Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

asdf32 posted:

Random question, what do people use for calculators, graphs and especially algebraic solvers?

I just discovered Microsoft Mathematics and it's fantastic. But given that its years old I'm now wondering what else I've been missing. I've also long used wolfram alpha, but it can sometimes be hit or miss in terms of its willingness to solve your problem (and it's not super fast), though it's still the most complete solver I've found (it does laplace transforms and inverse laplace transforms and has many circuit tools etc). Is there anything else out there?

Mathmatics lets you leave things in symbolic form and do most of the manipulation that way. For example I started with a circuit and used it to simplify the S domain transfer function and find the roots all in symbolic form. A neat detail is that 'C1' is treated as C subscript 1 (as you can see in the picture) which is really well suited for circuits. At any point you can assign numeric values to C1 and re-evaluate to simplify or find the numeric solution. Or you can assign a symbolic expression to a variable as well, such as z1:=1/(s*c1).

Although it appears to run out of steam when you hit complex numbers. Although you can substitute s:=wi and i is seen as complex, it appears that it can't continue to find symbolic solutions in most cases when an i is involved. So I can't get the full symbolic representation of the gain/phase plots out of the transfer function.

I LOVE Mathcad 14. It has a slight learning curve for which equal signs do what but once you spend a few hours with it, it is easy and theres a good base of knowledge online. As a lazy mechanical engineer it is my best friend. In undergrad for those rare classes we got formula sheets or note cards I could have beautifully printed ones in very small font including worked out problems.

Keyboard shortcuts are very important.

I still use it every now and then in my professional life instead of writing a matlab script to solve some matrix or plot something. It looks quite a bit more advanced in capability than MS mathmatics.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
A few newbie questions about EMI:
If I can afford it, should I just go ahead and use shielded wire on everything?
Do I need to ground the aluminum wrap to something?
If so, if it okay if it all grounds to a metal table I'm working on?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Aurium posted:

I wouldn't bother, outside of analog signals in a very noisy environment (like audio when you hear stuff). It's slightly harder to work with/bulkier.

Grounding the wrap improves it's shielding immensely.

It'd be fine to connect it to the table.

In this case Ill be transmitting digital, receiving digital, doing computer things and possibly receiving analog audio. Its a test bed so all of these things are fairly closeish together (most <6" apart) and theres a possibility of cosite issues.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Aurium posted:

I can't tell you it definitely won't be an issue.

Digital typically doesn't need shielding until you get long runs or high speeds. It's also typically low current and doesn't generate much noise.

It won't hurt, it will add fiddlyness. My suspicion is that you won't need it, I can't really give any other pointers.

Appreciated. Is there some neat trick to grounding the wire wrap? Whats the conventional method of grounding the wrap? Just tape it to the table? Alligator clips? Electrically bond my enclosures to the table and ground the wrap to the housings?

Sorry for all the questions, suffice it to say its reasonable to expect this as an issue given the test requirements expected.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Aurium posted:

In many cables there's also a bare wire woven into the foil that you can solder to. Here's an example that someone in the CNC thread linked earlier. This is the easiest best way to do it.

Many connectors crimp to shielding in addition to being connected to the internal wires. This is nice for production, not so much for prototyping unless you already know tons of connectors in all their sizes, as well as having the appropriate crimpers.

After that, your other ideas would be fine.

Zuph posted:

You can buy solder sleeves with a lead-wire attached. Slip it over the insulation, hit it with a heat gun until the solder melts, and you've got a good ground connection.

http://www.digikey.com/products/en/...d=0&pageSize=25

You both rock. This is a huge area of concern for me based on reading past EMI test reports and it not being a thing I know much about. I'd rather it all be rock hard than deal with phantom issues during prototyping.

Murgos posted:

Are all the parts connected to the same power and ground? Also are you using single ended or differential signaling?

Ground yes, power it'll mix. Most stuff is 5VDC and everything will trace back to the same batteries or power supply, but there are a few DC-DC converters in the planned mix.

I am not sure to be honest, I am betting it will be a mix of both but I had to google what differential signaling was.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
It's ALWAYS the connectors.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

huhu posted:

Does anyone have experience seeking out a cheap-ish PCB manufacturer that's RoHS compliant? I currently have 10cm*10cm boards that I'm getting made for ~$2 each but they can't guarantee it's RoHS compliant so now I'm looking elsewhere.

