Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Most surprising title change - The IWGP Jr Title wins the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Title - DDT Ultimate Party November 12th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bittersweet Moment of the Year: Saki Akai retires from active wrestling - DDT Ultimate Party 11/12

Saki Akai goes out on her own terms in a beautiful final goodbye to active wrestling, it was very emotional.

SG Bamboo posted:

Most surprising title change - The IWGP Jr Title wins the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Title - DDT Ultimate Party November 12th

2nd. Hiromu's 1000 yard stare afterwards was amazing.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Also forgot

Best Post-Credits Scene: DDT Ultimate Party November 12th

Too much to go blow for blow, but Toru Owashi is a good friend and Take and Ueno are patching things up :3:

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
https://twitter.com/dragongatentwk/status/1722586467216810379

Most Wholesome Face Turn: HYO

Context: HYO & Luis Mante (formerly Diamante) are IRL best friends, Shun turned on Mante and forced him to unmask a few months back, and HYO's been getting sick of Shun's bullshit ever since.

Their team name is BIG HUG :3:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Promo of the year: hangman adam page, “I’m going to send you to hell and take your lackey’s weed”, aew dynamite 11/15/23

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

Promo of the year: hangman adam page, “I’m going to send you to hell and take your lackey’s weed”, aew dynamite 11/15/23

Nth

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Oversell of the Year: Team Callis taking big bumps off of Kota Ibushi lightly tapping them with a pipe

Undersell of the Year: Kota Ibushi getting tombstoned off the apron to the floor onto a pile of chairs and getting up like 10 seconds later.

Both from the Shut Up and Jam Gaiden Street Fight 11/15

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
Worst Commentary of the Year: Kevin Kelly during Shida & Statlander vs. Ruby & Saraya - AEW Collision - 11/17

just dogshit shut the gently caress up idiot

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

Worst Commentary of the Year: Kevin Kelly during Shida & Statlander vs. Ruby & Saraya - AEW Collision - 11/17

just dogshit shut the gently caress up idiot

Nth that was so bad

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Worst finish of the year: Toni Storm vs. Hikaru Shida, Full Gear

Storm wrestled for like a minute with a huge chunk of metal hanging out of her rear end right in front of the ref, use it for the finish, and it was absolutely a disaster.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Spot of the year: Hangman Page drinking Swerve Strickland's blood, Full Gear

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
MOTYC, Swerve Vs Hangman Page, Texas Death Match, AEW Full Gear

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wrong thread, El Gallinero Gros!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

El Gallinero Gros posted:

MOTYC, Swerve Vs Hangman Page, Texas Death Match, AEW Full Gear

holy gently caress nth

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oops lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

sickos sequence of the year: hangman adam page / swerve strickland, AEW full gear. 11/18/2023.
hangman staples his son's fingerpaintings to swerve's face and then drinks swerve's blood
https://x.com/DrainBamager/status/1726080198083485908

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo posted:

sickos sequence of the year: hangman adam page / swerve strickland, AEW full gear. 11/18/2023.
hangman staples his son's fingerpaintings to swerve's face and then drinks swerve's blood
https://x.com/DrainBamager/status/1726080198083485908

this match sent me to outer space

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

this match sent me to outer space

this was also in the first 1/4 of the match lmao

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Most Debated World Title Reign:

MJF

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Punch McLightning posted:

Worst finish of the year: Toni Storm vs. Hikaru Shida, Full Gear

Storm wrestled for like a minute with a huge chunk of metal hanging out of her rear end right in front of the ref, use it for the finish, and it was absolutely a disaster.

Best finish of the year: Toni Storm vs. Hikaru Shida, Full Gear

toni stuffed a metal tray in her rear end, it kinda fell out, before going for the win she forgot about her Shining Moment, went back for it and stuffed the tray back in her rear end along with an appropriate facial reaction, and kabonnnnged shida with it. one of the funniest in-character finishes ever. lol

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Most Preposterous Moment of the Year: "Adam Cole vs Jay White"

WTF? Hey, we're gonna let this guy on crutches face Jay White in the main event. Completely stupid.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/1726055255429763135

So loving stupid.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Adding another vote to sickest whatever for Hangman vs Swerve at Full Gear.

Commentary Line of the Year: "She said that she made Los Angeles. She said the Chinese Theatre was nothing but a den of bronze John and French pox before she was there. Then she told me to buy some war bonds." - Nigel McGuinness - AEW Full Gear 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Toni sending Tony a handwritten letter at the scrum and asking him to "Say hello to Ted for me" over at TBS was great too.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hoss Corncave posted:

Commentary Line of the Year: "She said that she made Los Angeles. She said the Chinese Theatre was nothing but a den of bronze John and French pox before she was there. Then she told me to buy some war bonds." - Nigel McGuinness - AEW Full Gear 2023

Nth

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Hoss Corncave posted:

Nth. I can’t believe I didn’t really take to Nigel when he first came in, he’s honestly one of my favourite parts of the show at the moment

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Answers Me posted:

Nth. I can’t believe I didn’t really take to Nigel when he first came in, he’s honestly one of my favourite parts of the show at the moment

it took him a while. his first roh pape comms were very abrasive

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Yeah,

Best Commentary Glow-Up of the Year
Nigel McGuinness

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Hell, at this point I'll just say:

Commentator of the Year: Nigel McGuinness

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Hell, at this point I'll just say:

Commentator of the Year: Nigel McGuinness

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
If I could hang out with a commentator for three hours, I'd choose Taz

If I could listen to a commentator commentate for three hours, I'd chose Nigel (or Excal)

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Christian Cage

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Most WTF pretape of the year: Von Wagner goes to Mr. Stone's house, brings brownies, destroys a plate of spaghetti, whole thing feels like the setup of an adult movie.
NXT 11/21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtvtBC7_6j8

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Fish Of Doom posted:

Most WTF pretape of the year: Von Wagner goes to Mr. Stone's house, brings brownies, destroys a plate of spaghetti, whole thing feels like the setup of an adult movie.
NXT 11/21

there's something very Lynchian about this

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Fish Of Doom posted:

NXT 11/21

The got the Cool Cat dude to make pretapes I see.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Angle of the Year: Christian Cage gives a new name to one of his sons, Dynamite 11/22

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Punch McLightning posted:

Angle of the Year: Christian Cage gives a new name to one of his sons, Dynamite 11/22

It's a shame Nick Wayne didn't take Christian's last name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Worst Segment of the Year: MJF and Adam Cole featuring Samoa Joe AEW Dynamite 11/22/2023

Best Segment of the Year: Christian Father of the Year AEW Dynamite 11/22/2023