Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
if you play as a lady and marry a man and want babies, do you get pregnant? does your sprite change? most importantly, do you lose a day of farming to poop out the baby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Uncle Wemus posted:

Hunting for the last few artifacts is a nightmare. Need one from fishing and the rest from worms. God i hate fishing.

I'm trying to wrap up the last few achievements I want on my first file before starting with a new farm and I don't think I can handle artifact hunting any longer. Hurry up and poo poo out a second baby, Sam.

gently caress the bus stop and gently caress the beach and gently caress the desert, just give me my loving bones and fossils

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The time for revenge has arrived at last.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mzbundifund posted:

I modded my game to add artifacts to the omni geode treasure list for this very reason.

Have a link to this mod? The artifact rate is just dumb at this point.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress you Pierre

how dare you hate corn you piece of poo poo

bonus:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Giant Boy Detective posted:

If you marry Sam, does he still hang out with Sebastian for band practice in his old room on Saturdays? Or does Sebastian hilariously just hang out in Sam's old room alone?

Sebastian just shows up alone and it's really weird.

Mzbundifund posted:

I got the mod off the mod Nexus but it hadn't been updated for 1.1. I figured out how to update it myself though.

Here's a link to the updated mod in my dropbox. Just overwrite the file in Steam/SteamApps/common/Stardew Valley/Content/Data with this one.

You'll know it installed correctly if the tooltip for omni geodes says they contain artifacts. The mod moves all the minerals from omni geodes over to magma geodes, so you can still get all the minerals.

Standard disclaimer about don't blame me if you accidentally delete all your files etc etc etc

Thanks!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

StrixNebulosa posted:

Okay, I gotta ask: who are the boring choices for marriage?

if you want the opposite of boredom, go for Maru, whose 10 heart event is the single best scene in the entire game.

But add Penny to the list of boring candidates, she's awful

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MacheteZombie posted:

If I miss one during this winter I have to wait until year 5 to get one of the 2 recipes I'm still missing. The other one will come in the mail once I get Kent more hearts, iirc.

Kent only sends me bombs in the mail :smith:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Alxprit posted:

I made a decent amount of profit from selling Coffee Beans after I had upped my stack to about 400. Certainly more than the 2500G I spent to get my first one. It's something to do in Spring at least, and it helps you not worry about some of your spaces in Summer.

My Fall's going all right. Not focusing on Cranberries at the moment, but I do have a couple. Most of the focus is on Pumpkins and the Wild Seeds I get from seed makering the Common Mushrooms from my cave. Also growing ingredients for cooking, of course. Also also hoping that the Jack-o-Lantern is the last thing I need to craft before I get that achievement. That'd be nice.

You can look in your save file with a text editor to see what crafts you're missing, but I think it might be glitched if you started in 1.0 and are still playing in 1.1. I kept track of all the crafts and my file accurately tracked it as well, but when i crafted Fall Seeds, my last one, it didn't give me the achievement and didn't increase the number in the save file.

However, it WAS tracking it somehow, because my actual problem was that I forgot the aging cask was a new craftable item, and when I built that, I got the achievement.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mzbundifund posted:

I haven't messed with huts yet, do junimos just move through fences and obstructions?

I think the only obstruction they move through is trellises, for hops or beans and the like.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Legs Benedict posted:

Also once I've filled out the community center is there a reason to keep goats? They don't seem like much of an $$-maker

imo there really isn't any reason to keep any animals after filling the community center.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I did the two damage boosters on my first play through and it was fine but I am excited to try out Desperado just for a change in my new file.

Also no dumb babies.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I ruined Pierre's Christmas and dropped from max hearts. :getin:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
is there a better tune in the game than "Cloth" in the mines? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUJuWlK-yEs

I posit: no

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rutibex posted:

I think you will find that "The Lava Dwellers" and "Tropicala" are superior. But serioously though, the soundtrack for this game is amazing and I love every song (and often listen to them when I'm not playing, they are all very chill)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM_-jldP2Nwhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7sDUAALYSM

if I'm going for a season theme, I prefer Raven's Descent in the fall, but fall is also my favorite season in-game and out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idOmc35hlhU

but for reals the whole soundtrack is so dang good.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I guess I'll be nice to Pierre. He has a hard life.

Oh, how nice, that got me over 5,000 gold. What could I possibly do with that?

gently caress PIERRE FOREVER

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Captain Invictus posted:

Here's another fun bug! I got the stardrop from the museum, right? It goes into your inventory.

I was curious so I went to see if I could sell it. Clicking my selling box on my farm opens my menu and triggers the Stardrop cutscene! Except it's still in my inventory. And my Iridium Hoe is now gone. I ate my Iridium Hoe instead.

Then switching to the Stardrop to see if I can eat it again triggers the cutscene again, and now I have 542 energy instead of the 508 when the first cutscene triggered.

