Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

davidspackage posted:

Oh God I would love to see the Green Knight starring Kermit

It's Not Easy Being Green (Knight)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

MacheteZombie posted:

I watched Lake Michigan Monster today, fun low budget comedy horror

I need to check that one out.

I recently watched the director's second film Hundreds of Beavers (2023) which is a wonderful live action cartoon that genuinely features hundreds of beavers. All of them played by dudes in mascot suits and when they're killed stuffing flies out and their eyes turn into X's.

It's basically a silent film. There isn't really any dialogue but the characters make various sounds and occasionally mumble a word or two.

It's not horror but it's fun.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

I recently watched the director's second film Hundreds of Beavers (2023) which is a wonderful live action cartoon that genuinely features hundreds of beavers. All of them played by dudes in mascot suits and when they're killed stuffing flies out and their eyes turn into X's.

It's basically a silent film. There isn't really any dialogue but the characters make various sounds and occasionally mumble a word or two.

this came through here recently and i hadn't heard of it at all, wish i had checked it out because i immediately after started hearing the word of mouth

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

MrMojok posted:

I know it’s not horror but reading what Kvlt! said, it sounds like a lot of Six Feet Under was pretty accurate.

One plotline I remember in the show was that their funeral home had a reservoir/tank underneath where all the bodily fluids from the cadavers were pumped into.

I think in the show this tank developed a leak or something, and obviously it was a real hazmat issue.

I assume the existence of such a tank in the show is also accurate?

Yes that's accurate!! A medical waste truck comes and empties it once a week. SFU takes a few liberties/innacuracies but in general is pretty accurate and a great show to boot. Diaz is my fav character bc he does what I do!!

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 10, 2024

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Federico was a great character. Hell, I thought all of ‘em were, really. I loved that show.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

they made a movie about monkey man the character from hey arnold

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Doltos posted:

Danny McBride and Jussy Smolett. Other than that they had good actors and actresses but the crew is pretty bland on unique personalities.

I remember James Franco getting roasted alive in the first 30 seconds

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Flames Bakeo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

God Hole posted:

I remember James Franco getting roasted alive in the first 30 seconds

he deserved it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the neomorph chase scene where the woman falls down like five times is incredible

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
She locks someone in for containment, doesn't let her out when the neomorph starts popping out of the dudes back, runs down the hallway, gets a gun, opens the door, takes forever to land a shot, gets chased, runs away, hurts herself, grabs another gun, fires at the neomorph missing over and over until she shoots a fuel tank to blow up the whole ship, and I'd probably do the same thing

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the neomorph chase scene where the woman falls down like five times is incredible

Ridley knew what he was doing

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the neomorphs were cool and should have been the sole monster

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

100000000% agreed. I love them. So much personality and they had a weird almost stop motion look to them which I dug.

If Ridley had his way he probably would’ve kept them as the main threat

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

It made me think of Gusti lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kvlt! posted:

wouldve been better if Danny McBride was playing Kenny Powers

Yeah but he would have kicked all the xenos' assess and the movie would have ended 20 min in

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Hundreds of Beavers was great, and I say that as someone who normally would find the vibes the trailer was putting out kinda obnoxious or would've assumed it ain't my thing if someone had tried to pitch it to me. It's like some weird Looney Tunes Guy Maddin videogame with a gag a second. Definitely recommend seeing it in theaters if you get the opportunity.
Didn't know they were behind Lake Michigan Monster, gonna have to check it out.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

MacheteZombie posted:

It made me think of Gusti lol

Thread title.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Xiahou Dun posted:

Thread title.

i second this motion and also move for Gusti to be thread mascot

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

You guys better be wearing your cozy woolen sweaters.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://x.com/blumhouse/status/1778210682670096853?s=46

Just what everyone wanted an all consuming Freddy universe.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

good for the kids

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1778215391833010654

New James McAvoy movie, looks pretty drat good.

(e): Oh apparently it's a remake of a recent Danish movie!

The Swamp Thing
Sep 11, 2001

It's the Evolution Revolution.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Yeah, and if you haven't seen the original Speak No Evil you'd better do so prior to seeing the remake. Its pretty drat good and there's no chance in hell that they aren't changes to the story, particularly the ending.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Got it on my list for May challenge in that case!

The month before the challenge threads are always so tough, gotta keep my powder dry.

Doltos posted:

The Danish movie is very uncomfortable and stressful

Sold, love a good Bad Time movie.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Blumhouse is the asylum with a trust fund

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Doltos posted:

This is generally true of Danish movies.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Just pulled the trigger on tickets to a midnight screening of Dawn of the Dead on Saturday. :getin:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

This looks like a trash remake for American audiences. None of the uncomfortableness of the original film.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
LMAO just panicked when I thought that I had agreed to do the May challenge thread then remembered that someone else is doing it.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Kvlt! posted:

an identity politics themed Australian horror comedy might be the most niche request i have ever seen and now im on the hunt to find one

I'm a week late, but Sissy (2022) is the nearest thing I've seen. Worked better as a horror movie than a social commentary.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
Aussie film wise, I just watched Death in Brunswick on Shudder and while it isn't a horror movie it is Sam Neill being poo poo at covering up a murder and Neilling out for just under two hours so I had a lot of fun.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

henkman posted:

Speaking thin skin, does anyone else think Hellraiser: Bloodline is one of the better Hellraiser sequels? It's not good but at least it was trying some different things, which is more than I can say for the others after Hellbound

Encyclopocalypse Publishing did come out with what's the screenplay of Hellraiser: Bloodlines before the studio got all meddly. It's pretty good and the screenplay goes into quite a bit. If anything, it makes the film we got look more sad and woeful.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the new godzilla v kong was complete garbage and im like 99% sure it was a marvel movie script that got scrapped and turned into a monsterverse movie.

it was only saved by Brian Tyree Henry who as always is delightful and manages to be genuinely funny without turning into an annoying quippy character. He was p much the only redeemable part of it.

seeing monkey man tomorrow which should be a much better monkey experience bc this monkey movie SUCKED

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 11, 2024

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Doltos posted:

didnt it come out like a year or two ago? Were they making the remake before they even released the original movie?

I'm not a huge fan of remakes in general but this trend of remaking movies that are a few years old is truly bizzare

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It’s not really that uncommon for them to spit out an English language remake real quick to just try and grab the audience the original won’t get while there’s still some buzz.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i suggest everyone wind down with a little horror movie to take the edge off. perhaps cabin in the woods.

is there cabin in the woods isn’t horror discourse?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kvlt! posted:

didnt it come out like a year or two ago? Were they making the remake before they even released the original movie?

I'm not a huge fan of remakes in general but this trend of remaking movies that are a few years old is truly bizzare

Yea it was like two years ago but I didn't watch it til sometime last year when I was on a nordic horror kick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Dead Space isn't horror, because I enjoy playing it, and I normally get way too stressed out by horror games