WHy do you want it to be RoHS compliant?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Ok goons, I have a need for a ~36 volt power supply for a project, and I have two ways of doing it. One would be to get three 12V lead acid batteries in series and schlepping around 50 pounds of battery, the other choice is to do something like this to a Dewalt 40v battery pack. I'm leaning more toward the battery pack mod, just because eventually this project is going to need to be something you can easily carry.

On a scale of 'UL certified' to 'aboveground pool in the basement' how stupid is this mod?

There are also probably adjustable DC-DC converters you could just use the regular battery with so youre not fuckin around with anything.

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/GEREE-Conver...in%3A2888021011

Except rated for whatever you need.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Zero VGS posted:

I found some affordable 12v reversing fans I was searching for in an earlier post:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MV5S321

Now, they come with a two-wire switch circuit shown here:

If I click in the switch, the fan stops then reverses direction; if I click it again reverts to the normal direction.

So I need to figure out:

1) A circuit or a cheap off-the-shelf component to make a fan alternate between intake and exhaust every 60 seconds, looping forever.

2) An RF transmitting/receiving circuit so all the other fans are synchronized to what the primary fan is doing.

Any ideas on where I should be looking? Thanks for the help.

A few thousand ways to skin this cat. Cheapo cellphone that always runs + bluetooth relay comes to mind: http://www.tinyosshop.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=362

This can do the timing but not the synchronizing functions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK1UR7nTqlQ

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Malcolm XML posted:

So my house lights use an unencrypted u authenticated protocol to set dim levels

If I change house number to, say 10, I gently caress with my neighbors

They came with the house and are wired in with 433.92 MHz wireless controllers, and are considered pretty high end which means the wall switches cost 125 earth dollars to replace

Same.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Cyril Sneer posted:

Okay fun RF question that's been bugging me. See the following image:

http://imgur.com/a/qHPjn

I have a parallel plate capacitor driven at some frequency. Between the plates there are three thin conductors with the electrical lengths shown (consider these as three different scenarios - the conductors don't actually "see" each other). Assume the plates of the capacitor are far away from the conductors and the field is uniform.

Question: what is the current distribution along each of the conductors?

This is really tripping me up for some reason. Typically, the boundary condition imposed is that the current goes to zero at the end points. So, for example, for the quarter-wavelength conductor, that would mean you have two current nodes. But, as its a quarter-wavelength, it "should" have a node at one end and anti-node at the other. Basically, I'm having trouble squaring these two assumptions about the physics of the situation. Any help here would be most appreciated!

I dont know but I am very curious now. if you dont get an answer here maybe try the engineering thread in BFC: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3209369

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Brekelefuw posted:

I am etching brass/bronze/nickel silver using a 30V 10A adjustable DC power supply but I can't seem to get the amps anywhere near what people talk about using when they etch.

When I etch nickel silver, I etch at 15-20V and I get about .100-.200A.

When I etch brass or bronze at the same voltage I get roughly .040A and then it quickly drops to 0 and stops etching.
I can't for the life of my figure out why this happens, or how to get the amperage higher. I have the knobs for the power supply on full amperage.

I am using salt water with hydrogen peroxide as the electrolyte which is what most people use. I connect the positive lead to the workpiece, and the negative one to the handpiece that has an electrolyte soaked rag on it, the same way they do with professional marking machines.

Typically in tutorials, people talk about using anywhere from 2-24v with a 10A battery/car charger/power supply.

PS. With 15-24V at lets say 1A, will I die?

I've never etched anything before but what happens when you move the hand piece closer to the workpiece? Also, what is your salt concentration versus what industry uses?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Acid Reflux posted:

It actually does a pretty admirable job of protecting the surrounding components from stray solder bits and excessive direct heat, as long as you don't just mash the iron into it or point the air nozzle at it for long periods. It's also great for preventing the inevitable "oops" when you slip and smack your hot iron tip into an unidentifiable (and now missing) 0201 resistor or something.

Airplane nerd: It also conducts electricity when you burn it so, ya know, dont burn it.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Zero VGS posted:

eBay and such have a lot of off-the-shelf voltage regulators that step up/down from 5/24/36 volts to 12v and such, but i was wondering if anyone knew of an affordable, high-wattage (200-400w) voltage regulator that would take around 10-14v and bring it to exactly 12.0v ?

