Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

shyduck posted:

Neuralink posted an update showing the first patient controlling a mouse pointer with their mind to play a chess game. It does seem impressive but I honestly don't know if it's a milestone that's already been achieved in this field

It's been done before but only in a woke way

now it's been done in a way that's ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

UltraMegaPhil posted:

I can only apologize

I forgive you

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

shyduck posted:

he made the same joke again

a guy on reddit made a huge effortpost proving that dogedesigner is for all intents and purposes one of elon's employees and that he might actually even sometimes give elon access to the account itself. considering how often elon makes the same "hilarious" jokes over and over, this is almost certainly him personally tweeting on the account

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

shyduck posted:

Neuralink posted an update showing the first patient controlling a mouse pointer with their mind to play a chess game. It does seem impressive but I honestly don't know if it's a milestone that's already been achieved in this field

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature04970

quote:

Article
Published: 13 July 2006
Neuronal ensemble control of prosthetic devices by a human with tetraplegia

so about 20 years now?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Nature is pure evil.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

To be fair moving a mouse cursors is closer to 10 years.

https://www.washington.edu/news/2013/06/11/new-tasks-become-as-simple-as-waving-a-hand-with-brain-computer-interfaces/

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lmao perfect

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Elon immediately throws out the neuralink results and challenges the patient to a Polytopia battle instead

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

BORN TO SLOWLY MOVE CURSOR
LEMON IS A gently caress
Full Self Drive S3XY
I am musk man
410,757,864,530 DEAD MONKEYS

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Elon's new Neuralink-Tesla collab

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If you let the black player win the Neuralink chess game, the chip straight up euthanizes you

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDDEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDDEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDDEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDDEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

steinrokkan posted:

If you let the black player win the Neuralink chess game, the chip straight up euthanizes you

Just like the chips in kingsmen

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

...! posted:

a guy on reddit made a huge effortpost proving that dogedesigner is for all intents and purposes one of elon's employees and that he might actually even sometimes give elon access to the account itself. considering how often elon makes the same "hilarious" jokes over and over, this is almost certainly him personally tweeting on the account

People keep saying that account is actually elon and honestly I think the reality that it's just a guy simping hard for Elon is far sadder than that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Please don’t post animal torture

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's not Elon because simping that hard requires a level of effort that Elon is incapable of

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Thanks I didn’t actually read the paper

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

...! posted:

I'll never understand why half the users in this thread are so hellbent on the idea that everyone sucking up to Elon are actually his alts. Yes, Elon makes the same jokes over and over, so does Dogecoinguy. They are both extremely lame in similar ways.

How is this somehow such powerful proof of an alt that you go from "he might even sometimes give Elon access to the account" to "this is almost certainly him" in a single sentence? Especially since there isn't even a need for an alt here. Dogeguy is already simping harder for Elon than anyone currently alive on his own right now. Why would Elon even bother calling Dogeguy and tell him to log out so Elon can take over for a while so he can post the exact same stuff Doge would have posted on his own anyway?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

https://ologicinc.com/portfolio/star-wars-science-force-trainer/

This came out 15 years ago for $35

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

i don't like this

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

oh my God that's horrifying lol

That's what they're doing to the monkeys? yikesaroni

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

mobby_6kl posted:

Seems like Uber would want in on this horrorshow

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
No I don't think that's actually related to Neuralink, probably a much earlier experiment that popped up on google

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Please don't post photos or videos of animal abuse in this thread

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

UltraMegaPhil posted:

I can only apologize

Fuckin lmao

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

mobby_6kl posted:

technology company of despair

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

horny posting again

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

mobby_6kl posted:

Drives better than a Cybertruck.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Offler posted:

I'll never understand why half the users in this thread are so hellbent on the idea that everyone sucking up to Elon are actually his alts. Yes, Elon makes the same jokes over and over, so does Dogecoinguy. They are both extremely lame in similar ways.

How is this somehow such powerful proof of an alt that you go from "he might even sometimes give Elon access to the account" to "this is almost certainly him" in a single sentence? Especially since there isn't even a need for an alt here. Dogeguy is already simping harder for Elon than anyone currently alive on his own right now. Why would Elon even bother calling Dogeguy and tell him to log out so Elon can take over for a while so he can post the exact same stuff Doge would have posted on his own anyway?

The 2020s suck rear end. Let people have their fun

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Offler posted:

I'll never understand why half the users in this thread are so hellbent on the idea that everyone sucking up to Elon are actually his alts.

There was the one where he was pretending to be his infant son that was confirmed because he forgot to switch accounts.

The rest probably not, because there really are enough pathetic weirdos that will simp for Cissy SpaceX that you don't need to doubt their sincerity. See also: the trump supporters that always make weird photoshops/ai poo poo where trump is muscular and not bald.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

shyduck posted:

On top of the stuff already posted, there are also headsets that do this without needing to be surgically wired directly to your brain.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Offler posted:

There are a whole lot of sad losers in the world who are obsessed with wealthy and famous people. People will constantly obsessively post about their favorite brand/movie/actor/whatever the hell it is and very wealthy people have superfans the same as celebrities or whoever else does. Elon is a sad loser, but his army of stans are all even sadder losers who wish they could be him. Because that's how much they suck.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

The Grimace posted:

I can't find the words to properly express my hatred for Chaya Raichik. There's a special place in hell (or the void or whatever your religious creed or lack thereof advocates) for people so vile.

People like her make me hope for an actual afterlife with a punishment of some sort, because we're certainly not handling it well here in this life.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Offler posted:

Because a guy actually posted a shitload of proof that it almost certainly is sometimes him.

Read before you post

...!
Oct 5, 2003

We already know who the guy is and it's not Elon. But he almost certainly hands off the account to him sometimes. He's an employee

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

mobby_6kl posted:

new nine inch nails video looking terrible

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Elon logs out of his account and back into dogcoinguy's, painstakingly typing the password, posting another lame rear end don lemon dig, and then logging out.
That's what he does, everytime.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Neuralink more than anything makes me sure of the fact that Elon is just a male Elizabeth Holmes. More than the Mars stuff. Fanboys think they'll be playing World of Warcraft in phys ed or something stupid. You cannot alter the visual field with a brain chip. You can't even do something as basic as, say, add a red dot to the center of your vision. So in what way is Elon going to let people play video games in their mind with Neuralink? It isn't gonna happen because it cannot, yet Elon has no trouble reply guying "Coming soon" to stupid loving Neuralink memes. Who funds this stupid poo poo?

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Fools Infinite posted:

new nine inch nails video looking terrible

This is more like a 90s tool vid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

...! posted:

Because a guy actually posted a shitload of proof that it almost certainly is sometimes him.

Read before you post

You saying a guy on another site posted proof and then not even linking to it isn't proof