Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I'm sure adding another no finish player will turn it around for the Pens. At least he was a bonafide NHL player unlike the dross they've been trotting out for the last 2+ weeks. I'm sure Jansen Harkins will be chipping in with points any day now......

Anyways Pens have hit the iceberg and the compartments are all filling. Just shuffle those deck chairs and can someone strike up the band. We're going to the bottom baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Matt Zerella posted:

Im going to Rangers Kings tomorrow night, really not looking forward to it after what I saw tonight, holy crap. Igor looks broken, no one’s helping him, Fox is invisible and I’m really starting to hate Zibanejad.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Do you appreciate that you sound exactly like PAS all those years, man oh man let me tell you all about how much I hate my team that's 7 points clear in first place

Let the passing of the torch officially commence.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

T-Bone posted:

how do the Caps keep winning

The only graphic you need to look at when asking “how is [x] team doing this?”

https://x.com/JFreshHockey/status/1733881109908209958?s=20

Similarly, if you ever find yourself asking “what’s going on with [x] team?” the bad GSaX graphic is in the replies.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I'm sure adding another no finish player will turn it around for the Pens. At least he was a bonafide NHL player unlike the dross they've been trotting out for the last 2+ weeks. I'm sure Jansen Harkins will be chipping in with points any day now......

Anyways Pens have hit the iceberg and the compartments are all filling. Just shuffle those deck chairs and can someone strike up the band. We're going to the bottom baby.

It's hilarious that the Pens will try literally anything except fire their coaching staff.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Nick Cousins ran Erik Gudbanson and initially got a five which was reduced to a two minute minor.

https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/status/1733939233897816567?t=o4o6ZTTRN_mNgfDiFD7R-w&s=19

Gudbranson is now advertising he's gonna deliver extreme justice next shift.

Great job, NHL. :downsbravo:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1733938616605261976?t=dETWuuRTYdFA7DC0W56whQ&s=19

E- And Gudbranson just got revenge and it looked like Claude Lemieux and Darren McCarty.

https://twitter.com/mark_scheig/status/1733942764985872666?t=s6h5hlfsrknwG72M9qNJSw&s=19

Just outstanding on the part of NHL officiating.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 10, 2023

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

CBJSprague24 posted:

Nick Cousins ran Erik Gudbanson and initially got a five which was reduced to a two minute minor.

https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/status/1733939233897816567?t=o4o6ZTTRN_mNgfDiFD7R-w&s=19

Gudbranson is now advertising he's gonna deliver extreme justice next shift.

Great job, NHL. :downsbravo:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1733938616605261976?t=dETWuuRTYdFA7DC0W56whQ&s=19

E- And Gudbranson just got revenge and it looked like Claude Lemieux and Darren McCarty.

https://twitter.com/mark_scheig/status/1733942764985872666?t=s6h5hlfsrknwG72M9qNJSw&s=19

Just outstanding on the part of NHL officiating.

Instead of suspending Gudbranson, the punishment should be the blue jackets being required to play him 30 mins a game for 5 games.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

all that effort and violence over a hit gudbranson isn't even going to remember smh

suspend em both

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The biggest rear end in a top hat in all that is Gaudreau imo

Everyone else followed The Code.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

You know what:

The Oilers are back, baby

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I swear, for a good offensive team, no one gets goalied by career AHL backups more than the Devils do.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I swear, for a good offensive team, no one gets goalied by career AHL backups more than the Devils do.

I guess you haven’t watched a ton of Leafs games the last few years

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/mikecommito/status/1734021294310523369?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Wonder how common this poo poo is, sup Matt Murray

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
4th in the Pacific Division :munch:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Ovi snakebitten

(To add actual content I do think this is a coaching issue for the most part)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ltir cheating is extremely common. Vegas and Tampa both won cups using it

I'm surprised that teams don't complain about this but I guess they probably all want to use it for themselves. And I'm certain that - given the chance - 100% of the franchises in the league would do it

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Wonder how common this poo poo is, sup Matt Murray

Matt Murray literally had major hip surgery, he’s not hiding out in a cabin somewhere. How is he somehow a poster boy for dodging the cap with LTIR when the league has had stuff like “oh, Marian Hossa suddenly can’t wear equipment anymore”

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

PA ain't gonna say poo poo because it's the difference between getting your full contract paid out or settling for a buyout at 2/3rds

And teams aren't gonna say poo poo because LTIRetirement is better than the lovely current system.

If they just agreed to honor contracts after retirement but not count them against the cap they wouldn't have to get cutesy and they could work around mid season shenanigans at the same time

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

MoaM posted:

4th in the Pacific Division :munch:

And somehow 23rd in the league

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

That story isn’t even that shady, health is a spectrum and most professional athletes develop some sort of permanent damage/injury through their career. The choice to play through it, get major invasive surgery, or retire comes down to preference and context.

In Tootoo’s case he did have a bad shoulder, told the club and they confirmed it through MRI. Sure he had been managing it, and could have decided to keep playing, but no doctor is going to support forcing someone with any kind of damage to keep going so it’s easy to get a diagnosis if a player wants one. Doesn’t mean he’s lying about his health, just means that what the public thinks of as healthy vs. injured is not actually binary in the real world.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

ltir cheating is extremely common. Vegas and Tampa both won cups using it

I'm surprised that teams don't complain about this but I guess they probably all want to use it for themselves. And I'm certain that - given the chance - 100% of the franchises in the league would do it

Tampa did complain. Then the league did nothing, so they did it themselves.