The tolerance probably isn't that great but a car battery voltage regulator will be rugged and its purpose is to do roughly that.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Trabant posted:

I think the answer is "eBay/AliExpress/disassemble a used monitor" but thought I'd ask:

I'm going down the path of making a briefcase to hold my Amiga emulator, a la this, because I'm a massive nostalgia dork. I need a display module that will ideally handle an HDMI input since that's the only signal my emulator device outputs, which in turn means I need a way to bring the audio signal out from the display to a pair of small speakers. Given that I'll be using it exclusively for Amiga game emulation, I'm not looking for some high-performance display and have zero need for touchscreen capabilities.

This guy would work well since it does HDMI and includes audio out, but it seems overpriced. Plus, I'd prefer something in the 13-15" range, which makes me think that my options are:

1) Cannibalize an old monitor which has either integrated speakers or (better yet) audio out
2) Try my luck with AliExpress items like this (which I know includes audio out because it's shown with speakers but has a massive bezel) or this (which should/might) or build-my-own combo of control board and display.

Is there an option I'm overlooking, or some parts source I just haven't thought of?

Thanks!

late edit: seller "oupin6" on eBay is probably the best single source I've found so far, e.g. this and many other items. Little confused by his warning though -- I have no idea how to parse this:

These exist, cost $5, and the crappy component video would be more nostalgic.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5Ft-HDMI-M...5.c100005.m1851

Devices also exist which still have HDMI outputs but split off RCA audio connections.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Stabby McDamage posted:

How do these work? These cables look passive, but isn't HDMI entirely digital?

I think this one is probably a bad idea as it requires whatever youre feeding in to to be able to figure out its digital instead of analog. Heres an HDMI 1.3 (not 1.4 apparently) converter for $8.50 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Compo...X0AAOSwjTlZf4dt

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

RedChesterfield posted:

I'm super loving green when it comes to wires and burns, but here goes. I want to use some spare pc case fans I've got kicking around for a non-pc project.

These are some lovely 12v 160mA fans I've got on hand. So, am I hosed in my understanding, or can I just find a 12v 1A power supply from my local pawn shop bin and splice/solder/knot a pair of these fans to that? In parallel to the salvaged plug so they get equal voltage? Am I going to burn down my house?

peepsalot posted:

Yeah if you wire them all in parallel, then as long as you supply the correct voltage, and your power supply is capable of outputting at least the sum of the load currents, it will work.

A pair (320mA total) is probably fine for a 1A wall wart.

If you were talking 5 or 6 I might say something like: No idea about those little fans but not turning them all on at once may be a good idea because of in rush currents. Without datasheets about the fans and the power supply can't say if it'd actually matter.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

johnnyonetime posted:

Will this be safe or will I end up with a high altitude fireball? :(

Im not sure what this question is actually asking. Are you asking:
1) Will LiPo batteries and my electronics live in X hour transition from sea level to XXkft altitude and temp from XX°F to Y°F? Answer: I have no idea, but you should test it on the ground with your freezer and a vacuum pump + ice.
2) Do I have enough power to run this setup? No idea, use a power supply or something to measure the current draw of everything and figure it out.
3) Can I use a DC-DC converter instead of batteries? Generally, yes, though again try them out int he environment you want to try.

I would also advise you to figure out redundant power.
Also, I'd be careful with your connectors on your components. Dont just trust stuff to stay together, use tape, solder, etc.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

johnnyonetime posted:

I've got big dessicant packs from work? I might put one or two in there for good measure. I'm doing this in Colorado and the relative humidity here is usually low but again, didn't think about that.

IMO you're better off protecting against the effects of condensation than trying to prevent it. Conformal coating exposed CCAs is my suggestion. Any of your consumer electronics, if still enclosed, are probably low risk.

That said, leave them in the freezer for 2 hours and then walk straight outside on a hot day. Does it work fine? Then youre probably fine.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
TLDR: any way to recover a computer from a lightning strike?

Backstory:
It looks like some very high voltage transients came through the ground wires of my house due to a close lightning strike killing a few services and setting off my smoke alarm and garage door light. All affected devices had ground connections.

It looks like the coaxial cable that I get internet through had the transient come through and it ate my cable modem and router. Any way to recover the router?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

TotalLossBrain posted:

It's possible that the router had a protective device on the input, like a metal oxide varistor. Those can be replaced or just be removed. But I'm not sure this type of protection is legally required in consumer level devices.

Edit:. However, as the poster above me points out, chances are high that other stuff fried even if there was a working protective device

I'm like 65% sure the transient came across the coaxial cable ground and into the modem/router that way. Seems unlikely they'd protect that route of coming in but what do I know. I'll probably tear it open just to take a peek whenever I'm around a harbor freight to get security screws.

