Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Hmm. I've just been invited to a 'FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD' movie marathon.

"Square Enix will be screening a selection of classic movies in which gifted young people must endure the horrors of battle and survive in the deadliest of circumstances."

1pm – The Hunger Games
3:30pm – Tomorrow, When the War Began
6pm – The Faculty
8pm – Battle Royale

Pretty crummy lineup tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Was definitely expecting Tomorrow, When the War Began to be 50s Brit sci-fi and not whatever this is

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Flunchy posted:

"Square Enix will be screening a selection of classic movies in which gifted young people must endure the horrors of battle and survive in the deadliest of circumstances."

1pm – The Hunger Games
6pm – The Faculty
8pm – Battle Royale

Go at 6pm, Faculty and Battle Royale are legit

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm super loving hungry and also mad that Richard didn't make me the overlord of this little hellhole. Someone feed me.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

morestuff posted:

Was definitely expecting Tomorrow, When the War Began to be 50s Brit sci-fi and not whatever this is

Yeah, for a 2010 movie based (of course) on a book from '93 the title is golden age SF as gently caress.

It also sounds boring as hell, the synopsis I read basically paints it as "red dawn, but Aussies and aliens instead of the US and Russia"

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Go at 6pm, Faculty and Battle Royale are legit

I've seen them both before and I doubt the experience will be improved by sharing a room with a bunch of unwashed Final Fantasy nerds.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know how The Cobbler ends. The reviews say the ending just takes what little good will someone might have for the movie and throws it out the window and that makes me curious (though not curious enough to want to actually see it obviously). I suspect it's something like it turns out the entire movie has been his grandfather or father or whatever relative is missing living his life through the Adam Sandler characters shoes or some bullshit but I just want to know just how bad it is.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I've been watching Kamen Rider W from the beginning because some dude retimed the good subs to go with pretty new 720p bluray rips and this is easily the best show. Most Riders just have a motorcycle. This show has a rider who turns into a motorcycle. That's clean and rad and powerful.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

This is a promotional picture that makes me want to see a movie

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

morestuff posted:

This is a promotional picture that makes me want to see a movie

At first glance I thought that was Taylor Swift.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

no, it's Ed Harris

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

gently caress, I'm crying at work, like a lot :qq:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Millennium hand and shrimp. :(

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Vargo posted:

gently caress. Terry Pratchett died.

Just heard this too. Really an incredible dude and one of my favorite authors.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

:(

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Me too. It's uncanny.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

He was practically the only author I read when I was younger.

I wonder if it's true he passed down Discworld writing duties to Rhianna.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Last night'd Sunny was so good, gently caress. I've watched it twice already. "The only thing I can tell from this blood is that your friend is in deseperate need of more blood."

Unrelated YTotD, a fun documentary about weird inventions, stunts, and gizmos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaVwqraUKxA

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Mr. Flunchy posted:

It's the crown and the eyebrows, I think. I do love me some Mila Jovovich, though. When was the last time she was in anything without zombies?

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

The MSJ posted:

He was practically the only author I read when I was younger.

I wonder if it's true he passed down Discworld writing duties to Rhianna.

Yeah he gave her the option of continuing it if she wants to. No obligation though as far as I've heard.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Finally saw John Wick. It had some fun set pieces and great choreography, but everything else was clumsy as hell. I'm still not really sold on Reeves as an action hero, to be honest.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Millennium hand and shrimp. :(

Bugrit!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So as far as notable deaths this year, we have Monty Oum (if you want to count him), Leonard Nimoy, Harris Wittels, Sam Simon, and now Terry Pratchett.

Seems to be pointing at nerdy creative types. Please for the love of God let this not be the year we lose Stan Lee. :smith:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I'm not sure which of the two hosed up my high school writing style more, Terry Pratchett or Douglas Adams, but neither deserved to die so early.

edit

mr. stefan posted:

I feel this post deserves more appreciation.

Magic Hate Ball fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 12, 2015

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Clickhole continues being amazing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LORD OF BUTT posted:

So as far as notable deaths this year, we have Monty Oum (if you want to count him), Leonard Nimoy, Harris Wittels, Sam Simon, and now Terry Pratchett.

