Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

the NBA is still punishing Philadelphia for having Allen Iverson

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Soap Scum posted:

the NBA is still punishing Philadelphia for having Allen Iverson

this is kind of real

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

indigi posted:

we should obviously ban gambling again but it's a lot of fun and in addition to this I知 making a very very small amount of money on a monthly basis (enough to cover a week's worth [almost half a tank] of gas) so in this context it's difficult to say if we should obviously ban gambling again or not

dumbass

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I知 happy being a very slightly profitable funass. but I understand if aren't even even as stupid as me

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it was a 23-2 FTA disparity in the 4th lol

i wasnt counting the last 10 because they were intentional fouls by the raptors to force free throws

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

indigi posted:

drat that Kawhi extension.... I guess you gotta, but...

Win

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

we should obviously ban gambling again but it's a lot of fun and in addition to this I知 making a very very small amount of money on a monthly basis (enough to cover a week's worth [almost half a tank] of gas) so in this context it's difficult to say if we should obviously ban gambling again or not

I'm picturing this as if you are somehow online sports gambling version of the John Turturo character from Rounders, grinding out a meager living gambling while avoiding the allure of the big payout.

e: I had a similar take when Diablo 3 introduced a real-money auction house and I wrote a script to trawl for undervalued items that real people would apparently pay upwards of $200 for. It was clearly stupid and bad but I made like $6k in a month so who can say if it was good or bad.

ee: In retrospect, this was one of the most existing periods of my life and it wasn't about the money per se. I think it was just the first time I got to experience unalienated labor in a weird fashion.

Salvor_Hardin has issued a correction as of 04:58 on Jan 11, 2024

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm picturing this as if you are somehow online sports gambling version of the John Turturo character from Rounders, grinding out a meager living gambling while avoiding the allure of the big payout.

e: I had a similar take when Diablo 3 introduced a real-money auction house and I wrote a script to trawl for undervalued items that real people would apparently pay upwards of $200 for. It was clearly stupid and bad but I made like $6k in a month so who can say if it was good or bad.

ee: In retrospect, this was one of the most existing periods of my life and it wasn't about the money per se. I think it was just the first time I got to experience unalienated labor in a weird fashion.

i wrote a an autohotkey script to farm items from some specific spot in order to sell them on the real money auction house. i think i ended up earning like $5 lol

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

i wrote a an autohotkey script to farm items from some specific spot in order to sell them on the real money auction house. i think i ended up earning like $5 lol

I got to the point where I wrote an excel VBA script that would take in info from the excel table of item stats and buy prices and generate the AHK script. So I just had to keep up on what the rates were every few days, update the table, and click a button.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Yossarian-22 posted:

I wanna bet money on Halliburton being MVP and the Thunder being first in the West

Bump

Former looking less likely after his injury but OKC just pulled within a half game of first place. Of course the former is what I bet money on :(

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

The Chief Conditional Betting Officer at DraftKings.com is looking at the Raps-Clips score and cumming buckets

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the boston celtics shot a perfect 30/31 from the free throw line today

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

triple sulk posted:

the nba is garbage and legalized sports gambling is a top three worst scotus decision in the last 100 years

Lol it's not even sniffing the top 5. Probably not even top 10.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

basically. I only make <$5 bets and only on games/players I really believe in, it's honestly more for fun than trying to make any money

I deposited $35 last April and I知 up to $82.33 currently (not counting my monthly $15 withdrawals since August)

indigi has issued a correction as of 16:26 on Jan 11, 2024

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retromancer posted:

Lol it's not even sniffing the top 5. Probably not even top 10.

gambling has pretty seriously negative economic + health outcomes. I wonder how it stacks up against abortion being overturned

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

In Training posted:

gambling has pretty seriously negative economic + health outcomes. I wonder how it stacks up against abortion being overturned

sure but put it in context of supreme court decisions like "all gun control is illegal," "Bribery is legal if you're a corporation," the aformentioned overturning of abortion, overturning an election just 'cause, etc...

Like it's bad but this is SCOTUS we're talking about.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

where would you even start in ranking the worst things the roberts court has done

1. citizens united
2. shelby county (repealing the voting rights act)
3. janus (national "right to work")
4. dobbs
5. hobby lobby

then theres probably another 5 or so further legalizing gerrymandering and other election rigging

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

basically. I only make <$5 bets and only on games/players I really believe in, it's honestly more for fun than trying to make any money

I deposited $35 last April and I知 up to $82.33 currently (not counting my monthly $15 withdrawals since August)

idk why you keep on validating your decisions to the thread, just say you like to gamble lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
no fail amerikkan politics in the nba thread please

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Retromancer posted:

sure but put it in context of supreme court decisions like "all gun control is illegal," "Bribery is legal if you're a corporation," the aformentioned overturning of abortion, overturning an election just 'cause, etc...

Like it's bad but this is SCOTUS we're talking about.

Shear Modulus posted:

where would you even start in ranking the worst things the roberts court has done

1. citizens united
2. shelby county (repealing the voting rights act)
3. janus (national "right to work")
4. dobbs
5. hobby lobby

then theres probably another 5 or so further legalizing gerrymandering and other election rigging

hello my fgirneds i think you would benefit a lot from reading this text :cheers:

https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1852/18th-brumaire/

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

tristeham posted:

no fail amerikkan politics in the nba thread please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmODpNYU280

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also didn't even realize gambling was a scotus thing I thought states just started passing legalization laws a couple years ago. The more you know

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

In Training posted:

I also didn't even realize gambling was a scotus thing I thought states just started passing legalization laws a couple years ago. The more you know

they overtruend the ban so they oculd bet on college sports lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they overtruend the ban so they oculd bet on college sports lol

LFG

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

idk why you keep on validating your decisions to the thread, just say you like to gamble lol

:pwn:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

pay student athletes??? gently caress no. Gamble on em!!!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

gambling on college seems crazy to me. those dudes all suck and can't be relied on

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

gambling on college seems crazy to me. those dudes all suck and can't be relied on

people always hype that poo poo up but college sports are so boring

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

nothing more fun than going to the game and sitting next to a dude who went to that college 30 years ago

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
kavanaugh needed to repay his wealthy shadow benefactors who erassdd his baseball gambling debt somehow

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

AnimeIsTrash posted:

people always hype that poo poo up but college sports are so boring

Any time someone tells me the hate the NBA but love college hoops I mentally file them away as irredeemable and walk away.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Any time someone tells me the hate the NBA but love college hoops I mentally file them away as irredeemable and walk away.

yep

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

AnimeIsTrash posted:

nothing more fun than going to the game and sitting next to a dude who went to that college 30 years ago

Actually it's even fwreakin better when they didn't go there. Lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I never really got into college sports since I'm from New England and we have real sports there

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

college ball used to be amazing when the good players where in it

but obviously even then the enjoyment was undercut with the realization they weren稚 being paid at al

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

euphronius posted:

college ball used to be amazing when the good players where in it

but obviously even then the enjoyment was undercut with the realization they weren稚 being paid at al

osunds like i will see them when they make the nba then LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it has a different vibe since the stadiums were way smaller and packed and the guys played real hard

but it was also kind of lovely since the shot clock was like 4 hours and zone was legal