Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Rarity posted:

This person has clearly not been watching New Japan cause they've been talking about AEW regularly

Didn't someone say, pretty explicitly, "I want to fight Kenny Omega, New Japan, hurry up and make a deal already"? Or am I imagining this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

God I love people who lean into their singular moment of fame super hard and are having a good time doing it :allears:

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

I too belive that a strategy built around trying to get the literal muiltibillionaire family to run out of money is totally going to work.

The whole concept of this strategy is predicated on the idea that Tony is so stupid he can't help but hire everyone WWE releases for cash that AEW doesn't have coming in. What if he just... doesn't?

e;fb

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Davros1 posted:

His gimmick was he was a computer hacker.

I want TH2's gimmick to be that they're hackers and to use WatchDogs style aesthetic and then use this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naPzeIYT_TA

And they'd be really good at dancing to it and wearing those weird neon masks and black light responsive clothing and poo poo

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

I don't want to check, but I'm guessing these guys all have extreme praise for NXT in their post histories

We have always been at war with Full Sail

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Is there something deep in the human mind where we just decide to become a peasant for whatever feudal king that we identify the most with that got transferred over to Billionaires?

yes

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Who's Ryan Satin again? *checks his twitter*

Ahh, he's on the take. Got it.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

heel turn posted:

The original tweet from last year is about Kenny having a competitive match with Alan Angels, who kicked out of a v-trigger, instead of just squashing him

but he never beats anyone with one v-trigger, in the rare cases where he pins someone with it it's like at least three in a row

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Venomous posted:

lmao @ their avatar

they couldn't even think of a half-decent pun lmaoooo

poo poo Elite Wrestling doesn't even read right. I'd like to offer some alternatives:

- All Conceit Wrestling
- All Defeat Wrestling
- All Effete Wrestling
- All Reheat Wrestling (this is a burn on them using WWE guys)
- All Retreat Wrestling

Any of these could've worked, but I do like 'All Effete Wrestling' the best.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

I'd be interested to know what the broad mainstream awareness of Roman Reigns is. I feel like going to the mall and surveying people.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

I guess it would help that at least Roman gets to keep a family name. Imagine going down to the mall and just yelling "OTIS!" (And somebody probably saying "Yeah, do I know you?")

In a long list of dumbass things WWE does constantly, taking people's last names away is honestly one of the dumbest to me. NO SURNAMES ALLOWED. WE'RE MAKING MOVIES.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

collocation posted:

Additionally, for initials, SJAEW

Tony Khucks

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

MJeff posted:

I dont watch Dark because it doesn't exist and I had zero trouble understanding Fuego's stuff.

He's a dude who's not signed and he wants to be signed, what the gently caress else is there to get?

It's also not like Fuego hasn't been on TV at all, he's been in these random segments where he gets his rear end kicked by Andrade et al. Any other gaps that needed filling should've been filled by seeing his win loss record and hearing the crowd reaction to everything.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

The concern trolling in this thread is astonishing

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

I just realized this is the spot they were talking about, he took a normal front bump

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Jon Moxley, Seth Rollins, and The Miz are all around six foot one or two inches.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

luchadornado posted:

Edit: without hopping into the questions thread where is that phrase from?

I'm pretty sure it was first said by Kevin Nash about WCW's Cruiserweight division.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Instead of AEWSexuals, "eliterates"

like, illiterates

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

It's like, OK, everyone does talk about WWE when they come to AEW, but AEW's strength is as a place where you can decide to talk about what you want and be real, and surprise surprise, everyone who leaves that insane abusive hell cult has some poo poo to say about it. What're you gonna do?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

How are they still doing dumb stuff with this guy? How has he not gone back to bagging groceries yet?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

ok but nia jax doesn't have the record any of those guys have of not actually injuring people

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

A big part of why I like wrestling is because it's violence but people get actually harmed as little as possible while still keeping it exciting

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Really the writing should've been on the wall as soon as John Cena humiliated The Nexus

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

I kinda had the thought of "they should've spaced out these debuts" too but if everyone is paying attention to this show because of CM Punk's debut match then putting the debuts here should get them all excited and give you a better chance of retaining them

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Changing jobs to get a better life for yourself is BETRAYAL

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Q_res posted:

Ruby wins via DQ, it's a bit of a cheap out, but Hayter doesn't really lose and you avoid booking Ruby to lose twice.

I would rather see: Britt gets Rebel to interfere, despite Jamie not really needing it, the interference distracts Jamie more than it hurts Ruby, leading to Ruby winning but Jamie having an excuse that pushes the Britt v Jamie storyline forward.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

God forbid they don't beat every feud into the ground with a rematch on every week's show for months

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Lamuella posted:

God, Jon Moxley must cry himself to sleep at night with how he's booked. Wrestling whoever he wants, doing the G1 any time he likes, alternating matches against New Japan legends with a feud with Nick Gage. He must long for the Bane jacket, the gas mask, and the butt injections.

He was the top champ for about a year, only got pushed just under that so Kenny Omega of all people could have a reign, only ever loses by screwjob, gets to wrestle all the talent from New Japan he asks for, wins all his matches...

All after the alternative was The Crowd is Stinky and maybe he would win one of the cursed midcard belts if he was lucky.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

nobody cares about these dumb wrestlers from japan aew will never get over with just new japan talent

THEY DISRESPECTED THE LEGEND OF MINORU SUZUKI

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Could the second, racist definition here be what was meant?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bringo

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Shard posted:

What if I love AEW and don't care about NXT?

I will straight up admit I have an anti-WWE bias, I don't care, I still enjoy professional wrestling

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Shard posted:

BTW I hate people going after "casuals". That's not a real thing. If you watch wrestling and start to like it you are no longer a casual fan. You're just a fan. And if you're a fan who stops watching you don't go back to casual. You just aren't a fan anymore.

It's like saying "AEW actually sucks because I mean how many unicorns have they gotten to start tuning in?"

Especially in 2021. The effects of cultural diffusion are such that everyone can get an unlimited amount of what they like. Nobody channel surfs any more, nobody flicks past a wrestling show and it catches their eye for a moment and they decide to keep watching. The wrestling audience is wrestling fans. If you want to expand that audience you have to make more wrestling fans, not appeal to the mythical casuals.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

WWE is simple, easy to consume entertainment. It doesn't require a cult like passion, or for you to watch YouTube shows and follow international promotions to know whats going on.

It only requires a minimum of five hours a week of TV viewing time, seven to include NXT, etc.

edit: oh i shouldn't have doubleposted sorry

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

lol

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

This is one of those that really activates my nerd genes, makes me want to point out every stupid wrong thing that was said here in a giant post nobody will read any of

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

https://twitter.com/CounselorTejada/status/1442672847864877057

They're not stars and AEW isn't succeeding until someone gets a shampoo endorsement gig.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Yeah... you might want to rethink turning to Japan for non-racism. I was watching Documental, I think season 2? And one of the comedians is a black guy, and holy poo poo the way he was treated

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

I keep reading it as promo-anarchist

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

https://twitter.com/Mrpaulfox/status/1445566682395656200

Ads don't matter. In the TV business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

I'm stuck on "fake matches". You do know they're all fake...?