Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Harry Lime posted:

This piece by Kate Wager was up on Road and Track was pulled within a day of it going up I have to imagine due to it being pretty critical and I expect not to the liking of the sponsor but it's still on various web archival sites and is worth the read.

https://web.archive.org/web/20240301170542/https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a46975496/behind-f1-velvet-curtain/

Good article. Kind of wonder why it got pulled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Residency Evil posted:

Good article. Kind of wonder why it got pulled?

I have to imagine it's along the lines of this

SlowBloke posted:

I wouldn't be surprised at Ineos being the cause of the removal, most of the article was mocking the trip they offered without any positive press about their off-road toy. The f1 circus was mentioned in passing compared to the fancy treats offered by the robber barons.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
toto cope about the engine cover costing them 0.5 is funny as gently caress.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cimber posted:

Just got back from Dune 2.

It was drat good.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

What possible motive would he have for trying to cover it up, bud? It doesn't benefit him in one single way, and now it's an even bigger story because the dumbfuck had to involve himself.

It pisses off Liberty and fucks with their marketing the sport as this highly progressive thing by making this poo poo drag out longer. If I was trying to do the only thing avaliable to increase FIA revenues and Liberty told me to gently caress off then I would probably be equally unsympathetic to any issues impacting their business model.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I keep reading MBS and thinking of the guy who runs Saudi Arabia and not the guy running the FIA

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don't have MBS' thought process so I don't know why he actually did it. but if you're asking me to explain why he would support a mysognist POS then as you can see I've got like a million different explanations as to why MBS might be inclined to do so.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the Horner affair is detailed in detail

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Tony quidprano posted:

1. The FIA's beef is over the money it gets out of F1 and by transference Liberty, not the team principles.
2. Anything I have heard MBS say ever has ranged from mildly offensive to outright mysognistic. I'm not seeing a scenario where MBS sees what Horner did and goes "Oh yeah he did something wrong there"

he immediately binned an f1 car that one time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUAnq4LnkbY

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

wicka posted:

That's gotta be it for MBS, that's completely hosed

wheres that idiot who was white knighting him before

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Harry Lime posted:

I have to imagine it's along the lines of this

If that was supposed to be a Grenadier review, lol.

Otherwise, it didn't seem particularly scandalous. Road and Track has shifted more to doing longer stories instead of car reviews.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol that everyone is a idiot loving moron

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
If they wait 2 more weeks just ignoring everything and nothing happens Horner will be fine

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Just warched this season's opening title crawl and even the drivers look checked out and tired no matter how bombastic the intro music is.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

Has there been any news from Ferrari about why Sharl's brakes were playing up for 2/3rds of the race?

Edit: Oh wow that will do it https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/leclerc-had-more-than-100-degrees-split-in-brake-temperature-in-f1-bahrain-gp/10582425/

EVOO has a lower burn temp than something like avocado oil

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

GramCracker posted:

EVOO has a lower burn temp than something like avocado oil

Cook’s Illustrated give Costco’s EVOO incredible marks.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Full Collapse posted:

Cook’s Illustrated give Costco’s EVOO incredible marks.

As someone with a 1.5L jug of it in their kitchen at all times, I can confirm it slaps

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

GramCracker posted:

As someone with a 1.5L jug of it in their kitchen at all times, I can confirm it slaps

:same:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Jos to take over and his old nickname would be true....

Jos the Boss!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Sounds like she likes Lewis. A cool and good journalist.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Rhopunzel posted:

wheres that idiot who was white knighting him before

are you suggesting the 14 time middle east rally champion is not God's gift to motorsport???

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It might be a funny joke to refer to McLaren as McMansion Hell or something in that vein. I am pro-McLaren and take no pleasure in reporting this.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Motorsport dot com has an article up suggesting that the end of all this will be Max to Mercedes.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Pirate Radar posted:

Motorsport dot com has an article up suggesting that the end of all this will be Max to Mercedes.

Jos to take over Redbull, Max leaves immediately to Merc!

That would be hilarious.

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
I want Vettel to run Red Bull. I want Seb Bull.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Pirate Radar posted:

I would love to see Max in a poo poo car

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Vando posted:

Jos Verstappen is a terrible human being but he was a legitimately decent driver, no way was he anywhere close to Alliot tier. He dragged some absolute dogshit Arrows cars into the points, back when the points only went down to 6th.

Alliot also did that in even worse Larrousses what is your point? Alliot also had to prequalify which Verstappen never did.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Zeta Acosta posted:

toto cope about the engine cover costing them 0.5 is funny as gently caress.

The Benz engine has had issues since 2021.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
The 2021 Merc engine was a loving rocket. See: Brazil

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Harry Lime posted:

This piece by Kate Wager was up on Road and Track was pulled within a day of it going up I have to imagine due to it being pretty critical and I expect not to the liking of the sponsor but it's still on various web archival sites and is worth the read.

https://web.archive.org/web/20240301170542/https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a46975496/behind-f1-velvet-curtain/

drat just reading this now and it's actually a great article, really interesting read and well written. I could see why it was pulled so quickly, good things aren't supposed to exist these days.

Speaking of which, that race loving sucked and I look forward to 2024 being just as poo poo as 2023. No safety car, no mechanical failures, no crashes, just the perfect procession we've come to expect.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Arc Hammer posted:

Just warched this season's opening title crawl and even the drivers look checked out and tired no matter how bombastic the intro music is.

Just wait to see how everyone looks after 24 races!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMxKkDDL4N8

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Blackhawk posted:

Speaking of which, that race loving sucked and I look forward to 2024 being just as poo poo as 2023. No safety car, no mechanical failures, no crashes, just the perfect procession we've come to expect.

The pre-DRS Schumacher era processions have returned.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Nybble posted:

I keep reading MBS and thinking of the guy who runs Saudi Arabia and not the guy running the FIA

they should invite horner to the saudi arabian consulate in istanbul

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Fell asleep watching the race, woke up for last lap. Recommend this approach.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Russian Bear posted:

Fell asleep watching the race, woke up for last lap. Recommend this approach.

Carlos Sainz once again did the most interesting and exciting things during the race

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

spaceblancmange posted:

lol that everyone is a idiot loving moron

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

https://x.com/Max33Verstappen/status/1764570362761646155?s=20

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Wow.
Horner is seeing what it's like to be Donald Trump .
Hopefully both get revenge.
If this is a maneuver to get Horner out of his position at Redbull then the FIA has a much bigger problem on their hands then the original problem of some wamen being yelled at making their " sport " look bad.
It might be a piranha club but this I would think is a step too far if it comes together the way the speculators are talking.
Maybe making f-one go down the commie route wasn't the best idea.
🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.