Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

The big climax is Buggy using his Buggy Ball to defeat Im

His what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nephthys posted:

Buggy's going for the One Piece, remember? There'll be a 3-way Davy Back fight between Luffy, Shanks and Buggy for it where Zoro and Mihawk can square off with each other.

Blackbeard isn't invited because his taste in pie sucks!

buggy is going to be a contender for the one piece because captain johns treasure will be the final poneglyph

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

The amazons know that all men have it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hancock and Buggy Ball Torture

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Picked up a Yamato t-shirt. Excited to get into angry debates at the game store over his gender while wearing it.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I'm mildly surprised someone hasn't made a knockoff shirt that's just Yamato with SHE/HER or HE/HIM in bold letters next to the portrait.

That said did find this:

More shirts should include a paragraph that explains the shirt.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
What if Mifraud ate the Swordsman-Swordsman fruit

Have we ever seen Mihawk in the ocean

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Off topic of anything but I can’t think of a reason that Zoro and Mihawk ever fight in the manga until after everything else is resolved and they just go “okay now to duel to the death”.

Because the student surpassing the teacher and that being accepted/proven is like, one of the oldest story beats ever?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
how can you watch zoro offer his body for death against mihawk in a sheer fervor for accomplishing his dream and go "who cares if he manages to accomplish it later"

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Dawgstar posted:

Picked up a Yamato t-shirt. Excited to get into angry debates at the game store over his gender while wearing it.

Pls share, I am in the market for one

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Off topic of anything but I can’t think of a reason that Zoro and Mihawk ever fight in the manga until after everything else is resolved and they just go “okay now to duel to the death”.

Buggy is going after the one piece and that will inevitable lead them to crossing paths with the straw hats and when Mihawk and Zoro meet again they are both gonna want to fight.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

No Wave posted:

Mihawk trained Zoro for two years basically out of pure kindness. I dont understand what is supposed to be hype about this matchup Mihawk is the senpai regardless of outcome.

it’s hype because it’s a fight that’s been built up for 25 years between two extremely cool dudes

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

tbp posted:

how can you watch zoro offer his body for death against mihawk in a sheer fervor for accomplishing his dream and go "who cares if he manages to accomplish it later"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Woozie66 posted:

Pls share, I am in the market for one

Ripple Junction: https://www.ripplejunction.com/one-piece-yamato-divine-wolf-t-shirt

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Nuebot posted:

Because the student surpassing the teacher and that being accepted/proven is like, one of the oldest story beats ever?
It will be the emotional culmination of their offscreen training arc.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

No Wave posted:

It will be the emotional culmination of their offscreen training arc.

It'd be pretty funny if zoro wins the fight off screen, too.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hatty posted:

Shanks is a Hockeyman

Dogsred Hair Pirates

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Nuebot posted:

It'd be pretty funny if zoro wins the fight off screen, too.

"nothing happened" :zoro:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

No, Shanks is a hokeyman. Get it right

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oda should have Mihawk be the one to kill Shanks to silence the haters

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

shanks is a hookeyman because his rear end is SKIPPING any real fight !!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The plot twist will be that Zoro won 49 times. Mihawk won 50 though so he’s still down a point.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I bet one of the Gorosei is actually the strongest swordsman, but wouldnt bother fighting a lowly pirate. How you gonna be a sword saint and be bested by a mere worlds best swordsman, you know?

ethanbaron v. nusjuro (the bald guy in the gorosei) not only has a giant sword, but if you look very closely at the guard, its the same guard as the two kitetsus that zoro has, making it very likely that he has the shodai kitetsu which is one of the 12 best swords in the world, and the only other named one we are currently aware of

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

TheKingofSprings posted:

The plot twist will be that Zoro won 49 times. Mihawk won 50 though so he’s still down a point.

Goddammit it's Riku on Destiny Islands all over again.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I bet Mihawk could totally destroy that Gorosei guy

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

I hope that when there's the inevitable conflict between Cross Guild and strawhats, that Luffy deliberately chooses to face Buggy and ignores Crocodile, probably making ol' Croc very mad. Bonus points if its like Nami, Usopp or Chopper that takes Croc down.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

SpiritOfLenin posted:

I hope that when there's the inevitable conflict between Cross Guild and strawhats, that Luffy deliberately chooses to face Buggy and ignores Crocodile, probably making ol' Croc very mad. Bonus points if its like Nami, Usopp or Chopper that takes Croc down.

Wrong, it will be Robin

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
robin already has the one piece but no ones asked

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Luffy would no joke respect/appreciate Robin for not telling him

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Scholtz posted:

Luffy would no joke respect/appreciate Robin for not telling him

Her covering it up and making it a huge joke wouldn't be boring.

Also Mihawk and Zoro can totally have their final battle offscreen during the epilogue, it would not ruin anything about the story.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Violen posted:

robin already has the one piece but no ones asked

It was the friends they made along the way but no one wants to be spoiled on that

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

This rules, thank you

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The Cross Guild and Red Hair Pirates interacting at all will bring so much powerscaling in 3 years

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sanji's dream is allegedly all blue but there's been so much more narrative weight on his dream of being a peeper. Like I'm supposed to believe that deep down he cares about fish more than women?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I mean he nearly died of joy when women were combined with fish.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

No Wave posted:

Sanji's dream is allegedly all blue but there's been so much more narrative weight on his dream of being a peeper. Like I'm supposed to believe that deep down he cares about fish more than women?

same dichotomy as luffy’s goal of being king of the pirates VS whatever luffy’s actual dream is

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

What I'm getting at is Zoro has already indicated he cares more about his duties as a first mate than he does the strongest swordsman bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

No Wave posted:

What I'm getting at is Zoro has already indicated he cares more about his duties as a first mate than he does the strongest swordsman bit.

I mean yeah everyone’s ride or die at this point, even Nami chose death over saying Luffy wouldn’t be Pirate King, they all still have dreams though