Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

ireladd posted:

I threw in an order this morning, because even though it says "out of stock" they are accepting back orders, so I'm assuming there will be another batch added soon.

Just got my 'Your LEGO Order has Shipped' email for the 41999 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition V46 that I ordered when it was out of stock online. Currently has a non working FexEx tracking number. The mini mech figure that they threw in for my order was shipped separately and is already on its way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Got home to the Fed Ex guy about to take my 41999 to the front office. The box looks super nice and feels like it's filled to the brim with parts. I'm pretty excited.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Just put in an order for $500 worth of lego. :(
Why are the loving technic sets so expensive?

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Finished this build today, twas my third RC set. Pretty drat huge.
Was hoping for more complicated gear stuff though :(

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Lego updated the inventory quantities and now everything is showing as available rather than out of stock.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
42040 Fire plane
42042 Crawler crane
42043 Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245

Not sure if I have room for all of these :(

The 2015 Lego City space shuttle and the Creator Jet Fighter look great too.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
i knew it was coming but i wasn't prepared. I'm out of places in my apartment where I can really put something that big on display :(

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Sending 300 lego points to get 334 lego points :haw:

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't see that mini-figure promotion for the US store, where are you seeing that?

Nvm: something about North America at a later date. Oh well.

w00tazn fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 20, 2015

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If this thread were to buy any of the current sub-$100 Star Wars sets, what would it be? I haven't bought any Lego since The Milano last September.

75081 T-16 Skyhopper was a cool build and is larger than I expected

Man another high profile sealed set in which I have to order a replacement part because somehow they didn't put enough in the bag :(
This time I had to cannibalize a 4211536 from my Exo Suit in order to continue building this UCS Tie Fighter.
Last time i had to take a gear from another technic set :(

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Lego email says the Power Jet is available now!
69.99 though =(

Spaceport is also out, why so expensive?! It's like almost 20cents a piece.

w00tazn fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 19, 2015

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Trip Report: 31039 Blue Power Jet is a fun build and is super swooshable

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
edit: bad gateway = doublepost

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
What's with that guy's crazy blinking. Is he trying to communicate via his eyes in morse code?

Either way the F40 is an instant buy for me, especially at a $90 MSRP for that many peices.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Seems like US is getting the all the leftover 2015 technics officially tomorrow including the 2H sets

Now to debate over whether or not I really want the Arocs or the 24 Hours Race Car or the Crawler Crane.

I'll probably pick up the fire plane and the street motorcycle for sure though.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Wall-E is now officially on sale @ shop.lego

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004

Pyroclastic posted:

The 'fixed' part is supposed to be the base hinge of the neck. The US versions apparently used parts from Mexico, and they weren't up to spec, so they couldn't support the weight of the head. AFAIK, Lego's said nothing about a fix for the head swivel. I should do a scan of the fan sites; someone's probably come up with a fix for that by now.

http://chrismcveigh.com/lego_mod_guides_2015/wall-e_head_mount.pdf

This is Mc Veigh's fix although it's more of a rebuild with how many additional parts you need.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
So I happened to be in a mall that had a lego store in the same location as my client's office...

JFC is that ghostbusters firehouse box huge.

I ended up mulling around for like 5 minutes before pulling the trigger and walking out with it. (took 3 straps)

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
These guys have some neat ideas regarding lighting lego.
https://www.brickstuff.com/

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Those new Technic sets blow the current 2016 Technic sets out of the water. Holy crap.

I'm still waffling on getting the late 2015 sets which may or may not be out of print now. :(

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Is that 911, June 1 in the USA also? Shut up and take my money.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
If they're delaying it because of that instruction flaw then gently caress you lego. Announce that poo poo sooner so I'm not up hitting F5 at midnight :(

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Most reports on the 24 hours car have been negative, with what I heard included some illegal or questionable build steps. Or maybe I'm just reading into people not liking the color/aero.

I bought one and I'm currently working through the B-Set and it's been pretty good. I also think the B-Set looks much better than the lemans car.

w00tazn fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 1, 2016

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
So i finished the 42039 24 Hours Race Car B set and BOY IS THERE A LOT OF EXTRA PIECES.
I don't having this many leftovers the last time I built a B set... like it could be 100+ "pieces"

Hummer thing looks great tho.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004

quote:

We’re really sorry to keep you waiting for your LEGO® Technic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

We try really hard to make sure every LEGO set arrives in perfect condition and we’ve recently discovered that some boxes for the LEGO Technic Porsche are being damaged during shipping. We want to make sure LEGO fans ordering this set have the best experience, so we’ve decided to delay sending the sets until we’ve fixed the problem. Our teams are now working hard to improve the packaging and we plan to start sending out orders again in August.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Went to the store and walked out with the Porche and the Beetle. Wondering which one I should start first

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I'm keenly interested in a trip report regarding the Super Star Destroyer.
I'm willing to pay MSRP for an official one, but gently caress paying crazy amounts of markup for used sets.

