Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm pretty happy that I missed the era of having children that need giant tube TVs and then a full desktop computer with CRT and when I have kids they'll just care about their phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

GreenNight posted:

That was me, I was that kid with a huge 32" CRT TV and a 19" CRT monitor in my bedroom.

Oh I was too. Add a giant cd boom box above the TV and it's incredible how much poo poo was packed into my room growing up.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Phanatic posted:

Man, good guess. 16th and Sansom.

Hah, I work at 13th ans Sansom.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Phanatic posted:

If it's Double Knot, I have reservations on Monday.

I'm a UX Designer but Double Knot coffee is a staple for many of my coworkers.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Maybe he figures if you can easily see every bolt he used you will assume it's well built.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Our friends were actually on House Hunters. I can't remember if they said their real budget, I think they did. However they filmed the show after they had already closed on their house and the hunt was just completely made up.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You should be happy you have a free squatty potty.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

canyoneer posted:

It's this designer/contractor couple

We all know Chip and Jo come on.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah it can add some nice subtle texture. I really like the look of it here:

Then there's some truly stupid applications...

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My wife and I had a 700 sq ft 1 bed 1 bath and after a year she couldn't live in that small of a space anymore.

So we bought a 3200 sq ft 3 bed 2.5 bath with a bunch of other rooms but the layout is a little funky because one secion of the house is from the 1750s, another section from the 1800s, and the back section ( our kitchen) is from the 1940s.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I grew up in a house with 1 bathroom and I will never be denied a poop in the house I live in again.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Once I asked a contractor if he could break up his prices in line items and he just never got back to me. I reckon he just didn't want to do a $1k job at all.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I have a pair of boxer briefs in my glove box...

I swear it was just for when I forgot a pair in my gym bag.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Doctor Butts posted:

Attached garages are the bees knees. I don't know many people who actually use their detached garage for storing a car. It's used as a shed/workshop.

Detached garages are a pain in the rear end if you have your car inside because it is that much further you have to shovel/snowblow in the winter to get to your car out of the driveway. Oh and you have to walk through snow just to get to your shovel/snowblower.

Eh I still have to walk to / shovel / plow my path from my house to my car I'd take a detached for never having to clean the car off.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Somehow my 250 year old house had all the knob and tube replaced, however the majority of our house seems to be cloth wiring without a ground (which didn't stop the PO from installing three pronged outlets).

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Jaded Burnout posted:

If it doesn't say LIVE LAUGH LOVE I don't give a poo poo.

So a friend's brother just posted images of their new house...

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

He looks great in the wedding portrait the TV cuts off.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

This is a new build so you don't have to worry about any level of sympathy.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Get an Instapot and stop using your appliances.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I would kill to have documentation on my house but then again it would probably be more like "the pipe behind this drywall was leaking but we wanted to sell so we just patched the ceiling" and probably "this didn't have a permit".

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I picked up a little remote outlet like that for a lamp that's on the other side of my bedroom, great purchase.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah but if you need a pot you can just grab one from the ceiling. Win/win

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Talk to a buddy I know named Cosmo Kramer about high pressure shower heads.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Is there a DIY thread for small projects/questions? I need to set up a punching bag of the sort that hangs from the ceiling but have no idea how to go about doing it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2734407

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Ruflux posted:

There's a dish brush and soap for dishes there, which suggests it's a kitchen.

Not really, it only suggest they might clean dishes off wherever that is. Could be a secondary eating area, that could be neat on my patio where sometimes i need to wash off a dish that had raw meat on it to put the cooked meat back onto.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

While the things you say are plausible, but Occam's Razor and being aware of general human ignorance tells me that's used as a kitchen sink.

I mean, yeah, but, ... sigh you’re right.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It seems like they were trying to go for the look of old stucco revealing masonry underneath and well... ended up with that.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I hope the electrical was hanging out above it the whole time too.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I'm not walking over to my trash or bringing my trash over to my sink to empty out a little gross mesh thing. Goons these days.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

e: Where is your trash anyway :confused:

Well our garbage bin is way too big to fit under a cabinet, not that there's space there anway. However, the trash is on one end of the wall and the sink is on the other, so against the wall is:

Base Cabinets|Sink|Base Cabinets|Stove|Base Cabinets|Trash

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I want that basement bar.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Now I'm in the mood for warm weather and the Mullica Hill wine tasting festival.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I need to be able to plug in my air fryer from any location in the kitchen.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

I can't go into a house without noticing lovely drywall seamspassion.

Same but my own house

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The lines are like problem 4 or 5 with that house.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

JoshGuitar posted:

and hope and pray the rest of the house doesn't look like that.

Oh sweet child

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh man being anti sunroof because of failures is such a goon thing. I have a panoramic moonroof and it's awesome, especially on a Summer night. Off the top of my head I can't even think of anyone in my family that doesn't have one.

If you don't like them then whatever, that's fine, don't get one. If you are paranoid about it failing but you really like them, it will be fine.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 8, 2018

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You don't have sunny nights? You need to move asap.

Typo for Summer night, maybe I got auto-corrected to that somehow.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Cars can break you guys really shouldn't buy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Don't worry my 1700s farmhouse is drafty enough to make up for everyone else's failures.