Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hm. These high school girls are sufficiently knock kneed I suppose. Tentative watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Have you ever watched any anime by Kyoto Animation?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

aers posted:

those are underage legs, dude, come on.

Don't mind if I do

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dotJPG posted:

umm, really don't know where I was going with this

Hello.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hello.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

a sapphire can be like any color but red. red sapphires are called rubies

What the gently caress.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

A million lesbians coming very close, but not actually, to kissing.

:mrgw:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm only like 3 minutes in but it looks like KyoAni finally decided to make a good show again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everything after Nichijou has been varying shades of mediocre or bad. But this seems cool, especially since the plot is just "we took the story of Free and made it about band instead, but less gay".

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every kyoani show has good animation, the most technically impressive in the business I think.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shukaro posted:

That's not tough when you animate the same (high school girls) stuff in every show.

True, but their best work usually has unique aesthetics, like Lucky Star and Nichijou. Every other show looks like a more detailed version of Haruhi but nothing in that department will ever top Disappearance, but I'm glad they try.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shukaro posted:

Please don't remind me that they'll never animate more Nichijou and will just try to see if anybody will still buy Haruhi forever.

They don't even offer the latter, sadly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i really like the little end cards this show has. well i guess they are not really the end cards because these show up in the middle of the show but you know what i mean

episode 1

episode 2

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My high school band accepted people who had no experience. Our band sucked rear end though. Also if you like the style of the show check out Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Nichijou and Lucky Star. K-On too maybe.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Refried Hero posted:

Maybe someone can answer this (maybe it's a cultural thing): do high school students (in Japan) who are relatively serious about music not buy their own instruments and practice at home? Pretty much my entire high school band had access to instruments to take home, if they didn't outright own their instrument. Just being somewhat serious about music, it makes sense to have an instrument to practice on. It could be a cultural thing though? Maybe?

It's dependent on whether or not you can afford the instruments. Basically no one in my high school owned their instruments, they practiced at school if they wanted to

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

i haven't actually seen it, but i was under the impression kanon and clannad were the most melodramatic depressing type of anime imaginable

they're extremely pandering and hokey and the ending to both is terrible.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The sexy band teacher is cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't like the 3d backgrounds they use for some tracking shots as characters walk on sidewalks. It's happened like 3 times now and it's ugly and jarring considering how kyoani has spent so long slavishly perfecting their romantic and detailed backgrounds in all their other recent shows

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This episode was leg heaven

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I hope Kumiko and her middle school trumpet friend kiss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would like to see a scene in an anime where a bunch of guys at a sleepover nervously make jokes about how big their dicks are now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

whoa, it's so stiff! what is this?
i'll help, too
what do i do?
don't worry. hold this end. ready?
one two *grunt*

:mrgw:

Hell yea

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You were born to blow me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Funniest episode yet and this show is quickly growing on me. Anyone have a gif of the color swapped Midori clones playing tuba

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

coathat posted:

drat episode seven was a stinker.

Wrong. Did you see how beautiful the water was in all the outdoor scenes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watched all of Kanon despite thinking it was the dumbest poo poo in the world because of how beautiful all the snow was. KyoAni should do another cold climate show

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

I never got past a couple episodes because the eyes terrified me.

You didn't miss anything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's gonna be such bullshit when these two don't kiss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell yeah!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope they have a tiny clone color swapped Midori gag at some point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

i liked that they bothered animating the lights from cars on the road

They eye movement in this episode was really good. much subtler than other shows.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ore Monogatari doesn't really fit their MO.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

snafu season 2 does the same thing. its always cool when anime shows are subtle cause it leads to a lot of people missing plot points

Lol. You ever see Utena? There's an entire episode built around a gag that the symbolism is too obtuse.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

i forget the episode but the gag is that arrows point to every single piece of symbolism. most of them are phallic imagery. the main villain is surrounded by big-rear end cacti and one of his henchmen walks in with a tiny little baby cactus and like fifteen arrows appear just in case you didn't get it.

Yeah haha. Utena is so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When. There's a 0% chance of that happening

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

aers posted:

they dont have to kiss to be in a relationship

I will accept a cunnilingus scene I guess

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

aers posted:

oh man this show is really good at subtle character stuff its so refreshing but BY GOD unless they outright kiss its a complete failure

Yes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Durrrr people shouldn't kiss in a romantic melodrama.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

I don't think they'll ever do something that's not an adaptation. It's pretty much their MO.

They did a few already though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually she's going to wake up and eat her hot wife's pussy out before they go to cook their morning eggs together.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread