Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

It's been a long time, but he was on Craig Ferguson's show once for the press tour for Sorceror's Apprentice. They just goofed off and almost forgot to do the plug, like Ferguson did a lot. So Ferguson asks at the last minute how the movie was and Molina just shrugs and says that the check cleared so it was fine in his book.

drat that show was the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

TheMopeSquad posted:

drat that show was the best.

I cant believe james corden replaced him

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I finished the David Beckham docuseries on Netflix earlier. Don't know anything about football/soccer or care much for the sport, but he's an interesting fellow. Dude is super handsome, lmao. I feel like watching Bend It Like Beckham now, always liked that movie. Haven't seen that movie for quite some time.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

It's been a long time, but he was on Craig Ferguson's show once for the press tour for Sorceror's Apprentice. They just goofed off and almost forgot to do the plug, like Ferguson did a lot. So Ferguson asks at the last minute how the movie was and Molina just shrugs and says that the check cleared so it was fine in his book.

Reminds me of the Michael Caine quote on Jaws 4.

Michael Caine posted:

"I have never seen the film, but by all accounts it was terrible. However I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Famethrowa posted:

I cant believe james corden replaced him

They figured they needed another funny British person, put every one they knew on a board then threw a dart at it.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Upsidads posted:

two episodes in,
they didnt gently caress up Pluto
watch pluto
its a great scifi/snime mashup murder mystery

just watched pluto, it was ok

it became way too epic, was hoping it would just be a weird serial killer/conspiracy mystery

one probably unintentionally funny moment though: this is so far into the future that robots have close to the same rights as humans, and still, in one of the holiday photos the Sagrada Familia is still not finished

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Papercut posted:

Don't worry, the 32-year-old is aggressively trying to gently caress the 19-year-old as part of a secret business arrangement, that makes it okay or something?

yeah they didn't really lean into the deeply problematic exploitation elements across the board, there was a really good dark comedy in there somewhere and they raised the gamma considerably. lawrence is pretty good in it though, she remains quite talented.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Cold pursuit is a fake joyless movie

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Upsidads posted:

Cold pursuit is a fake joyless movie

It's not a great film, but I enjoyed it, and it's elevated by a bit of self awareness: Liam Nesson as the protagonist isn't a killing machine, he inadvertantly triggers a mob war, the memorial titlecards for each death, death by snow-clearing machinery.

Was the Swedish original more satirical?

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
I too dug Cold Pursuit.

It was actually Neeson's unhinged interview during the PR run that got me to watch it while it was in theaters.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Is that the one where he’s an ice road trucker

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
He's one of the least likely action stars ever - he comes across as a big, lumbering clumsy guy. And it's 50-50 whether the movies ever try to explain why this giant with a broad Irish accent is working for the CIA / living in the Midwest / working as a cop in the US.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Sam Raimi, creator of the greatest superhero movie Darkman, always knew that Liam Neeson was made to be an action hero.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9wVzDytTFU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Liam Neeson has given some great performances but I still wish he'd taken a different path in his career after Darkman and committed to becoming a hammy B-movie character actor.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Equalizer 3 - Same plot as all these movies, but beautiful location and I'll watch Denzel in pretty much anything.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

Is that the one where he’s an ice road trucker

Their depiction of denver/Colorado is loving incredible in that movie. They show denver as this lone skyline, completely surrounded by icy wastelands. The when he actually gets to Denver it’s clearly just LA lol.

Being from Denver I usually find it’s appearances in movies and TV hilarious because no one ever does their homework or just doesn’t care. But that movie was on another level with how lazy it was about it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Milli Vanilli documentary is really good

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

veni veni veni posted:

Their depiction of denver/Colorado is loving incredible in that movie. They show denver as this lone skyline, completely surrounded by icy wastelands. The when he actually gets to Denver it’s clearly just LA lol.

Being from Denver I usually find it’s appearances in movies and TV hilarious because no one ever does their homework or just doesn’t care. But that movie was on another level with how lazy it was about it.
Lol

Community is funny bc it takes place in Colorado and the first season has palm trees.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

ymgve posted:

I though it was funny that they had so many scenes dedicated to it just to conclude it with a nevermore shitpost

Just finished House of Usher. It was poo poo.

Mark Hamill talking like RFK jr made me laugh.

