Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Imagining building the WTC legos and just laughing and laughing, yeah I totally wanna build something out of 20000 grey bricks.

But that Ikea modular is cute as hell, plus they already do sell lego at Ikea...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ninjago City Gardens will allegedly retire at the end of the year, so the clock is now ticking. :gonk:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

I complained about it in discord but the first of the two Coraline houses has some noticeable mistakes in the very ugly roof. And it's the better of the two designs.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i really like the rolls royce

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

big dyke energy posted:

Imagining building the WTC legos and just laughing and laughing, yeah I totally wanna build something out of 20000 grey bricks.

I dunno, I have enough Star Wars sets at this point to do it I think.

I built the Orient Express over the last week. It's very beautiful and infuriatingly fragile. Granted not much survives contact with a 2 1/2 year old, but the rebuilding process was way harder than it ought to have been.

I finally got around to scanning all my manuals, and it gave me enough points to a $75 discount voucher, so the Tales of the Space Age set is mine for $5, which was pretty cool.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I usually roll my eyes at all of the licensed submissions but a Subnautica set would be an instant buy for me

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

I usually roll my eyes at all of the licensed submissions but a Subnautica set would be an instant buy for me

A minifig-scale Cyclops would be amazing.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

I thought that was neat too but would it be better to have a pre-crash version? Can't you even find little models in game?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Bloody Pom posted:

A minifig-scale Cyclops would be amazing.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

GlenMR posted:

I dunno, I have enough Star Wars sets at this point to do it I think.

I built the Orient Express over the last week. It's very beautiful and infuriatingly fragile. Granted not much survives contact with a 2 1/2 year old, but the rebuilding process was way harder than it ought to have been.

I finally got around to scanning all my manuals, and it gave me enough points to a $75 discount voucher, so the Tales of the Space Age set is mine for $5, which was pretty cool.
Oh word, the empire let's you build the wtc?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Of all of the possible amazing things from Subnautica that could be built out of Lego the destroyed Aurora is easily one of the least interesting. Any of the leviathans would be an instant purchase. Any combination of the vehicles would be an instant buy. A combo of vehicle(s) and *any* creature and I'm going Full Price Jones on day 1. The most obvious choice to me would be a "miniscale" Cyclops with a prawn suit inside that can be ejected.

drat disappointing, not gonna lie.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

BaconCopter posted:

Of all of the possible amazing things from Subnautica that could be built out of Lego the destroyed Aurora is easily one of the least interesting. Any of the leviathans would be an instant purchase. Any combination of the vehicles would be an instant buy. A combo of vehicle(s) and *any* creature and I'm going Full Price Jones on day 1. The most obvious choice to me would be a "miniscale" Cyclops with a prawn suit inside that can be ejected.

drat disappointing, not gonna lie.

A modular base might get me

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

It's almost like if Lego had made a cursed af, uncanny valley, child Aloy bust/buildable character instead of the amazing Tallneck.

Or if they made the drat box that you put your hand into from Dune instead of the upcoming Ornithopter (which could still look a ton better).

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 9, 2024

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Oh man what people will do with number 8 scares me

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
When I see those lists, I just scan through and skip anything that is pre-existing IP. Which is 75% or more.

A lot of nice looking sets, but many, of course, are derivative.

The Rolls Royce reminded me that I still haven't seen a Bugatti Royale. But that is pretty darned close.

The log flume looks nice.

Does anyone remember what the ideas 10k sets were like the first couple years? Before it became find a TV show that hasn't been done yet?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You can go to the ideas blog and go to the last pages to see the earliest posts. Here's a couple from early on. Seems very similar to what we get now.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/f2f99423-ba6a-4fec-9630-eeed8f2fdc8e
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/ad04e9fb-8a25-4bdb-a51b-a4fe169d7df1

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Man. A lot of those weren't picked but then LEGO built them anyway.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

I found an unexpected Mars Rover technic polybag at the store tonight (30682), and it is really cool! First technic thing I've built in a decade.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SadisTech posted:

Oh man what people will do with number 8 scares me

Kit bash it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I found an unexpected Mars Rover technic polybag at the store tonight (30682), and it is really cool! First technic thing I've built in a decade.

I just looked that up and it's neat

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

HootTheOwl posted:

I just looked that up and it's neat

Those little wheels roll really well and feel really neat, there's a geared feature to swing the tool arm back and forth, and the suspension for the wheels is really wild and lets it sit on fairly uneven terrain with all the wheels touching down.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Woah. Number 27 looks like a straight answer to my prayers for more Castle sets for my medieval diorama... gimme that forestmen's base :getin:

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

TorakFade posted:

Woah. Number 27 looks like a straight answer to my prayers for more Castle sets for my medieval diorama... gimme that forestmen's base :getin:

I went to BrisBricks in my home town last year and got a whole gallery of some pretty spectacular stuff, including a medieval layout that was just superbly detailed. I don't want to clutter the thread with pics so here's a link to a gallery for those interested.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ADkkQkCQq9o1PbC27

E: last year
E (i): 2022 actually. don't get old, guys

SadisTech fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jan 9, 2024

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Just poking my head back into this thread after a couple years away -- my daughter just turned 3 and asked for her own LEGO for her birthday and Christmas, so we've gotten her a few sets and she's been amazing at them. She actually helped me with the Saturn V last year, when she was only 2, but here she is working on her very own 60348 Lunar Rover:

She did about 90-95 percent of the assembly on this herself, too, though I helped a lot with interpreting instructions. I think she's more interested in MOCs, though, like this selection:

After a couple years of DUPLO, she seems really excited about all the little tiny single-stud pieces since they let her practice her fine motor skills.

Now the only challenge is convincing her that she needs to go to school and can't just play LEGO all morning...

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Adorable, she already looks like a pro!

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Yeah that's better than what I'm trying to do with MOCs

I love the A Team set. I need that. I'm sure there are plenty of instructions I could buy from Bricklink or what have you, but I think that looks really clean.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Most of those are an instant no, I think the remainders are the A-team and the pirate chest. There’s a lot of bad there.

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
I would unironically display the WTC set, but there is no way they're ever going to release that.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I just want the forestmans' treehouse so I can get the A Frame Cabin and have Robin Hood vs Campers In The Woods battles.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sir Mat of Dickie posted:

I would unironically display the WTC set, but there is no way they're ever going to release that.

Just dozens and dozens of social media posts with people turning their sets into 9/11 dioramas waiting to happen.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Lego pulled that one Vegas set, yeah no way WTC is happening.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Infinitum posted:

Just dozens and dozens of social media posts with people turning their sets into 9/11 dioramas waiting to happen.

Recreate all my favorite Photoshop Friday moments

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Actually really digging that canal lock one.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Infinitum posted:

Cat earthquakes can't shake kragled bricks.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Everyone who makes a moc is a free mason if you think about it

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Lego pulled that one Vegas set, yeah no way WTC is happening.

They swapped out another building before release I thought I have the set kicking around somewhere

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

24. STEVE IRWIN & MAJESTIC CROCODILE by King of Crocs

:magemage:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

dammit i was excited for the king fisher... god drat is it ugly. the face, especially the eyes, look awful.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

This connection on 76918 McLaren Solus GT should not have passed quality control. One stud, on the corner, no secondary bracing. Extremely easy to knock off when you pick up the model. Also super fiddly to build in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You should definitely write to LEGO corporate about that.