Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's kinda weird that he is wearing his mask, think he would try to keep a low profile. Maybe he has a messed mouth.

Wait, does he know there is a hero after him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

Part of me is really hoping Horikoshi doesn't go and watch Logan and get any ideas.

Spoiler for someone that doesn't plan to see it?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man Logan sounds like a ride, but yeah I'll go see it.

Am I good going in not remembering much from the other movies?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Am I reading Overhual's quirk right? It sounds like a better version of Shigaraki's.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hell same

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Radish posted:

I can't remember has he hurt himself using OfA after the Muscular fight? I agree that him hurting himself is bad and All Might all but encouraging him to do it (especially at the sporting event) was a mark of him being a bad teacher but it feels like the comic acknowledged that although maybe not as strongly as it should.

I don't think so, but also think he hasn't been in a fight like that since then. Muscular is a beefy dude and someone like him hasn't shown up to fight Deku.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I do like that they are together becuase they had the same idea of heroically jumping in front of the attack.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

I can read it. Guess it's US only.

I'm in the US and I can't read it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mr. Fowl posted:

The peace and quiet should have clued them in that something was wrong long before this point.

They asked about that, but no one thought literally when someone said he was sleeping like a log.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I actually stopped reading for a moment becuase I thought Mirio was just telling them his ability like he was a character from Bleach and then it turned out to be a quirk.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mordaedil posted:

People said the same goddamn thing about Ging's dad from HxH, but he did eventually show up (also would have been a good time to end the series tbqh)

I hope Deku's dad shows up at some point, but that it serves a purpose.

I also hope he is a huge loveable geek.

Just making sure you mean Gon? Reading HxH right now and it would be the funniest poo poo if Gon is hunting his father who is actually hunting his father.

Also I feel Ging shows up pretty early, like 2 arcs in. I mean Gon doesn't see him, but we see him riding a monster that's riding an even bigger monster.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Countblanc posted:

i sorta hate powerless superheroes who just rely on tech because it tends to lead to stuff like them actually being hyper-qualified and versatile in the same way magic users in a lot of tabletop roleplaying games are - they can do anything, they just do it with technology. it's like how old superman kept having powers invented constantly but everyone realized that's bullshit and uninteresting, but for some reason people look the other way with the tech archetype. i guess it's more realistic for someone to invent a contraption that emulates a new power versus spontaneously mutating one, but it isn't any more interesting from a narrative perspective.

if mirio becomes a quirkless hero I hope tech has nothing to do with it.

Thankfully I don't see him becoming a tech based hero, his quirk didn't increase his natural abilities it just gave him another dimension for fighting and movement. He could probably still take out the entire 1A class.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I could see Eri being like that Nurse that would fix Deku everytime he would gently caress his body with OfA can't remember her name.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I can see that happening but I would hope not. Him becoming permanently damaged by One for All has been an interesting facet of the story and his character and removing it would be crappy.

Not in that kind of way, I mean just working in a hospital since healing quirks are super rare, I only added in the part about Deku becuase I can't remember the Nurse's name and that's kind of the only way I remember her by.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They should let Gentle and LaBrava attend the culture festival and he can record himself and LaBrava having a good time with Deku, Eri, and everyone else.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just delete all of the expandables except for dude Kirishima fights since I can't remember anyone else.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

He got candy apple residue on his finger and was trying to get it off.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I remember having a theory for the sugar guy being the traitor, but I can't remember it anymore or even remember why I thought he was.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

On a positive note with the poll Tokoyami being 13 is perfect. Him being #4 would also be acceptable.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Radish posted:

"No comment"

ARE THEY??

I'm kinda hoping that Wash got in the top 10 just because he's in some dumbass commercial which hit all the lowest common denominator notes and got popular.

The Meme Hero, Wash.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't why, but I really like the panel of Tokoyami sneezing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mulderman posted:

What's wrong with Endeaver being redeemed?
As long as it happens in a natural and believable way I have no issue with it.
I'm way more interested in the story of a flawed man working to make up for his past mistakes than having him just being a jerk.

The biggest worry is Todoroki saying "You were the coolest dad" after Endeavor dies and there's no buildup to it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nephthys posted:

If Hawks is legit then he's one of the most genuinely heroic 'heroes' around and is pretty much the best one other than All Might we've seen. In a world where being a hero is a job he's the only one who wants to make himself essentially unemployed. Also his 'lol I'm super lazy and chill' shtick is clearly bullshit, this guy flew around the country to check out rumors. IMO everything he's done has reinforced that he's extremely smart, hard working and competent and his public face is an act.

On the other hand I'm really drat suspicious of the timing here. The Noumu just happens to show up right now after he bought Endeavor there. I know this is 'Convenient Timing: The Manga', but come on.

Hawks just spent the whole time casually helping people I don't think it would be too hard to track them down and follow them. Didn't help he was taking selfies with a fan.

Or the Noumu could have some sort tracking quirk and could be a sentient heat seeking missle.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

All Might is gonna look so loving weird in that game's style.

I feel like the style would fit him better than everyone else shown so far.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The eyepatch is going to give Endeavor the character development needed to make him a good character just like Raiden in Revengeance and Apollo in Ace Attorney 5.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Did the goofy bonus comic get posted?

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/188/1/page/1

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Holy poo poo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

You said the same thing twice. What?

They are basically saying it could go either way next week.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Lord of Hats posted:

My personal guess for Spinner's power is that he actually *can* learn skills from video games. So his prep for snagging Overhaul was straight-up jamming a bunch of GTA, which he unfortunately kind of sucks at. It's also why he used a ridiculous megasword, and was surprisingly really good at throwing a knife.

He's a great background character, you can really tell exactly what kind of loser he is.

I like this idea a lot.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SgtSteel91 posted:

Actually it raises a question if all of the previous users were Quirkless as well, or if they had a Quirk before getting OfA

It's going to turn out they have quirks but they are all really lame quirks.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viridiant posted:

Mei please invent an invisible outfit for Toru I am very worried about her getting through the winter.

The boots are new, I think, she'll be fine.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hunt11 posted:

I just want Monoma to have to work together with Class A and watch him squirm.

He's going to be key in taking down the traitor.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thank you

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Overhaul got a longer mask so he's obviously compensating for something at this point.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Man, Endeavor just gets more and more Heihachi with each appearance.

Endeavor absolutely threw one of his kids into a volcano.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kild posted:

Hunter x Hunter, Beelzebub

Is the Beelzebub anime good?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The only thing I want to know is if Live Action All Might will still have his shading.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

For the best honestly.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Replace Momo with Mushroom Girl.

kidcoelacanth posted:

loving blown away by Manga's casual look

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Momo is going to dropout so she can use her powers to smash capitalism.