This happened to me too. When you wake up the next day your hoe will be back, the Mayor sneaks into your house and puts it in bed with you.

I ate my Return Scepter instead of the Hoe though.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Managed to get a gold-quality purple mushroom from the mines in time for the Luau in the first year. Free love without having to actually talk to people!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Trast posted:

Planting winter seeds can actually be really profitable.

And when they all die on Spring 1 you don't have to do any tilling!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
somebody make a mod that swaps Pure Evil Pierre with Misunderstood Morris

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
First file, I didn't see a void egg until 1.1 put them in Krobus' inventory. New file, the traveler's cart had one the first Friday of the game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Sam is the best spouse, you literally get to gently caress him in his childhood bedroom while his mom listens outside the door

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Guigui posted:

That was my thought - save up enough to unlock the bus, and then buy a crapload of seeds from Sandy...

I thought about it again, and I think it cannot be done. Even if I forgo the backpack, I still have to buy the bouquet from Pierre if I want to marry someone. Crud. Pierre really has a monopoly on this town. That means I won't be able to rely on random gifts from husband or wife to help fulfill the harvesting and quality bundles...

Unless Krobus or the travelling merchant sell the bouquet?

Basically, I want to see if I cancommuni complete the communit

I think it's pretty doable and you can probably allow yourself the backpack and bouquets from Pierre just for the sake of your own sanity. The bus is just money and the greenhouse is just foraging + construction, and there's a possibility you get lucky with the travelling merchant and get an early Crocus + Snow Yam for the winter bundle (Winter Root and Crystal Fruit are easy in the mines) to get the Greenhouse up before Winter even hits.

The only thing I can think of that might be trouble is unlocking the ability to pay for the bus - you have to complete four bundles to do that so you'll want to be early active with foraging and fishing, which shouldn't be uncommon especially since fishing can be incredibly lucrative early-game. I'd say take the Forest farm for mixed seeds, since Riverlands farm is nice but you don't have to travel all that far to get to the actual fishing destinations (aside from woodskip but you're probably not completing that bundle early without access to the desert for the Sandfish).

This actually sounds super fun.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
in terms of skills for this run....

Farming: Who cares. Probably animals if you want early-game help and are looking at animals, but neither crops nor animals are going to be your big moneymakers there
Mining: Also probably a personal preference, I love having crazy ore early myself
Foraging: Botanist unless you want to try making wood profitable for early money???
Fishing: absolutely money increase
Combat: Anything but Acrobat or Defender

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
But what does he think of Pierre?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

a7m2 posted:

i play with an xbox controller and it's really chill although probably not as efficient (i don't care)

Same, the only things I wish I could do without the keyboard are buy items 5 at a time and grab half of a stack from inventory, and it's not like I'm far away from the keyboard to do just that.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sono posted:

Say what now? What's the key for these?

I think it's a combo of shifts and right clicks, I'm having trouble thinking about it for sure without being in front of the game. :)

I believe to buy five items at a time you hold shift and left click (or if you hold shift and hold right click it just keeps buying a ton of them until you let go). To grab half of a stack in a chest, you hold shift and right-click.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Needs more Fairy Rose for your bees.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
what do the junimos do if they encounter a giant crop?

edit: I mean this graphically as well as in a gameplay manner. it'd be adorable if they had to work together to break it apart.

Poque fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 15, 2016

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I want to do a weird playstyle, but I can't decide if I want to do No-Joja-no-Pierre or go complete Pig apocalypse just to see what happens.

all of this is moot since Pokemon comes out tomorrow but they both sound like entertaining options.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

I befriended you all month for this loving recipe and YOU FORGET TO ATTACH IT YOU OLD gently caress

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
A friend of mine used the time stop menu glitch to go crazy with fishing and got the Iridium Rod by Spring 6 and caught the Legend by Spring 15. :psyduck:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I wish you could plant bushes. I want to do the regular map and turn it into a giant hedge maze.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The game is saving you from marrying Penny, the Worst Spouse

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://www.fangamer.com/products/stardew-valley-guidebook

This is cute as gently caress and perfectly timed for the holidays.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I would marry Morris before I married Penny, the worst human who has ever existed

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

TurnipFritter posted:

Marry the adventurer's guild guy then go fight the Gotoro Empire

I like that you can make Kent talk about how the Gotoro Empire used to give them Joja Cola as some kind of torture mechanism in their prison camps.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Sam is hot take that back

:lumpen:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I just keep two cows around and stockpile peppers for Pepper Poppers

that said when summer rolls around I am going to be drowning in coffee beans and hops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Epic High Five posted:

Hops are a good ROI but are a pain to harvest

as in real life, hot peppers are numero uno

Junimo slaves erryday