Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Bam and everyone else with that powerup end up blitzing through the next few dozen floors. Cause after having the power of a billion angry souls it just becomes a Disgaea in terms of scope.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Banana Farm. This is the best koreon web comic.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Sarcophallus posted:

I feel like the stuff with the Kaiser is leading toward a new Baam harem member.

Few people can resist his boyish looks, especially when he was in his Viole Grace disguise.:syoon:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

You don't beat pyramid schemes with economic know-how (being a regular) you beat them with top-down regulation (being an irregular).

Jokes aside this is pretty much the only way any form of change in the Tower is going to happen. The powers that be are thoroughly corrupt and have the best gear, skills, resources and man power to enforce their rule. They are perfectly fine with the status quo, so why bother with making things better for everyone, when the masses, and potential usurpers, are too busy climbing over each other to see that the system is to blame.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

One of the most powerful weapons in Tower of God is a finger puppet.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I am disappointed in that traveller, he didn't even activate LSD frog's ultimate ability "get out" and "get in"

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Baam unlike other protags that cater to edgy sexist 14 year olds has dignity, oh and actually can look handsome.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

This is why having a support group and a loving environment is something that is healthy and needed.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wait was the pun of making her name sound out "Raw Hell" intentional?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

"I only watch the news." Karaka that is low even for you.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Two Tone Shoes posted:

The beneficent, high status floor 20 you were talking about was literally a massive super slum loan shark menagerie. We were introduced to the story with a giant murder battle royal situation. Mortality is high, success is low. Most people don't pass any given test! The overarching theme of the whole story is Baam struggling against a system that rewards people stepping over and throwing away those close to them for personal success (getting pretty real here).

I suppose they do gloss over a lot of easy, no terrible poo poo floors by just beating the challenge and moving up over the course of a couple of panels and the bad is magnified, but still.

No wonder why I love Tower of God so much on a personal level. This entire comic is a glorious piss take on all those lovely Xianxia novels that glorify the lovely system that is Jahad's rule. All I need is an arc where Khun humiliates a Xianxia protag shitbird and I'll be set for life.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Having more Rak would make a great Rak moment. I feel like at this rate Rak doesn't have what it takes to continue hanging out with Baam.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

I'm starting to think that 90% of the bad feelings people have about Irregulars are because of Mazino.

And the last words Hell Joe said to Mazino was telling Mazino to piss off with his worthless shonen speech bs and that Mazino will never understand what it's like to be powerless. And then Hell Joe got his soul nommed.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 19, 2017

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Two Tone Shoes posted:

List of irregulars who came after the current government:

Dude who slaughtered a bunch of super powerful people and just loving vanished

Dude who killed A GOD and just loving vanished

Apparently an abusive pervert

An abusive pervert who is literally untouchable by anyone in the Tower. Which actually makes him even more awful, because he's a person. The other two are basically videogame avatars and super murdered gods just 'cause, Mazino has a personality, and that personality is just terrible at helping the little man.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

nimby posted:

Baam might not want to fight White with his full power, because he might be risking the souls by using his black holes.

if only baam was a petty narcissistic hedonistic demigod like so many chinese web novel main characters

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

TheDemon posted:

A fitting consequence for White's greed.

I honestly felt bad for him. He finally thought he got a shot and learned to be more humble and aware of his limitations, only to get shut down again in a clear demonstration of how little he is in comparison to the gods that are the Ten Family heads.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

So Basically Rachel has a Stand. It poses, and even has a menacing sound effect.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Don't you just hate it when the DM is constantly you for trying to beat his encounters creatively?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

And to think I felt bad for White when he couldn’t even hope to run away from a Family Head.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Gods I missed Black March. What a flirt.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hot drat that was a good arc. I can hardly wait for the upcoming conflicts that will shake up the whole Tower.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yes even more ancient badasses. I eagerly await the upcoming clusterfuck.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yama went Super Saiyan I am so for this.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

So many particle effects.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Everything is happening. Maybe we’ll even have early arc characters like when Baam was Viole Grace show up.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

honestly am interested in what happens next. I did have some trouble following the battle, it became just colors of red and purple

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'm not entirely sure what's going on but the artwork is spectacular.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Dante80 posted:

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-109/

Long-rear end chapter this time. Quite cool story too.

When I click on the link, it says that page doesn't exist.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Why furry as the translation choice?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

That's a very nice shirt.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Glad Rachel back. Time to see what new levels of hell she'll make.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I can follow this plot.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Oh hell he got muscle now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Things seemed to have changed ever since it no one bothers to link the update anymore. Will try to reread at a later date.