Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Fridgelina certainly wishes Souls games had a pause button lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Morpheus posted:

It can also be disabled entirely, which I think any game with an invasion mechanic should have.

actually every game should have mandatory invasions

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think the game should continue even while it's off. Like Animal Crossing.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

EightFlyingCars posted:

I miss when dark souls 2 was active

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

EightFlyingCars posted:

doom eternal was a bad game but i was bummed when they scrapped the invasion feature

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

omg chael crash posted:

doom eternal was a bad game

U wot pal

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

doom eternal was a bad game but i was bummed when they scrapped the invasion feature

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

FireWorksWell posted:

me too, i spent so much time getting mad in pvp

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Paying2Lurk posted:

If you have the tiny, specific screwdriver that is needed you can fix it yourself pretty quickly. They should be like $3 on Amazon.

https://youtu.be/Ij_peEXvpcU?si=Z8r7N5ZvVPh14ZRa

Holy poo poo. Game changer. I thought it was just part of owning one.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I’ve probably been conditioned at this point but I’m not sure what the deal is with not being able to pause. Just drop the controller and walk away or close the game. I’ve seen my dad go afk in The Division to go mow the lawn.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pacific drive seems rad so far but the very sparse auto saves and total lack of manual saves is frustrating.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rest mode is a fine pause substitute provided you’re not one of the weirdos who thinks it’s going to detonate your PS5 and kill your whole family or something.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
What could be so important you’d need to stop playing a souls game for

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Pacific drive seems rad so far but the very sparse auto saves and total lack of manual saves is frustrating.

You can manually save but only in the garage.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

If you simply must beat one off while playing a Souls game, just rest at a bonfire ffs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bumhead posted:

If you simply must beat one off while playing a Souls game, just rest at a bonfire ffs

What NPC is everyone coming across that is making them want to beat one off real quick and then resume playing?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Everyone loved that woman with the 4 arms.

Or the turtle in the pope hat.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

FireWorksWell posted:

Return to Drangleic on the 27th! Two weeks of slightly more activity.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Paying2Lurk posted:

Return to Drangleic on the 27th! Two weeks of slightly more activity.

Hell yeah I forgot about that, thanks for the reminder

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

What NPC is everyone coming across that is making them want to beat one off real quick and then resume playing?

From my understanding of the Souls fandom "every single person who levels you up, including the doll from Bloodborne."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everyones new kink when the DLC drops

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
Was enjoying Lies of P on most areas except the level design for the beginning (not environment design, that's p good). Was too linear in the opening levels and just a lot of corridor type areas.

Got to the puppet factory level and mamma mia, now we are talking. It's not as genius as a great dark souls level but it feels like a real-ish place and the nonlinearity is great.

Is the rest of the game pretty much in that vein?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I’ve probably been conditioned at this point but I’m not sure what the deal is with not being able to pause. Just drop the controller and walk away or close the game. I’ve seen my dad go afk in The Division to go mow the lawn.

Anti pausers can’t be this dumb

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You have some of smuggest, most viscerally off putting neckbeard energy I have ever seen on the forums.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I Dont Like You posted:

You can manually save but only in the garage.

Ah that's good to know. I played for like 30 minutes last night and was just getting it rolling, but I was getting blasted with HD2 invites and when I came back it put me back at the beginning which was a bummer.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

You have some of smuggest, most viscerally off putting neckbeard energy I have ever seen on the forums.

Keep repeating this into the mirror and eventually you’ll change, veni

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Since we can all talk shop and have fun here, I don't like the Souls genre at all. Not my cup of tea. I do like pausing and I don't like these games in many ways, but hey, that's why we have such a variety of things to check out. Plus none of us have enough time to get to all the stuff that does interest us anyway, backlog city.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

They weren’t good til Elden Ring so I completely understand why people don’t like them. For a system that doesn’t have any games the PS5 certainly does contain multitudes

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The first Watch Dogs game had pausing that was disabled when you were invaded. Invasions in that game are not announced to the player, so I just gave the game a quick pause every once in a while to see if the game would still be running in the background as a check to see if someone invaded the game and I was being stalked.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
ok so Im having some electricity issues in my new place, and I have a very old APC/Power Strip. Do we have a good recommended APC/Power Supply esque power strip? Will be for an LG-C3, modem and router, ps5, and a soundbar. Thanks

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Anti pausers can’t be this dumb

oh noo the game is still running what will I dooo :qq:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Costco Meatballs posted:

Was enjoying Lies of P on most areas except the level design for the beginning (not environment design, that's p good). Was too linear in the opening levels and just a lot of corridor type areas.

Got to the puppet factory level and mamma mia, now we are talking. It's not as genius as a great dark souls level but it feels like a real-ish place and the nonlinearity is great.

Is the rest of the game pretty much in that vein?

I would say most of it, yeah!! some parts are a bit more linear but I do think the factory is where it gets really great and mostly stays that way

also yeah that big bowie guy is a terrible poster. total dogshit

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Boo hoo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I said come in! posted:

All the amazing chests

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still 6 days til FF7R2

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Still 6 days til FF7R2

:eyepop: Bouncing off the walls with excitement.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

veni veni veni posted:

Ah that's good to know. I played for like 30 minutes last night and was just getting it rolling, but I was getting blasted with HD2 invites and when I came back it put me back at the beginning which was a bummer.

I abandoned mission with a full trunkload of stuff, saved at the garage, and when I restarted the mission, there was the corpse of my car with the trunk still chock full of stuff. I just grabbed it and went on with the mission.

Very much a corpse run game.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

This Kojima documentary is cool by the way, good on ya Hideo. I wish I was friends with Del Toro

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

I said come in! posted:

You can always tell the people that couldnt get past Ornstein and Smough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Was just playing some Doom Eternal, it’s awesome. Can ya believe it was made less than 30 years after the original Doom. What an insane technological leap