Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kwyndig posted:

The time of man has ended, our doom is coming. Climate change man.

please dont post this way in the thread for talking about bottle fairy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it sounds more like lines were stitched together in editing with the VAs not being given the context? AI doesn't really do that fast talk kind of speed racer thing.

My theory: These are recycled lines from previous Ninja Storm games, the VAs recorded lines for new stuff but for old stuff old dialog was just stitched together.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 17, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also if youre trying to turn the Anime Chat Thread into random doomer poo poo, even in passing, stop posting

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

also if youre trying to turn the Anime Chat Thread into random doomer poo poo, even in passing, stop posting

what makes you think i'm trying that? i'm not trying to cause anything

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
i am sad about lovely dubs

but by jove i will perservere

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

think endorph was talking about this:

Kwyndig posted:

The time of man has ended, our doom is coming. Climate change man.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

not you!
thats why i didnt put that in the post quoting you...

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

this

Willo567 posted:

but also lol when you have Willoposting named after you

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

not you!
thats why i didnt put that in the post quoting you...

sorry for the misunderstanding

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

good thing i never watched dub naruto so I assume that's just the norm

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I’m a teacher and this year for my film study unit I wanted to do animation. My films would be the Spider-Man movies, but I do want to setup how unique animation can be and how it can get across ideas that just wouldn’t work live action. My idea for a day would be showing a whole bunch of anime openings/endings that have really good/unique animation and pointing that stuff. Should I make a thread for recs or just do it here? I’ve got a huge list of stuff already but there’s probably some good stuff I’m not aware about.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just make a 'thread for OPs with cool unique animation' thing, thatd be useful even outside your need

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vauktEVjIvg

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Yeah, I figured it would be a cool thread regardless. I’ll post it soon.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i see literally no doomposting

i have a gundam question: does the queen mansa ever appear again (i like it a lot)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No, but there's a suit that's an iteration of the design in Unicorn.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

less doomposting, more domoposting

domo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
More Domon posting.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Arc Hammer posted:

More Domon posting.

have you seen this man???

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Arist posted:

less doomposting, more domoposting

domo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuPU2EYqXbo

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

AlternateNu posted:

My cousin got on Hertzfeld's kickstarter for the World of Tomorrow bluray and gave me a signed copy of it for my birthday last year. One of the greatest presents I've ever received.

Cool as hell

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Black Stones posted:

I’m a teacher and this year for my film study unit I wanted to do animation. My films would be the Spider-Man movies, but I do want to setup how unique animation can be and how it can get across ideas that just wouldn’t work live action. My idea for a day would be showing a whole bunch of anime openings/endings that have really good/unique animation and pointing that stuff. Should I make a thread for recs or just do it here? I’ve got a huge list of stuff already but there’s probably some good stuff I’m not aware about.

the CSM one might be good for incorporating allusions and references into one's own production. i realize that's kinda antithesis to "uniqueness" but it's a good starting point for style

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

symbolic posted:

the CSM one might be good for incorporating allusions and references into one's own production. i realize that's kinda antithesis to "uniqueness" but it's a good starting point for style

Yeah I’ve thought about that one.

I think if I wanted to do that, I think Princess Jellyfish would be better IMO.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

would balance it with examples of western animation, so it doesn't turn into some semester of an anime watching teacher using it as an excuse to show off their favorite animes

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

GateOfD posted:

would balance it with examples of western animation, so it doesn't turn into some semester of an anime watching teacher using it as an excuse to show off their favorite animes

the downside?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

GateOfD posted:

The balance is that ill be showing Scooby Doo as examples of recycled animation and I might use Flintstones as example of the first animated sitcom. Then probably show some UPA animation to show very obtuse style. My movies are also modern CGI stuff.

So yeah, I think one day full of anime stuff showing how animators can still use 2D animation for really cool purposes is good, but thanks for the concern.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i think the class would be cooler if you ignored all that stuff and made it a semester of an anime watching teacher showing off your favorite animes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Show them the opening of Redline, then the rest of the movie including the ending.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Big Leg posted:

i think the class would be cooler if you ignored all that stuff and made it a semester of an anime watching teacher showing off your favorite animes

I think so too.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Arc Hammer posted:

Show them the opening of Redline, then the rest of the movie including the ending.

I would 100% show this because it’s my favourite movie ever, but I care about my job and I would basically get fired so hard for showing nudity so I have to be a responsible adult.

My last year teaching? Go out with a bang.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Black Stones posted:

The balance is that ill be showing Scooby Doo as examples of recycled animation and I might use Flintstones as example of the first animated sitcom. Then probably show some UPA animation to show very obtuse style. My movies are also modern CGI stuff.
you could use a magical girl anime as an example of stock footage. just a tip

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
pretty cure (a program for five year old children) is arguably the most school appropriate programming of all time

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lisa Simpson is a magical girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkwkTPDgRxQ

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

end the semester with making them watch Grave of the Fireflies in full

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Didn't they already say that the class is mostly about the Spiderman movies?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

The Black Stones posted:

So yeah, I think one day full of anime stuff showing how animators can still use 2D animation for really cool purposes is good, but thanks for the concern.

Some of Shinbou's series might be good sources of examples of how to mix styles (PPD, Zetsubou), or distill scenes down to their essential components (Monotagari).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

unfrosted pop tarts are really gross

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I'm a frosting hater.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Doogposting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQMLWIt9md4