird stick stuff.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

You fools, in Australia that's not a sasquatch, you're dealing with a yowie! Do your reseach!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Knormal posted:

You fools, in Australia that's not a sasquatch, you're dealing with a yowie! Do your reseach!

Sasquatch can go just about anywhere with their beamships and Yowies are 100% proven to NOT make stick structures EVER, they hate em! Maybe if you talked to one sometime, you might learn something ...

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Maybe the rural yowies don't make stick structures but these are liberal-educated big-city yowies.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Knormal posted:

Maybe the rural yowies don't make stick structures but these are liberal-educated big-city yowies.

aka YINOS (Yowies in name only)

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Traditional yowie culture of following blokes around the woods and putting your feet on backwards is in danger from globalization. Many young yowies today enjoy the American practices of stick structures and wood knocking more than imitating a crying baby from behind a bush, as their grandparents did.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's a documentary where they interview a whole lot of bigfoot 'researchers', plus a few skeptics. Dr Bindernagel is hilarious, his opinion is that the rest of Science has been deliberately ignoring all the bigfoot evidence and are all cowards and if they'd been brave enough to admit that there was something worth researching here the mystery would have been settled long ago. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJphtTTfNZ8

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Speaking of, apparently the Dyatlov Pass incident has now been explained, thanks to certain snow physics used in Disney's 'Frozen', of all places. Yes, really.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Can't just not explain that

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
Kabatic wind and slab avalanches have been suggested before, as well as various other natural phenomena, with the proponents of each announcing the answer is obvious and they've solved it. Credit to the article, at least they only pitch it as a possible solution.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I knew there was something sinister about that Olaf guy.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

I was excited to post the new British Cryptids video, but apparently they've gone heavy into AI for this one, which is disappointing to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Napoleon Nelson posted:

I was excited to post the new British Cryptids video, but apparently they've gone heavy into AI for this one, which is disappointing to see.

Yeah it has some lame “live action” interviews which look terrible and some other short animated sequences. I’m sure they’ve used AI for a while but it’s a lot easier to hide it with stills, especially if you have a human being touch it up and given the massive amounts of video filters they use.