Seems to be pointing at nerdy creative types. Please for the love of God let this not be the year we lose Stan Lee. :smith:

Monty Oum doesn't loving count, what the hell

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

This was recent favorite

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I'm not sure which of the two hosed up my high school writing style more, Terry Pratchett or Douglas Adams, but neither deserved to die so early.

edit

Bravo!

Unrelated: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/government-jobs-data-agrees-hollywood-is-even-more-sexist-than-the-real-workforce/

I wish I could remember which director it was being interviewed, but there was a great nugget of detail they gave about needed to specifically instruct casting people to get crowds of roughly 50/50 men and women. Otherwise the groups of extras would default to 80% dudes.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Maarak posted:

Unrelated: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/government-jobs-data-agrees-hollywood-is-even-more-sexist-than-the-real-workforce/

I wish I could remember which director it was being interviewed, but there was a great nugget of detail they gave about needed to specifically instruct casting people to get crowds of roughly 50/50 men and women. Otherwise the groups of extras would default to 80% dudes.

I remember they did a study where they grouped together, like, a hundred people or something, and if 17 of them were women, the men regarded this as being equal, and if there were 33 women, the men perceived this as being more women than men.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

penismightier posted:

Last night'd Sunny was so good, gently caress. I've watched it twice already. "The only thing I can tell from this blood is that your friend is in deseperate need of more blood."

Unrelated YTotD, a fun documentary about weird inventions, stunts, and gizmos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaVwqraUKxA

This documentary is great.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Short of the Day
Pioneer
https://vimeo.com/18441243
Warning: I haven't seen this in years so it might not be as good as I remember.

This is one that I saw all the way back in 2011 and have periodically searched for online until I forgot about it. Now it appears to finally be there. I'm posting this before rewatching it but I remember this being really drat good so watch it.

Edit: it's still good.

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 12, 2015

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My DVR didn't record last night's Sunny! And On Demand does not have it!

Woe is me.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
That bartender one is one of those irrationally irritating movie things for me. Every time I see a male bartender in a film, part of me wonders when's the last time I've seen a male bartender.

Unrelated fashionchat: I just realized that I'm wearing a blue flannel shirt, a blue shirt, and bluejeans. I hate when that happens.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
fashionchat I'm wearing a punk band tee and shorts and slip-on Vans and I'm oging to go see THe Lazarus Effect because why not and I just trimmed my mohawk so I'm looking punk rock as hell. I almost wish it would get cold again so I could wear my leather jacket.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
On the latest Always Sunny, is the music played near the end from Batman Returns?!

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Honest Thief posted:

On the latest Always Sunny, is the music played near the end from Batman Returns?!

This piece?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVpl-RNzdE4

It was probably in there, it's a famous classical standard. They also snuck the Alfred Hitchcock Presents theme song in there.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Edit. Whoops.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Mr. Flunchy posted:

1pm – The Hunger Games
6pm – The Faculty
8pm – Battle Royale

Needs more Red Dawn, tbh.

Literally The Worst posted:

fashionchat I'm wearing a punk band tee and shorts and slip-on Vans and I'm oging to go see THe Lazarus Effect because why not and I just trimmed my mohawk so I'm looking punk rock as hell. I almost wish it would get cold again so I could wear my leather jacket.

The most dickeye post.

Fashionchat: I'm wearing bright blue sweatpants and a XXL Threadless shirt from when I was a fat high schooler. Because I'm not going anywhere today, or in life generally. Yesterday, I wore an extremely 80s bomber jacket I bought at a thrift store recently.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I'm wearing slacks and a collared shirt, and looking out my office window at an American flag and a water tower. I may go see Chappie later, but first: spreadsheets

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
I'm wearing a suit because later I have to go schmooze drunk, rich people into buying $50 raffle tickets.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I'm wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a hoodie, just like I have every day for the last 6 months or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
i'm playing video games in my underwear.

• Locked thread