Succession x Painkiller x Poe in 8 episodes doesn't work

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

All these Liam Neeson takes and not ONE mention of Rob Roy.

Enjoy the best climax to any film, also staring Tim Roth as a loathsome twerp - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERmM5l2ceoY

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Chas McGill posted:

Equalizer 3 - Same plot as all these movies, but beautiful location and I'll watch Denzel in pretty much anything.

Not asking for spoilers but is the ending sequence/general action good? I liked Equalizer 1 but just didn't feel 2 beyond a few of the scenes, and the whole drawn out ending was just kind of boring and a waste of an amazing concept, in my opinion. Does 3 do better?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Not asking for spoilers but is the ending sequence/general action good? I liked Equalizer 1 but just didn't feel 2 beyond a few of the scenes, and the whole drawn out ending was just kind of boring and a waste of an amazing concept, in my opinion. Does 3 do better?

It's better than 2 imo. There aren't really any crazy stunts etc since Denzel is 68 but the action was pretty well directed. There are a few kills you don't see happen, just the result. It kinda rolls with him being like a horror movie monster.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chas McGill posted:

It's better than 2 imo. There aren't really any crazy stunts etc since Denzel is 68 but the action was pretty well directed. There are a few kills you don't see happen, just the result. It kinda rolls with him being like a horror movie monster.

It almost seemed to be that they were hoping to set Dakota Fanning up to take over the franchise.

If nothing else it was bizarre seeing her with Denzel again after Man on Fire (which I fuckin loved)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

The Milli Vanilli documentary is really good

Good music doc? That is absolutely my poo poo.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Got an email from hbo saying they're taking away any remaining 4k content from the regular ad free plan. Probably going to speed through my list and just drop the service.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah TUBI > HBO anyway.
Just like, fold some clothes and put the tv on mute when the ad breaks start.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Tubi is my go to streaming service now. I'll watch an occasional comedy special on Netflix but that's about it

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Netflix has some interesting stuff right now but I don't know if it's going to be worth $23

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I find justwatch a great service for finding stuff on the myriad of services. Often I'll think "I've never seen film X" so I'll add it to my watchlist and six months later it'll show me that is popped up on something like Tubi. Or that I can use a vpn to watch it on one of the free services in a different country.

The only problem is a watchlist that grows faster than I clear it.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 3, 2023

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

putting on Quiz Lady

gonna watch more Scavengers Reign after that. and Cold pursuit

ugh dammit my wife is gonna want to watch this too I'm switching to cold pursuit now

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just caught episodes 7-9 of Scavengers Reign. The show continues to be an absolute all-timer.

I really hope the show is doing well in ratings so the creators can either do more of this show, or something else original that channels these same instincts because I need more of this kind of adult sci-fi in my life. And if it's not a hit numbers-wise, then at the very least I really hope that they have captured the attention of people who want to do really interesting things with their IP. They could do an incredible series set in the Alien universe.

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
I binged Scavenger's Reign and Pantheon on the same day, thought I felt through into another dimension, where things are good.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Cold Pursuit is better than Ice Road. I see what you mean about the denver skyline, but it almost seems intentional. def doesn't try hard to seem like a real place

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 3, 2023

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
After they announced an It Follows sequel I finally watched the director's huge bomb, Under the Silver Lake. I'd only heard bad things so maybe my expectations were low but it was pretty charming if you can stand hyper-indulgent Hollywood neo noir self-parody. Pairs well with Eyes Wide Shut.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Wait? It Follows sequel??? Hell yes!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Just saw a notice that 6 Feet Under is "now on Netflix". It may have been there a while, but figured I'd share.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

After they announced an It Follows sequel I finally watched the director's huge bomb, Under the Silver Lake. I'd only heard bad things so maybe my expectations were low but it was pretty charming if you can stand hyper-indulgent Hollywood neo noir self-parody. Pairs well with Eyes Wide Shut.

yeah I watched it recently, it was really cool. lots of lebowski send ups as well. garfield was great in it. I also lived in silver lake so it was fun seeing my old neighborhood.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Big Lebowski / Inherent Vice / Under The Silver Lake make a great triple feature.

Zoracle Zed
Jul 10, 2001

ruddiger posted:

Big Lebowski / Inherent Vice / Under The Silver Lake make a great triple feature.

Absolutely need The Long Goodbye in there too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

ruddiger posted:

Honorable mention: Something in the Dirt