I already have plenty of official Lego to offset my guilt. The SSD is kind of a white whale for me.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I'd buy a few of these for shocks/wheels for your trike:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dec...2676761045.html

You'll probably need a race car or something like this for suspension / draftshaft / differentials
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dec...07-e37f729a315d

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004

Zero VGS posted:

Thank you, I pulled the trigger and bought two of the dirtbike and one of the F1 racer, cost me $82 with free shipping on AliExpress, plus TopCashBack.com was giving 7% back for the site, and another 2% on my CitiBank DoubleCash... comes out to 3 cents a brick.

Also, any insight into what kind of kit the guy in those videos was using for motorizing and remote control steering? I'm assuming it might be better to actually go LEGO for the electromechanical stuff.

Edit:

I remember I used to have one of these bad boys as a kid, the 9v battery box and motor with pneumatic pump, not sure if there's a more modern version that is better/cheaper?: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201653795601

It looks like he's using two Power Functions XL Motors
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Power-Functions-XL-Motor-8882?fromListing=listing

A Power Functions Servo
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Power-Functions-Servo-Motor-88004?fromListing=listing

A Power Functions Rechargable Battery Box (There are other cheaper boxes)
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Power-Functions-Rechargeable-Battery-Box-8878?fromListing=listing

And Two Power Functions IR Receivers
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Power-Functions-IR-Receiver-8884

Not sure what he's using to control the IR but it's probably two of these: (one for servo/stearing and one for acceleration)
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Power-Functions-IR-Remote-Control-8885?fromListing=listing

I think most of these other than the Battery box was included in the latest flagship RC set:
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Remote-Controlled-VOLVO-L350F-Wheel-Loader-42030?fromListing=listing

TremorX posted:

What are the cheapest kits those Differential housings come with? My son and I keep wanting to build our own custom Mindstorms program-driven race-car robots and we keep trying to build diffs out of what we have but they're not very practical.

I think the Formula Off-Roader is the cheapest current technic set that has a differential housing included
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Formula-Off-Roader-42037?fromListing=listing
https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=42037-1

I did a search on amazon and there are few "differential kits" that look like they're cheap.
Even parting it out shouldn't be that expensive.

w00tazn fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 2, 2016

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004

jeff8472 posted:

SSD update: Stopped at building internal frame. Lepin only gave me the top sections of all the hinges. 22 blue and 6 black. Guess i will have to bricklink some replacements

Man I still want an SSD. hinges don't seem like they're that expensive.
Wonder if you just got unlucky with your vendor selection.

Also every report I've read would've packed it in an unmarked box with lose bags and not your bubble wrapped messed.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
How easy / hard / risky is it to order stuff from China?

I've been debating this Super star destroyer more and more and any hurdles on the store front side may steer me away from it.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
The new lego ideas results are out and of the nine sets only the Fishing Store passed muster... RIP Johnny Five & BB-8

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
How tall is that next to the Ghostbusters Firehouse?

Man do i dare get into the modular scene?

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I wonder what's making the Apollo take so long. Guess they have a lot of options on how to package it and how much playability it needs.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Last few releases lego really dropped the ball on the midnight launch.

Lots of staying up past 12 before shop@home updated. :(

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
That RC tracked car is screaming for a tank modification.

I have enough motorized technic sets from 2014+ that I could probably take some stuff apart and build a kickass tank with working turret aiming.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

I thought I was out... then I saw the Lego Y-Wing coming in 2017. :gonk:

Man you got me excited that it was going to be a UCS, but nope :(.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I build a lot of Technic and Lego seems to always forget to include a gear or something. Like I've had 4 sets where I had to stop or scavenge a gear from another set in order to finish while I waited for Lego to ship me one.

Gears are important! Also they never include extras.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Mentioned last night that the set my gf is building was missing the stickers. Well it turns out it has an extra piece beyond the normal extra pieces. I mean an extra piece that doesn't even belong in the set. One of the dogs from the friends sets is in there. Very strange.

E: turns out it does go in the set. There is one picture at the back where it is just sitting there in the pic. It's not shown anywhere else. What a weird set. Note: it's the BBT set. The one with a whole set of kitchen stuff with no kitchen or place to put the items. And 4 pens with spots for 2. And a dog. No dog on the show. This set is bad and makes no sense.

Ideas sets don't have stickers.

Pens and knicknacks are always things that lego ships extras for.. unless the parts manifest says 4 pens.
The set itself is not the "house" but the camera stage where they film the show, dog is a production dog or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I'd buy it just for the loving box with wheels on it.

They had to give me like 2 extra straps when i bought the Ghost Busters Firehouse and they still didn't hold up.