Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

dr_rat posted:

Pretty much 100% chance it's a scam. Cardone is a known Scintology big wig scammer.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/grant-cardone-financial-influencer_n_64ada368e4b0e87d65574e9b

Pretty sure there is at least a couple of other "donate to trump" scams going at the moment as well.

Even if some gofundme for Trump does turn out to not be a total scam, there's no way in hell anyone who is sincerely for Trump can keep themselves from taking a huge chunk off the top. Maybe not a Trump fundraiser for Giuliani legal fees sized chunk, but there's no way they can resist keeping at least 60%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

e: wrong thread

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

A guy needs a little walking around meat

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Saw this permeating discord:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Trump brand meat shoes will only accept Trump brand steaks

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
Trump looked at all the money Kanye made from his shoes and thought he could do the same thing.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Tesseraction posted:

Saw this permeating discord:

Seriously though, are those ugly for collector sneakers? I'm not up on sneaker collecting culture but those seem hideous.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Lammasu posted:

Seriously though, are those ugly for collector sneakers? I'm not up on sneaker collecting culture but those seem hideous.

The meat shoes are fake, op.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Subjunctive posted:

The meat shoes are fake, op.

Only the meat tray. The rest of the gaudy pieces of poo poo is 100% real.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

MrMojok posted:

e: wrong thread

Which video game were you trying to post about?

Trump Legal Troubles: I equip my +1 meat shoes of debt slaying

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Between this and the NFTs and the other nonsense he peddles I wonder how many lovely sleeze pitches he gets a day? It’s got to be a lot and most of those scams are even dumber because he doesn’t get in with them.

It’s like his followers expect to be ripped off so when he rips them off they find it comforting.

Edit: There’s two things I want to get fully investigated and documented. The first is a real investigation of wtf happened at the IRS during Trumps required audit (looks meaningfully over at the Engoron decision) and the second is a full accounting of Trumps side hustles and grifts and and cons and etc… from when around 2015.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 18, 2024

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.
Findomming the nation.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Boots would've appealed to his base more.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Putting on my Trmep Brand Fancy Shoes for Fancy Bois

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Gyges posted:

Only the meat tray. The rest of the gaudy pieces of poo poo is 100% real.

Yeah but the meat tray is where the real value is.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Velocity Raptor posted:

Boots would've appealed to his base more.

I think he would have done gangbusters if he'd sold work boots with red laces

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Trump attached his name to any old poo poo before he was president too. This isn’t really anything new for him.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I’m sure someone explained that sneakerheads pay hundreds for shoes that cost $10 to make and that is right up his alley.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Surprised it took this long

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

They aren't saying BOO they are saying BOOOTSS!

Give them boots! The chuds yearn for boots!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Professor Beetus posted:

I think he would have done gangbusters if he'd sold work boots with red laces

45-hole Docs

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Subjunctive posted:

45-hole Docs

Nah, it needs to be an even number.

Like 14 or 88.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

You all laugh, but he only needs to sell 1 million pairs of sneakers and he's all set

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

smoobles posted:

You all laugh, but he only needs to sell 1 million pairs of sneakers and he's all set

Gotta account for him being really bad at licensing intake, like watch it turn out he only gets like 40 back for each gaudy piece of poo poo shoe at the end of the day

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

smoobles posted:

When he’s elected purchases will be mandatory

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
What's the legality of making this exact same design except with an actual good and correct American flag instead of that poo poo

I'd want to market it as Trump's secret stash of the good poo poo he's holding out for True Patriots but I don't think I can satire law that one enough

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug

European asking: Are the stars in this layout intentionally invoking the Confederate flag?

Cantide fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 18, 2024

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cantide posted:

European asking: Are the stars in this layout intentionally invoking the Confederate flag?

No, wrong color scheme. More of a Betsy Ross thing.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Think tri-corner hat revolutionary minute-man cosplay. With tacky gold highlights b/c of course tacky gold highlights.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Worth pointing out that the Betsy Ross flag with the circular stars has long been a favourite of chuds and proto-chuds, and there's even a controversial history of using it on sneakers from a few years ago

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/betsy-ross-flag-nike-colin-kaepernick-patriot-movement-ku-klux-klan-854612/

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Name Change posted:

No, wrong color scheme. More of a Betsy Ross thing.

I don't see any pics of it but I bet you :10bux: there's four stars on the other side

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I don't see any pics of it but I bet you :10bux: there's four stars on the other side

I found an alternative shot. There are not. Left and right shoes are just inverts, with stars on the outside and stripes on the inside.

Sundae fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 18, 2024

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

smackfu posted:

I’m sure someone explained that sneakerheads pay hundreds for shoes that cost $10 to make and that is right up his alley.

His next lawsuit is probably going to be due to him misrepresenting these atrocities as being MADE IN AMERICA :911:, while they're inevitably put together using the cheapest possible Chinese prison slave labour. That being the straw that broke Trump's back would be perfect.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Soylent Yellow posted:

His next lawsuit is probably going to be due to him misrepresenting these atrocities as being MADE IN AMERICA :911:, while they're inevitably put together using the cheapest possible Chinese prison slave labour. That being the straw that broke Trump's back would be perfect.

Edit: The pictures posted above make them look like Homelander merch props from The Boys.

Additional edit: Quote is not edit.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Soylent Yellow posted:

That one's pretty easy to get around, though. You can legally claim that they are "Made in America of imported materials," etc etc, if you can feasibly state that the majority of the value-add to the product is in a step performed in America. Do the final package here and stitch on that hideous "T" and he'd have a strong argument. Not an ethical one, mind you, but one that's been held up plenty of times in other manufacturing environments, including shoemakers (New Balance in particular).

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I wonder how long before the gold stuff flakes off and fades from those ridiculous gaudy sneakers.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zwabu posted:

I wonder how long before the gold stuff flakes off and fades from those ridiculous gaudy sneakers.

In less time than it takes a Cybertruck to develop rust, probably.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

Cantide posted:

No, it’s from zooming on the current US flag with its alternating 6/5 rows of stars.

If you’d make the sneakers during the 48-star period from 1912-1957 for example you’d have a square pattern I bet.

Sorry for the boring answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The nice thing about Trump merch is that you can know anyone you catch wearing it is someone who isn't worth engaging with. A several hundred dollar flashing "I'm a toxic rear end in a top hat" sign they pay for themselves.