Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Lol what the heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

*wants the cutest couple to end up together*

'Ugh loving toxic anime fans!'

but sapphire isn't involved in the couple at all?

where's sapphires loveline kyoan?? WHERE IS IT

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Sapphire has sisterly love, Frozen-style.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

but sapphire isn't involved in the couple at all?

where's sapphires loveline kyoan?? WHERE IS IT

I haven't read the books but I predict she meets a nice guy who is also named a color.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think this turned out pretty okay.

ultimatemegax
Feb 20, 2006

Damn Kiva symbols....

Fangz posted:

That's, uh, really vague.

EDIT: I mean, wading into a discussion with 'SOME OF YOU ARE WRONG' is kinda unhelpful.

It's really vague because "eww, something I read about the novels is disgusting" is also, uh, really vague.

Here's my best guess as to what is "disgusting" (hint, it's actually common, even here in the West).

People are upset because Reina has a crush on Taki in the novels. Does he reciprocate? No. He had a wife that died 5 years ago who went to North Uji when she was in high school when they went to Nationals years ago due to Taki's father's teachings. The school didn't win gold during her time, so she wanted them to win gold at Nationals at least once. This inspired Taki, once he finally got the chance (the previous mentor is on leave due to having a baby), to go to North Uji and lead them to Nationals.

Wow, that sounds so disgusting it deserves a reaction like "Also if some of the book spoilers I've read are true I'm drat glad they changed it because ugh."

Also, everyone on the internet is so upset because "Kumiko confesses to Shuichi." Nope. In the very last short in the 4th volume, a collection of shorts, Shuichi confesses to her on pg 266, which is a short from his POV. Kumiko leans in and suddenly acknowledges that she likes him too on pg 268, the one page image that's going around. Given literally everything else in all three novels prior where we're given Kumiko's POV, there's nothing that hints that she has any feelings for him more than friendship outside one vague line in the epilogue for novel 3 that can be explained by a misunderstanding (Asuka walked in before Shuichi could confess in v3 when he gave her a hair decoration she wore in the epilogue). Given the back cover text, it's likely Takeda was pushed to write that as an editiorial decision more than her own desire.

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I haven't read the books but I predict she meets a nice guy who is also named a color.

Sapphire is there to geek out about music and concert/marching bands. Nothing more.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so we were fed vague and inaccurate info about a book that isn't in English

thanks for the clarification

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's a it better than the spoilers I read, yes.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
From that description it doesn't sound like there was anything especially irksome about it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

From that description it doesn't sound like there was anything especially irksome about it.

ultimatemegax posted:

Sapphire is there to geek out about music and concert/marching bands. Nothing more.

???

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I mean the "student has crush on teacher" part that I assume is the part people were up in arms about apparently. Idk how you figured I was talking about Saphire.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

ViggyNash posted:

I mean the "student has crush on teacher" part that I assume is the part people were up in arms about apparently. Idk how you figured I was talking about Saphire.

In the first spoilers that cropped up, "student has crush on teacher" was "student ends up in a relationship with teacher", and that is what people were up in arms about.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Student ending up in a relationship with a teacher would have been an interesting turn but idk what show people were watching and saw the first 6 episodes and could think that that was the direction they would be taking.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mikl posted:

In the first spoilers that cropped up, "student has crush on teacher" was "student ends up in a relationship with teacher", and that is what people were up in arms about.

I assumed something got exaggerated somewhere along the line, and that sounds about right.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

cause it was a dumb joke dude

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thanks for clarifying but that still means that the girls dont kiss and so i am still mad

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

ultimatemegax posted:

It's really vague because "eww, something I read about the novels is disgusting" is also, uh, really vague.

Alright, thanks for that. That's actually reassuring because it seems quite reasonable to change towards an anime-original ending.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sapphire X Contrabass OTP

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

aers posted:

https://twitter.com/eupho_not_lily/with_replies

This person is very mad about KyoAni's plot changes.

The rage on MAL is also hilarious.

quote:

Always before watching each anime, especially those who have a female MC, and several meminas, i researching on various websites, read various summary, LN and extra materials. to see if contains yuri, or relationship between same sex, if have such I ignore the anime, and do not start watching.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lol that guy is really mad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

lol that guy is really mad

Science checks out.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
yuri delirium

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Doesn't that summarise most of Ikuhara's shows?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Royal couple in fact and law

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its pretty obvious that gotou is gonna ditch nagase and end up with tsukamoto, its the one true pairing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

oh he mad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is this now the gay equivalent of people getting mad about Free! because it was about buff guys instead of cute girls?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The more I think about that image, the more I laugh.

Someone please erase it from my brain before I die of laughter.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ViggyNash posted:

The more I think about that image, the more I laugh.

Someone please erase it from my brain before I die of laughter.

I still feel that way about this

dotJPG posted:

umm, really don't know where I was going with this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Lol I forgot about that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat, this thread is incredibly good

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

ultimatemegax posted:

Given the back cover text, it's likely Takeda was pushed to write that as an editiorial decision more than her own desire.

Could you post the back cover text?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Is this now the gay equivalent of people getting mad about Free! because it was about buff guys instead of cute girls?

it's more like people not realizing lesbians actually exist irl

the genre of homosexuals. only shows in that genre should have gay characters

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I hate you, and so do my ribs.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

ViggyNash posted:

I hate you, and so do my ribs.

Hey, hey.

*whispers in ear*

~Royal Couple~ :laugh:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

characters that were diminished and attacked

definitely the best part

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

the genre of homosexuals. only shows in that genre should have gay characters

It's hard to decipher their mangled english, but yeah, this is pretty much what people on mal are saying.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hmmmm, could still go either way.

Asuka remains best character.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Still hoping. Still diminishing and attacking the royals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Fangz posted:

Still hoping. Still diminishing and attacking the royals.

Time for the proletariat to rise up, imo.

• Locked thread