Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Mirko mentioning that the Nomus woke up after being zapped with electricity kind of pointing a huge glowing sign in one direction here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Big fan of Bakugo just instantly knowing what Deku is going to do and just shooting along with him to blow people up.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I still don't really know what the quirk singularity is supposed to be because of unofficial scans

With every generation quirks get stronger and stronger. Eventually there will be a quirk like Thirteens where a 5 year old kid opens a black hole that they cant control and destroys the planet.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Shigaraki and Deku have a fight so devastating that all the people in the world agree to mass produce the quirk destroying bullets and eliminate quirks from the world entirely.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Did Ryuko get dusted? It looked like Shigaraki put his entire hand on her tail

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Are the public about to see how strong Midoriya is for the first time here? With the news helicopter filming it I think this would be the first time the wider public would see what he can do outside of the sports festival?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

SKULL.GIF posted:

My best guess is he's using Bakugo's flaming explosion to power his own punch. I think we'll have to wait until the official version comes out in two days to see a readable version.

Thats what it looked like to me, Bakugo's already worked out his attacks cant do enough damage on his own so hes changed tactic to power up Endeavour. In the next few chapters i'm certain we're going to get Bakugo and Deku hitting Shigiraki really hard, together.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think we all know that Momo will weaken him enough that through Kirishima will be able to headbutt him so hard Gigantomachia snaps out of his sole focus to get to Shigaraki and is sufficiently entertained by Minas breakdancing that he just stops and has a sit down for a bit.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Can't believe we've got to wait 2 weeks to see how bad Momo will fail.

Maybe they'll cut back to Shigiraki and it can all be resolved off screen?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

oh jay posted:

I'm still waiting for a way to watch it in English without leaving the safety of my home.

I was figuring there would be a blu ray release by now but i guess covid shut everything like that down?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
You think Deku is going to go ssj again? That might be an interesting prelude to the final fight if it takes deku at 100% to stop him. Obviously without eri that would leave Deku crippled while gigantomachia escapes with shigaraki.

Idk would be a reasonable way to end the fight without either of them 'losing'

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Thats a chapter.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They're clearly setting up an Eri thing here right? Deku has blown his arms off and Shigiraki is falling to pieces. This is a great way to setup a 'pause' since both would have to recover and give a time for everyone to breathe.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its interesting the amount of people that have actually read Attack on Titan vs the people who have read a few blogs on it in here.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Farg posted:

Loving these spoilers, really excited to see if it's going where I think it's going

:eyepop:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Fabricated posted:

Horikoshi's author comment this week is apparently him apologizing for all the breaks, but it's apparently because he's drawing a bunch of stuff that is going to be revealed at some point rather than him dying.

Mirko spinoff.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Raposa posted:

I figure this quirk heals him or others but takes years off his lifespan, like Luffy getting the healing treatment in Impel Down. You know, the power up with no real stakes involved, just 'consequences' down the line.

Its gonna activate but he wont have any control like with Black whip, and end up sucking the life out of Lida or something equally tragic.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Is it to much to ask that I just want to see Deku punch someone so hard they explode into mist?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
But the most important question of all, if Deku DID punch someone into red mist, who would it be?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Dabis the best villain.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
No seriously Dabi is 100% the best villain in this show. What a ludicrous last line. Its amazing.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The MHA universe is channelling Nolans Batman wheras Dabi is Adam West.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mystic Mongol posted:

X-Men has a concept called Omega Mutants, which is when you describe someone's mutant power like normal, but then shout "Without limits!" into a echo synthesizer. Basically everyone has been written as an omega mutant at least once by now. Omega Shadowcat steals hearts out of people's chests, performs surgery with her bare hands to resurrect the dead, and can phase out of this dimension into other dimensions basically at will. She's one of the best hackers on the planet. Also she's a ninja and better at fighting than Wolverine?

