Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

TenementFunster posted:

rookie of the year race gonna be crazy!
Two Frenchmen (wemby, and spiritually French man Ben Simmons) already deserve it more than Chet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I can't judge, I'm also spiritually French

I love bread, cheese, and wine, and hate bathing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

spiritually French is pretty accurate

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a less motivated Boris Diaw

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

loquacius posted:

I can't judge, I'm also spiritually French

I love bread, cheese, and wine, and hate bathing
I'm spiritually Vietnamese which is the upgrade on French

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

euphronius posted:

This is the nicest thing anyone's ever said about Ben Simmons

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

euphronius posted:

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

No AD tonight, LBJ is gtd. I'm feeling good about this for the Hawks, enough to put 50 on it.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

No AD tonight, LBJ is gtd. I'm feeling good about this for the Hawks, enough to put 50 on it.

DLo is gonna go off for 60 but won't make a shot in the following 2 games.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i didn't expect the twolves to make the jump they did this year. glad the FO figured it out, and that chris finch is getting his due

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I am still waiting for a full expose on what the gently caress happened with DLo. When they traded for Gobert, every third media story was about how good the trade was for DLo since he finally had a pick and roll partner but in reality he apparently hated Gobert so much he tried to make him quit.

It'll be a decade before someone casually drops the story on a podcast and I hope it's more interesting than "Rudy demanded DLo play defense and DLo couldn't abide being told to play defense"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Azathoth posted:

I am still waiting for a full expose on what the gently caress happened with DLo. When they traded for Gobert, every third media story was about how good the trade was for DLo since he finally had a pick and roll partner but in reality he apparently hated Gobert so much he tried to make him quit.

It'll be a decade before someone casually drops the story on a podcast and I hope it's more interesting than "Rudy demanded DLo play defense and DLo couldn't abide being told to play defense"

I don’t think that’s gonna be the story. there was a whole video the previous year about how DLo was quarterbacking the Minnesota defense. he’s at least a dude who attempts team defense, he’s in the right places, he’s just an awful individual defender

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Pacers over has been doing so much work for me this year

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Dreylad posted:

i didn't expect the twolves to make the jump they did this year. glad the FO figured it out, and that chris finch is getting his due

It's Tim Connelly

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

Ben Simmons half-asses his job because he doesn't like working. He is a relatable and aspirational figure IMO

I also stan Andrew Bynum, Ricky Williams, and every other talented player that just wanted to cash some checks and chill out.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I also stan Andrew Bynum, Ricky Williams, and every other talented player that just wanted to cash some checks and chill out.

I stan these guys and people who have no loyalty/work ethic and demand trades every year like Harden

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

It's time we all apologized to Embiid. His knees are hosed and he's playing like poo poo because of it. Unless this is all a crazy long con

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Yossarian-22 posted:

It's time we all apologized to Embiid. His knees are hosed and he's playing like poo poo because of it. Unless this is all a crazy long con

hes the least fun basketball player to watch that ive ever seen. like james hardon personified

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Harden hypnotizing people with his beard and making them fall on their rear end with crossovers is fun what are you talking about

All ft merchant play is annoying though I agree (except when a dude is faked out so much that they freak and jump into the guy that's just solid play)

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Yossarian-22 posted:

maybe he should rest for the play offs instead of chasing an individual award then

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Yossarian-22 posted:

I stan these guys and people who have no loyalty/work ethic and demand trades every year like Harden

I hung out with my wife's old college roommate last weekend and he is currently seeing a dancer from Philly who apparently has interacted with Harden many times in the club. She said he is very quiet and distant and refuses to look the girls in the eye. Pays well though.

This is apropos of nothing, just reminded me that I forgot to post about that thus far.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

Harden hypnotizing people with his beard and making them fall on their rear end with crossovers is fun what are you talking about

All ft merchant play is annoying though I agree

yeah thats the part im talking about. james hardon without the beard and without making people fall down (unless he's flopping into their knees)

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Embiid playing less than 65 games means the 76ers probably fall to 5th or 6th with how the Pacers, Cavs, and Knicks are looking so idk

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

tristeham posted:

maybe he should rest for the play offs instead of chasing an individual award then

knees strong enough to play garbage time against a crap team chasing 70 points. knees bad enough that he cant play in denver ever in his whole career

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I hung out with my wife's old college roommate last weekend and he is currently seeing a dancer from Philly who apparently has interacted with Harden many times in the club. She said he is very quiet and distant and refuses to look the girls in the eye. Pays well though.

This is apropos of nothing, just reminded me that I forgot to post about that thus far.

if he didn’t pay well it would be pretty embarrassing

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

fart simpson posted:

knees strong enough to play garbage time against a crap team chasing 70 points. knees bad enough that he cant play in denver ever in his whole career

Embiid played well in Indiana after the 70 points and before he rested and he's playing like poo poo now

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

Embiid played well in Indiana after the 70 points and before he rested and he's playing like poo poo now

i dont understand your point here because im simply not interested in the truth of the situation. im a hater, pure and simple.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Fair is fair :thumbsup:

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Embiid is ducking and also Embiid is really good at basketball regardless

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Yossarian-22 posted:

agreed, the entire thread except euphronius should start arguing that embiid is better that jokic

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think it's time for jim harden to find a girl and settle down

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fart simpson posted:

hes the least fun basketball player to watch that ive ever seen. like james hardon personified

well you won’t have to watch him until 2025 by the looks of it

I’m guessing ACL

he may just retire

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

woke up and saw the news

we really made a deal with the devil for that super bowl win, didn't we. all the teams are cursed now. just a combination of weird and awful poo poo happening

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if embiid every plays again he needs to do the 28 minute a night l, don’t jump Tim Duncan routine

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

fart simpson posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UceF5GcZ3Mw

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
pretty easy to be an embiid hater, he sux + philly fans are annoying

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

well you won’t have to watch him until 2025 by the looks of it

I’m guessing ACL

he may just retire

did he go down? i didn’t read any nba news after the celtics game

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

sixers suck rear end. i'm out. at least the flyers look pretty solid right now and the eagles are the most fraudulent 9-1 team of all time

this was completely accurate in late november, and now it's 2/3rds accurate because the philadelphia flyers are once again dogshit garbage after their good vibes were killed.

also, lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fart simpson posted:

did he go down? i didn’t read any nba news after the celtics game

yeah

immediate mri which is no beauno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Looks like the Knicks are making the ECF. All according to plan…