I've actually done ESD testing before so I know the answer I just miss my semi fancy ASUS router.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
You need something on the interface of a heat sink and a part as surface area in direct contact is actually extremely low due to the surface roughness of both surfaces. Filling those gaps is a very important part of the solution. Thermal paste, thermal epoxy and thermal tape are all probably decent solutions. Their conductivity doesn’t matter much because they’re so thin, they just need to increase the surface area in contact.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
I moved into a new house with 6 bookshelves. I’d like to use them next to an electronics bench and store my various components, spare parts and in progress projects. Currently I use about 4 of the crappy waist height white plastic roll around bins.

I especially have hundreds of various cables I’d like to store better.

What’s your fav small parts and project storage that’d work with a bookshelf?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

kid sinister posted:

I always thought the toilet paper tube method of storing cables to be very clever. Doesn't work too well horizontally though.

I'd just go to the hardware store and get a couple plastic containers. See which size fits your shelves best, then buy a dozen and return the rest.

edit: and get some flat boxes with adjustable dividers for the really small stuff, like fishing tackle trays.

My problem with the plastic containers is appearance. They look fine in a garage but this is somewhere I spend hours per day making lovely posts, so I want it to look nice.

I just moved in to this new house this week and had fam for the holidays so pardon the irony of this looking bad but...I went to Ikea:

Those grey boxes are $6 and the wood ones are $20.

For the wood: I have a stain that matches the bookshelf pretty well so I think I might stain the wood one to match(ish) then paint or stain the boxes a dark color and add stainless finials.

For the grey: I'm using the boxes for different cable types, for example heres my audio/video cable box. I added a $5 Ikea insert to the box.

So my cable box cost me $11 and the grey doesn't match the wood great but its a huge improvement on my previous terrible boxes so I'll take it.

Ikea also has this which, if you're not trying to fill book cases, is probably a better option. Just combine with some plastic boxes and it'll still look nice.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jan 2, 2020

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

So what you're saying is, I now have an economic reason to buy a shaper origin?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Fender Anarchist posted:

I've got a stereo receiver (JVC RX 318) that's got fucky audio in both left channels. I'm suspecting a bad cap, but beyond that i have no idea what to look at; the board is some multilayer thing and i can't travel circuits to see where the traces from the speaker plugs go to. Is there a trusted repository of service manuals somewhere out there?

Google with different search term combos and filetype:pdf e.g. "JVC RX 318 filetype:pdf"

You may not find the right one, but you may find sites that you can manually look at that are a repository of such things.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Thats a cute project. Guessing the idea is that after a code review/tests the developer is rewarded by getting to PUSH THE BUTTON

Seems like it should be pretty easy.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
I just learned an important thing:

I knew that solder creeps at room temps but never thought about the fact that it will do that when screwed down to a terminal block. What I learned is that you should never fully tin a wire being screwed into a terminal block because it will creep and loosen. Just the bare minimum tip to keep the wire together. TMYK

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

insta posted:

If you have stranded wire, use ferrules. They're neato.

Yea I definitely should start. And I always could use a reason to buy another crimper.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

sharkytm posted:

I've had good luck with the cheap Chinese 4-jaw crimper for ferrules.

If you arent using a MIL-DTL-22520 qualified DMC AF8 on NAVAIR QPL listed ferrules don't even speak to me.

Just kidding this costs $22 shipped from the USA, comes with 1200 ferrules, goes down to 22AWG which is small enough to mostly cover the stuff I do.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 27, 2020

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

I need to get a good deal on one of those. (The AF-8, AFM-8, HX-4). I recently found out the AF-8 can crimp coax pins; no more soldering!

I have an HX-4 because I needed a big hex die for a project years ago. They can be dirt cheap on eBay. $100 for an AF8. Problem is finding the crimp barrels you need for anything other than the most common connectors.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

We've got the crimpers at work, but when there are three people crimping on two different projects on opposite ends of the shop, it gets to suck. Having an AFM8 of my own would be choice. That and whatever that environmental splice crimper is (for M81824/1-xx splices). I wonder if there's an HX-4 die...

fake edit: oh snap there is! Hmmm, might have to invest in one of these.

I bought my HX4 w/die for $40 on an eBay auction in ~2009

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Hypnolobster posted:

So, I want to switch a 30a, 110v normally open contactor with microswitches. Any single switch turns on the contactor, and they all have to be open to turn it off.