Don't forget the pet dragon thats actually an alien.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

RatHat posted:

Spoilers

The story with Touya's death seems to be that Endeavor recklessly taught him Prominence burn at an early age. Then he went into Endeavor's fireproof training room and used it without supervision. All that was found was a burnt jaw bone so they assumed he was dead. Also Endeavor tried for another Ice/Fire kid after Touya(which was Fuyumi) but when it didn't happen he decided to focus on Touya since he had more firepower than Endeavor(but not the body to handle it).
Anyway Dabi's video shows a DNA test to prove he's Endeavor's son and he shows a video of Hawks killing Twice, and he says Hawks killed Best Jeanist. It's also confirmed Hawks' dad was a villain. Endeavor is frozen in shock and Dabi jumps down at him but is stopped by a wire as Best Jeanist finally arrives.

This is the content I crave.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

RatHat posted:

It’s also about how Endeavor pushed him to become a hero despite his frail body.

No different to All Might giving Deku One for All.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mountaineer posted:

That's very different. Deku wanted to be a hero already, and his grueling training was entirely voluntary.

And o was Dabi's for all we actually know until it went overboard. All Might gave the ultimate power in this universe to a boy so weak his body shatters every time he uses it.The difference with Deku is he had magic to fix his body when he tried to use all his power way too early. Who's to say that Recovery Girl/Eri couldn't have fixed Dabi if he had them available.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 13, 2020

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
This either goes one of two ways for me. The Villains get away without much more conflict and the world 'see's that the hero society has been in effect defeated.

Or the fight continues and Deku comes back into it and he gets the expectations of the country put on his shoulders.

Both options would be very interesting story wise.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Reconsidering the whole 'this might be the end' thing with this tbf.

I always thought Mirio would be a final absolute in the 'everyones about to be killed' ace in the hole trump card that theyd have Eri pull back. However if hes back & Best Jeanist it kind of ruins the return of both of them. Idk

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Carlosologist posted:

Wouldn’t it be perfect for Overhaul’s master plan with the bullets to have ended up half asses and incomplete like everything else about him? I think that’s the most likely path here, that the effect of the bullet wore off after a few months

Okay but real talk seeing Lemillion back in action got me to well up a bit

The most recent panel of Eri has her horn almost invisible, just like after the fight with Overhaul. Looks liker her power was either used or went off on its own again. I imagine we'll see that soon.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 29, 2020

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
lmfao at Deku being able to use blackwhip from anywhere

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

A thousand doujin artists just picked up their pens

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Viridiant posted:

As much as I've been enjoying it something about this entire plot does feel off to me. It kinda feels like at some point Horikoshi's plans for the manga were massively changed and he's now doing a bunch of things he was saving for closer to the actual finale. I have no real basis for this outside of this just having that feel to it.

I feel the same. I was half expecting a restored All Might to show up to go with all the other rear end pulls we've gotten recently.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
New speedscans:

https://ww6.readmha.com/chapter/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-294/

I'd ask what are they going to pull out their rear end for next week but, well.....

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Vigilante stuff I guess

Who says Kamino was round 2? It could have been round 24 for all we know.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
All Might is the best character

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I just want to see Uraraka shoryuken someone to the moon.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Feels like there's about a years worth of story that just got cut. Part of the reason it felt so weird that Best Jeanist came back just to be immediately over shadowed by Mirio getting his powers back of screen. Really felt like there was an arc in the works that just vanished there.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I always just figured that Eri and Mirio had more of a story to tell. Just mindless fanboying I suppose but I kind of figured that All for One would come for her one day or some other villain that learns about her from Chisaki in Tartarus. Maybe even Chisaki himself and its just ya boy Mirio there doing the powerless hero thing again and all of a sudden its POWERRRRRR. Late enough in the story that both of them can't really affect the main conflict too badly with how utterly broken their powersets are but with a big enough payoff that it rewards the consistent attention we've had on them since the Overhaul arc.

I liked the last arc, but it really felt like the accelerator pedal got pushed to the floor on the story halfway through it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Couldnt they just juice Overhaul up with the power boost drug? I could be wrong but didnt that drug make quirks change slightly? The big guy who fought Ryuko being able to drain energy without touching anyone when his quirk meant he had to normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
This will be over by the end of the year at this rate.