Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
none of these concerns are things that cant be solved by a well timed tickle attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
The Fart Contest That Saved the World

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Very depressing chapter. Denji stopping himself from saying "what about my friends" because he has none left at this point was so sad.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I actually would say the opposite. Denji doesn't really differentiate between humans and devils as much as you would expect. He's the dude who gave us "there was a cat too, dude" after all and he genuinely seems more concerned for his pets than he does for the people in danger. He cares about humans he knows personally and/or hot women but the general 'humanity' doesn't seem like something he considers that much different from devils.

Denji hasn't really had any need to fight people-people but dude absolutely was ripped and excited to hurt Katana Man for example. He just tends to not be put in positions where he actively has to kill a human for his self protection. Even in this chapter it's specifically Asa, rather than 'humanity as a whole' that got called out. (And, uh, Denji isn't yet aware she is a fiend/hybrid/whatever she is yet.)

He fought people at the karaoke place just a few chapters back.

He was the happiest he'd been in all of part 2.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maybe someone should just give him a bat again

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

What’s wild about Nayuta is she really just adores Denji to an unhealthy degree. She has an extreme possessiveness but doesn’t view him as something below herself. The minute Denji expresses a concern she aligns herself with Denji but in a deranged way. He definitely knows this and I think the apartment was him trying to defuse the initial argument.

Last few panels are undeniably cute though

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I do not want to think about what goes awry if something happened to their critters in the meanwhile. I don't want this whole scene to be telegraphing... :ohdear:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The dogs will rule all with Meowy at the very top

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ranzear posted:

I do not want to think about what goes awry if something happened to their critters in the meanwhile. I don't want this whole scene to be telegraphing... :ohdear:

abruptly remembering Asa's cat and a frown permanently engraves itself in my face

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

symbolic posted:

abruptly remembering Asa's cat and a frown permanently engraves itself in my face

Meowy will be what finally brings Asa and Denji and Nayuta to the same side for good

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Snooze Cruise posted:

cringe post, i am here to read artistic manga, not look at cartoons 🙄

In what universe is Frisky Dingo not considered an artistic masterpiece?! Certainly not this one!

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

"whatever's on educational tv"

i don't know how there are so many lines in this manga that i would never see coming, but feel so right the instant i read them

the characterization in this series might be some of the best i've ever read in fiction

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Bread Set Jettison posted:

What’s wild about Nayuta is she really just adores Denji to an unhealthy degree. She has an extreme possessiveness but doesn’t view him as something below herself. The minute Denji expresses a concern she aligns herself with Denji but in a deranged way. He definitely knows this and I think the apartment was him trying to defuse the initial argument.

Last few panels are undeniably cute though

It's like for public safety Denji is a distraction if Nayuta is focused on him then she won't go full Makima "humans are animals that need to be watched over" and start trying to control the government & the planet again

Unfortunately she is now focused on Denji and nothing else the rest can die

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Having Denji admit that he likes Asa a little bit especially given her powerup is probably leading to some scenario where Asa transforms Denji into a chainsaw that is even stronger than a nuke.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Flair posted:

Having Denji admit that he likes Asa a little bit especially given her powerup is probably leading to some scenario where Asa transforms Denji into a chainsaw that is even stronger than a nuke.

its gonna be so funny when Denji turns into a Chainsaw Sword and then just turns back to normal ten minutes later because he “died” and was soaked in the blood and viscera of his enemies for an instant heal.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
If anything happens to Meowy I'll loving lose all of it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Meowy will die but in a strange coincidence the Blood Devil will have escaped from hell and will fuse with Meowy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Meowy will have been the cat devil the whole time.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Does Fumiko look less wrong? In the first comic we meet her we were all like "oh yes she is clearly a devil or something wearing a human skin suit." Now that she isn't pretending to be a teenager and is actually acting like a normal person she seems drawn better.

sube
Nov 7, 2022

chainsaw man crazy good again

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Das Boo posted:

If anything happens to Meowy I'll loving lose all of it.

I will break my phone

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Poor Meowy shares a cramped apartment with six rowdy huskies. Any cat that can tolerate a situation like that can slaughter an entire army.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah Meowy is top cat in that household, anybody that can handle that many huskies is a god amongst cats.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The artist for Dandadan did some fanart

https://twitter.com/TatuYukinobu/status/1727716828208894026

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://twitter.com/Jaruis19/status/1702322311918162257

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

excellent

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Needs more eurobeat.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
I love the duality of CSM fan art.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’ve had a very, very stupid idea for Final Fantasy crossover fan art kicking around in my head for the past few days now: the karaoke scene, but it’s Yuna and Tidus

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The FFX laugh scene but with Denji and Asa.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I've once again been attacked by the No Chapter This Week And Everyone Knew It But You Devil

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Bi-Weekly Update Devil strikes agian!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Eimi posted:

Bi-Weekly Update Devil strikes agian!

If only it was the other bi-weekly, I like that one.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Nuebot posted:

If only it was the other bi-weekly, I like that one.

You mean semi-weekly?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nobody on Earth would commit to a twice weekly manga without a prescription for Provigil and weekly steroid injections in their hands. Even they would probably skip dates. Maybe do a few 4 koma, that might work, but a shonen no way, especially not an action one, that's just asking to die.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Kwyndig posted:

Nobody on Earth would commit to a twice weekly manga without a prescription for Provigil and weekly steroid injections in their hands. Even they would probably skip dates. Maybe do a few 4 koma, that might work, but a shonen no way, especially not an action one, that's just asking to die.

I feel like Oda would try

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

goblin week posted:

I feel like Oda would try

They've already got Oda taking a week off so he can decompress and see his family, don't you put this evil on him.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I think the only way that would be feasible would be if you formed an actual team of multiple writers and artists and split the chapters releases between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

Just make the chapters half as long