Which obviously makes them doubly as bad.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

20th by points percentage!!!

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Jonny Nox posted:

Irrelevant.

All we need is Arizona / LA to have a bad stretch.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Sat next to a Kings fan at the game tonight. He had an original lakers colorway Kings jersey with the fancy crown (Marcel Dionne on the back). That’s an A+ sweater.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

It's the Blackhawks's organization hypocrisy that's the worst

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

Im going to Rangers Kings tomorrow night, really not looking forward to it after what I saw tonight, holy crap. Igor looks broken, no one’s helping him, Fox is invisible and I’m really starting to hate Zibanejad.

You worry too much

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

WeaponX posted:

You worry too much

Eh that was a pretty terrible week for them. Hopefully the defensive effort I saw last night continues.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

HookShot posted:

Ovi snakebitten

(To add actual content I do think this is a coaching issue for the most part)

Yeah. He's still leading the team in points. His shooting % is crazy low (5.6% against a career 12.8%) and his shooting rate is down too. He seems to defer to Strome a good bit at 5v5 who has scored a bunch.

It's mostly that their powerplay is literal last in the league dogshit garbage. Yes, PAS, even worse than yours.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Matt Zerella posted:

Sat next to a Kings fan at the game tonight. He had an original lakers colorway Kings jersey with the fancy crown (Marcel Dionne on the back). That’s an A+ sweater.

Kings sweaters are some of the best in the league. They’ve got a real deep bench (closet?)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1734039216848339385?t=edzBJ65KZWLli6f0FSTi_Q&s=19

Now do Cousins.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My dilemma is that destroying the brains of either Cousins or Gudbranson should be legal, but I still wish to also see them punished.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Surely LTIR cheating is only when you IR a person for the season and then bring them back the moment the postseason starts and the cap stops, a la Stone and Kucherov?

Robidas island is broadly fine and serves to ensure people get paid as the poster above says

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Watching it again, Cousins turtling after deciding to smash him from behind must have been so infuriating lol can understand why he went ballistic

Refs could have easily solved it by handing out 5 and a game for the hit but oops

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

tarbrush posted:

Surely LTIR cheating is only when you IR a person for the season and then bring them back the moment the postseason starts and the cap stops, a la Stone and Kucherov?

Robidas island is broadly fine and serves to ensure people get paid as the poster above says

I think the problem with changing it is that this way keeps players able to come back on the same contract if they decide they do feel good enough to leave the island. I can’t think of a way to punish the LTIR cheating while keeping Robidas island a potential two way road either.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Doesn’t mean he’s lying about his health, just means that what the public thinks of as healthy vs. injured is not actually binary in the real world.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure any top tier pro athlete could go into any normal doctors office to get a physical and the doc would find some sort of knee/elbow/shoulder damage where they'd sign off on at the very least reduced physical activity or rehab if not outright telling them to stop using that part if they are using regular patient standards.

No lies or even embellishments needed, just to get to the NHL level, dudes are pushing their bodies beyond what it's supposed to handle.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jhet posted:

I think the problem with changing it is that this way keeps players able to come back on the same contract if they decide they do feel good enough to leave the island. I can’t think of a way to punish the LTIR cheating while keeping Robidas island a potential two way road either.

They can just make the cap still count in the playoffs if they want to prevent that.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Matt Zerella posted:

Eh that was a pretty terrible week for them. Hopefully the defensive effort I saw last night continues.

Were always due for a “rough” stretch, maybe needed some losses like that to get their heads straight about defense

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Levitate posted:

Were always due for a “rough” stretch, maybe needed some losses like that to get their heads straight about defense

That will come in the playoffs.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

League wide top ten eleven. Any of these teams frauds? I still think the Caps are, no idea how they’re hanging in there.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://x.com/mikemcintyrewpg/status/1734247272920084662?s=20

great work DOPS, keep it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Chad Sexington posted:

Yeah. He's still leading the team in points. His shooting % is crazy low (5.6% against a career 12.8%) and his shooting rate is down too. He seems to defer to Strome a good bit at 5v5 who has scored a bunch.

It's mostly that their powerplay is literal last in the league dogshit garbage. Yes, PAS, even worse than yours.

It feels like the Caps PP wants the theoretically high-danger chances you get from stacking 3 guys in the royal road and ping-pong passes out from behind the net, but they're not using any movement to clear out coverage there so everything just gets clogged up. There may not be any movement because the system isn't asking for it or maybe everyone but Strome is too old and slow to do it, but either way you'd think just going back to trying to feed cross-ice passes to Ovie is the better option both for the PP and for his attempt at the record - win-win. Just seems like a bizarre choice to keep banging what's not working at all. They probably want to get it going sooner than later, too, because Ovie can still pass and shoot as well as anyone, but he has cement skates and is slow as hell to react to loose pucks so he's probably not gonna go on a long heater at 5-on-5 to bring up those numbers.