Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

All jokes aside, the Blackhawks should have an obligation to disclose what behavior got him shitcanned. Another team might want to take a chance on him, and there's a big difference between him having a consensual relationship with another player's mom (funny, not illegal) and him dropping slurs and hate crimes or whatever else it could have been.

They should have an obligation to tell other teams. They don't necessarily have to tell the public if it is something private like the Bedard thing. I'm assuming they need to at least tell the PA as there could be grievances involved if it's bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.
If sleeping with a generational talents mother is finally the issue that causes the Chicago Blackhawks to cut ties with a player..... Just lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

pseudodragon posted:

They should have an obligation to tell other teams. They don't necessarily have to tell the public if it is something private like the Bedard thing. I'm assuming they need to at least tell the PA as there could be grievances involved if it's bullshit.

Ya the league and the PA know what's up. You can't just terminate a contract cause you feel like it.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Man, what do you have to do to be too much of a shithead for Chicago?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Chicago most likely feels by telling the beats the Bedard Mom thing was untrue without saying it covers them, but it doesn't matter what they say, because no one (for many good reasons) is going to believe them no matter what way they put it.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It should be super easy to say "the rumors on social media are false, but we won't be publicly disclosing why the contract is being terminated" though. So I dunno. Maybe he did hook up with a mom. I'm coming back around on this.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

DOOMocrat posted:

Chicago most likely feels by telling the beats the Bedard Mom thing was untrue without saying it covers them, but it doesn't matter what they say, because no one (for many good reasons) is going to believe them no matter what way they put it.

No one really trusts the beats though, especially the dumb ones who want Q back.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/CRoumeliotis/status/1725365712896553180

Well about that

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Can't believe Bedard's mom may have slept with Corey Perry - that dude is old enough to be Bedard's father.

Lol the Sharks

Mr. Kite posted:

The Sharks earned 1 point in their first 11 games. Then they earned 11 points in their next 11 games. If that exponential pace continues, they will finish the season with 10.8 million points.

And boo all the teams who have allowed themselves to lose to the Sharks. Disgraceful.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It seems like the mom banging rumor isn't true, as funny as that would be. So I wonder what else he could have possibly done.

Mom-banging was the prevailing rumor at the rink today during Rat Hockey

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
True or not, Bedard is going to be chirped for YEARS because of this and so he should for playing for such an awful organization.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

MaoistBanker posted:

No one really trusts the beats though, especially the dumb ones who want Q back.

That's not really Kyle Davidson's problem. Blackhawks management was asked about exactly this, they said no, as a not-a-press-release answer is about what they can do.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It should be super easy to say "the rumors on social media are false, but we won't be publicly disclosing why the contract is being terminated" though. So I dunno. Maybe he did hook up with a mom. I'm coming back around on this.

There is 0 chance they can terminate his contract for cause for a consensual relationship with someone outside the organization.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Blackhawks management when they found out Perry slept with Bedard's mom instead of assaulting Bedard:

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

DOOMocrat posted:

That's not really Kyle Davidson's problem. Blackhawks management was asked about exactly this, they said no, as a not-a-press-release answer is about what they can do.

https://x.com/BenPopeCST/status/1729576973616197764?s=20

I want to see the t-shirt

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

pseudodragon posted:

Counterpoint:

I want to know what it is

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Misanthrope posted:

True or not, Bedard is going to be chirped for YEARS because of this and so he should for playing for such an awful organization.

I do actually feel bad for Bedard and Perry if they don't clear it up, because poor Delonte West went through the same thing with Lebron James and he still has never heard the end of it:

quote:

Around 2010, a rumor went around the NBA that Delonte West had sexual relations with Gloria James, LeBron James’ mother. It was a rumor that circulated like crazy among fans, but in 2012, West finally dispelled such gossip.

"It's affected me," West said in 2012, per Dallas News, via Miami New Times. "Everywhere I go, first question, 'Don't tell me you did that.'"

