Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

still laugh at the everything that happened with overstrike/fuse

same, every so often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Vinland Saga ftmfw

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Gundaminfo put all of Turn A Gundam up on Youtube, so I've been doing a rewatch and it's such a fun series. It's so instantly compelling and the Yoko Kanno music is perfect. Though there is some weirdness with continuity around episode 20-25.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I missed that FLCL got multiple sequel seasons, and that it’s now in 3D

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
judging by everything I've heard about them, you might be better off missing them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Meowywitch posted:

hey do you guys think executioner and her way of life will get a second season?

Something gotta break the one season yuri curse I guess

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Have the office to myself today...Time to read manga all day. :cheerdoge:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Congrats gamer.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Rinkles posted:

they're all skippable, and the one that was CG is particularly egregious because it is actively hideous to look at

there's a fair amount of CG anime I do enjoy, I don't inherently dislike it. so it brings me no pleasure to say that the CG FLCL looks like dogwater

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
flcl is like the most obvious instance of a thing getting sequels not because anyone had ideas but because it was a recognizable name

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hosed up fact: the scott pilgrim show was a better flcl followup than any of the actual flcl sequels

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Srice posted:

they're all skippable, and the one that was CG is particularly egregious because it is actively hideous to look at

there's a fair amount of CG anime I do enjoy, I don't inherently dislike it. so it brings me no pleasure to say that the CG FLCL looks like dogwater

:pwn:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ok i beat max payne 3. wow there was nothing i liked about that game more than the first two

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

punch line is my favorite flcl

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ArfJason posted:

I loving HATE BOCCHI THE ROCK!!!

Bocchi rock, yui k-on, and serial lain were all recently found Graduated with insane amounts of heroin in their systems.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Need a pen and paper. I swear the start of my work shift is the absolute worst time to have a writing idea flash through my head and I want to jot it down.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tales of Woe posted:

Wild rear end show

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
punch line is not my favorite uchikoshi script

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

where does punch line rank on the chart from nirvanA Initiative (so stupid it kind of works) to zero time dilemma (so stupid it's just stupid)

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

I gotta rewatch it one of these days, it's something that has stewed in my mind ever since I watched it but I haven't revisited it since it aired.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Arist posted:

where does punch line rank on the chart from nirvanA Initiative (so stupid it kind of works) to zero time dilemma (so stupid it's just stupid)

i got bored with nirvana initiative. i think it's a weak show because it kind of twists in two directions and doesn't quite fulfill either. the first half leans hard on the wacky hornball comedy while the back half is a more normal superhero adventure story, but the show makes a lot of swings at more genuine emotional beats based around the relationships of the cast that i don't think it really sets up well enough to land all that effectively since so much of it is premised in relationships the main character has that aren't really explored all that well because of how they spend like, the first three episodes purely on the hornball comedy. it's unfocused in a way where the ending always just felt deeply unsatisfying to me because i never felt like it did a good job getting me invested enough in its bullshit to make its bullshit feel earned

none of this is for a lack of being able to enjoy uchikoshi's wacky bullshit either, i love the first ai and a lot of why i love it is for how stupid it can be

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 28, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Making Nirvana Initiative intentionally like, wipe the slate clean with the cast so people could play it without playing the original was dumb as heck and I hate it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Making Nirvana Initiative intentionally like, wipe the slate clean with the cast so people could play it without playing the original was dumb as heck and I hate it.

I mean, I agree with this, I'm just talking about the twist of NI being something I would find actively insulting in anything else

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

the worst parts of that game are anything to do with Date tbh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's 100% because the original sold real poorly in Japan partly due to the violence giving it a very high CERO rating, which is also why NI is less violent despite being about people getting torn in half.

Like straight up, if they wanted a clean slate, make it clean. Don't bring ANYONE back and make it fully standalone.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 28, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
lain is the third best konaka show

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rinkles posted:

no it didnt. it stopped after one season. shut up. [covers ears]. shut up

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dongicus posted:

Bocchi rock, yui k-on, and serial lain were all recently found Graduated with insane amounts of heroin in their systems.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Digimon Tamers simuwatch when?

edit: and I will NOT make the website.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arist posted:

i had no idea wtf Nirvana Initiative was and in my research i discovered, A. this is the first time i haven't heard the game called by the first half of its name or just Somnium Files, and B. it was also the ZTD writer??

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My favorite part of the FLCL sequels was adult swim telling Jason DeMarco that they weren't gonna fund anymore of that poo poo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

symbolic posted:

i had no idea wtf Nirvana Initiative was and in my research i discovered, A. this is the first time i haven't heard the game called by the first half of its name or just Somnium Files, and B. it was also the ZTD writer??

Somnium Files is the first game, nirvanA Initiative (I insist on using the proper capitalization) is the sequel

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When people say Somnium Files, they're usually referring to the first game. Nirvana Initiative is the sequel.

And yes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I didn't like Nirvana Initiative.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's good parts of ZTD, I really like that one sequence with C-Team (and the conceit of the ending), but it's a very ugly game and there's at least one indefensible twist

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arist posted:

Somnium Files is the first game, nirvanA Initiative (I insist on using the proper capitalization) is the sequel

im a fuckin dope on a rope

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arist posted:

and there's at least one indefensible twist

if it's what i'm thinking it is, it's one of the funniest fuckin twists of all time

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

also drat i should pick up Somnium Files i think

e: looks like at some point i already did. the impulsive gamer keeps on winning

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I didn't like Nirvana Initiative.

I did but it's definitely worse than the first game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

are the steam versions of the zero escape trilogy good

been meaning to play them forever and just haven't gotten around to it and they're on sale