I'm assuming I could have a 12VDC system of several microswitches wired to a pair of busses, using a DC control/AC switch SSR to switch the coil side of a normal industrial contactor, right?

e: drawing at a 2nd grade level for some relative clarity

Yes. I like SSRs for stuff this because theyre usually optoisolated already.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Hypnolobster posted:

Followup, if I'm running the DC control wire a significant difference (like 50 feet), do I need to think about voltage drop/load on the DC side of the SSR? It's hard to find a spec for that, but I'm assuming that I could pretty easily use 20 gauge wire for the microswitches and just run the DC side at 24v or so and not have any problem.

Just test whether the relay turns on or not by putting however much your max run is or measuring the voltage at the end. That said, its easy to find an optoisolated SSR with a BIG input voltage range and almost no current draw. As an example this one has a 3 - 32V input range. Note that you can find big current SSRs and you should consider more than just static current rating (e.g. cooling, duty cycle, in rush current) when deciding how you want to turn on mains voltages.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Malcolm XML posted:

has anyone made a usb-pd based power supply

Yea
https://hackaday.com/2019/11/04/a-usb-c-bench-power-supply/

Hack a day has a filter on USB-PD projects
https://hackaday.com/tag/usb-pd/

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Dominoes posted:

I need to evaluate if this is more dangerous than I thought to both life and the electronics. Ie quick googling shows that wet environments or unlucky factors could turn 24v DC deadly. Don't have a good grasp of how parallel-chaining these lights (which alone don't use that much current) would affect things, and affect the wiring/relay/AC adapter reqs.

Like others have said, fuse it and enclose it properly and you’ll be fine. Car audio and lighting dudes are pushing 50+A at 12V regularly and they’re often really phenomenally dumb. Most don’t catch fire because there’s fuses throughout.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Dominoes posted:

Got another one. Do y'all have any advice on what relays to buy for controlling relatively low (<2amp) currents? I've read several guides on solid state vs mechanical. From what I gather, either will work for my purpose (relatively infrequent switching), although solid state may be more reliable over time due to fewer moving parts. Should I just pick an arbitrary cheap SSR with the right current max? How many feet should the SSR have? They seem to come in many varieties.

I'm using standalone boards off amazon that have the circuitry needed to plug directly into a signal line. However, they make loud clicks when actuating. I was planning on putting relays on the main board, but from what I find on Digikey and elsewhere, they're about the same price as the full relay modules off amazon, and it's not clear how I'd wire them. (Although I've found some guides). Ie: SSRs on Digikey. Mech relays on Digikey.
Relay board on Amazon. 8-relay full board for the price of 2 digikey relays. Could probably just use these instead of designing a custom one.

Relays actually should be derated based on the type of load. Check the link I posted below.

I really like solid state relays and since I mostly use relays for DC control of AC circuits, having built in optoisolation and a very low current draw to actuate the relay (e.g. can be actuated from an Arduino with little risk) is great.
That said, I've used one of the the USB controlled SainSmart mechanical relay boards off amazon and it was quite easy to control various motors and valves via USB. E.g. if you've got a python prorgam you want to do some stuff and youre prototyping, maybe go that route.

I strongly recommend taking a look at this, particularly page 4, to get an understanding about some fundamentals of relays. https://omronfs.omron.com/en_US/ecb/products/pdf/precautions_ssr.pdf

Dominoes posted:

Peristaltic and submersible pumps. ~1/2 A. (And those daisy-chain lights which I'm dodging for now)
It has helpful charts for understanding that a 0.5A motor is much harder on relays than 0.5A through a resistor:

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Ambrose Burnside posted:

something like a simple green-type gentle degreaser work as a substitute? I've had a nose out for IPA at the grocery store/pharmacy for weeks and havent been able to snag a single bottle

No. You should use IPA to clean electronics, specifically the 99.9% stuff.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 1, 2020

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

I came here to post https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq968AFgPhg, which I got from Hackaday today.

This is fantastic. Never thought of the sections of copper method. He makes it look so easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

taqueso posted:

Free 130nm chip fab service for your open source design
https://fossi-foundation.org/2020/06/30/skywater-pdk
https://github.com/google/skywater-pdk
I'm going to make the 666 timer

Its funny to think that this both gets them very good will points among super dedicated electrical engineers AND is hilariously cheaper than recruiting if they were to ever use the list of people who actually make chips to recruit from.