Matt Zerella posted:

Rangers are gonna sign Perry aren't they?

if he didn't do anything too bad, I hope so! Would not be bad to replace Kakko while he's hurt and then Pitlick on the fourth line.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

if he didn't do anything too bad, I hope so! Would not be bad to replace Kakko while he's hurt and then Pitlick on the fourth line.

I love it in theory, but I can't imagine what he could have done that would be so bad to get him kicked off the Hawks, but not so bad that I wouldn't mind having him on my team.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I like all the media members who can't jump to Bedard and the Blackhawk's defense fast enough. Where the hell were all of you when the Hawks were letting guys get sexually assaulted?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

I like all the media members who can't jump to Bedard and the Blackhawk's defense fast enough. Where the hell were all of you when the Hawks were letting guys get sexually assaulted?

No, you do what I think Lazerus is doing and pretend not to have known so you can keep your friends, just like he denies putting Fun-Loving as a descriptor for Kane into a Trib headline when talking about his detractor's issues with him.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

She took "gently caress Corey Perry" posts too literally...

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hawks management found out it was consentual and they're PISSED.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Ginette Reno posted:

They wanted the first overall pick after all

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
https://twitter.com/NotThrashers/status/1729579566962803066?t=08Cevo0Zo1OCyK_LSqCw5Q&s=19

Lol

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Reading this in a Jordan Peterson/Kermit the Frog voice:

https://twitter.com/MarkLazerus/status/1729587040113549361

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Impressive how 2 months into his career he already has something he’ll be chirped about forever. Truly generational talent

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

The Dirty Burger posted:

Impressive how 2 months into his career he already has something he’ll be chirped about forever. Truly generational talent

Speed running the NHL. Robidas Island booked for October 2024.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

DOOMocrat posted:

this person knows nothing about PR lol

you do not print the "he did not gently caress his mom" t-shirt

They can give a better picture of what happened without addressing the rumors, instead of leaving it so generic. But maybe they will at the press conference later.

In other non-mother loving news,

https://twitter.com/buffalosabres/status/1729598622747005137?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Today has been a roller coaster of emotions lol

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I'm sure there's something the Blackhawks can say without providing too much details that will take the spotlight off Bedard and his mom... "the incident for which we are terminating Corey Perry's contract relates to actions that took place during regular team activities and does not involve any outside parties"

Because yeah.. I'm sure this is a very hurtful thing to have circulating out there for the Bedard family and for Corey Perry's family.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Today has been a roller coaster of emotions lol

UPL looked great yesterday. The Sabres solidly outplayed the Rangers, but they’re good at giving up a lot of play and scoring timely goals to get a point or steal a win. If he can do a lot of that consistently, it’ll be good to let Levi get some seasoning in a less pressure-filled environment.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

It's time for the Blackhawks to put the rumors to bed

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

i'm not sure there is anything the blackhawks can say to squash the rumors short of basically being fully transparent on why the team let Perry go... which they obviously will not do, whether the rumor is true or not.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
For an organization with high moral standards like the Blackhawks to do this, well

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Apples McGrind posted:

i'm not sure there is anything the blackhawks can say to squash the rumors short of basically being fully transparent on why the team let Perry go... which they obviously will not do, whether the rumor is true or not.

Remember when the Kings dragged a player through the mud to dump his onerous contract cause he used drugs?

Now imagine what Chicago would have done.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Uh that Chicago press conference makes it seems like Perry did something really terrible. Also said that it has nothing to do with any players or their families and no players have any details on the situation.

Of course coming from Chicago, this whole thing stinks to high heaven.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I bet he walked on the carpet logo

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

shyduck posted:

I bet he walked on the carpet logo

lol.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
The established line seems to be assault and battery and sexual assault are fine, so maybe he owns slaves or something

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Corey Perry did 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
If it wasn't loving someone's relative my money is on some kind of extreme hazing that pissed Bedard off. I'm having trouble thinking of anything else that wouldn't have gotten him arrested.