Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's not how it worked at all though. Sarah was a bunch of floating point errors in various subsystems that somehow glitched their way into sentience, and what was killing the game by the end was all of her was squatting in the active memory of a massive cloud network designed to handle thousands of game actions and network activity simultaneously. And her memory footprint was just getting bigger and bigger because, well, Sarah was a living being with new experiences with every passing second. All of which is actually rooted in real computer science, memory-usage-wise at least, (and also why the whole "we stuck her in a tiny Gunpla that's somehow alive" is an astoundingly stupid resolution). That's not something that can be compartmentalized down to "well there's entire communities of them now".

They did just say the servers had an upgrade so maybe there is more memory for it to happen.

100% the girl the lead is searching for is an AI though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

amigolupus posted:

Honestly, I'm fine with this hiatus since it gives them more time to plot out the rest of the story.

Yeah if your going to have a break this is a good place as it has a very good hook to bring you back (Save the world, save the Diver stuck in the world and being used by the bad guy) but not to mean of a cliffhanger that it annoys you.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Onmi posted:

I don't want The Origin with that shite rear end CGI. It looks loving ugly, choppy as gently caress like the framerate's dropped to the sub-10s and it makes Char look slow.

How the gently caress is it 2019, almost 2020 and Zoids is still the premier "CGI battles look cool"?

The funny thing is the cgi in Aikatsu done by Bandai owned studio is some of the best TV anime cg so they have studios that could do it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

amigolupus posted:

Yeah, they didn't need to include that detail but I'm glad they did anyway. The writers put a lot of thought into what they wanted to show the viewers.

I'm hoping that plays into the big fight with Masaki when we get to it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Obari reusing his ideas from the FF anime for Gundam is good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Noble Gundam is in this weird place as a design cause it's in an uneasy middle ground between the Mobile Suit girls art (that lead to the Galaxy Fraueline Yuna games/anime) and designs like Virtual On's Fei-yen and doesn't really stand out cause of it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Third season is the evil Mobage company trying to turn the new AI lifeforms into gacha cards

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

For me G-reco is weird in that I feel like it places it would of been better if it was a 2 cour series and we got some Turn-A style slow build episode to give some depth to the story. And in other places I was very much like no, show being 26 episodes was the right length as if it was longer it'd just lean into the stuff that I'm not into

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Droyer posted:

It is a 2 cour series

.... yeah not sure why I thought 26 episodes was 1 cour ..:P

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I like the look of that Gundam. Feels classic but also new at the same time

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Princess Principal crossed over with Code Geass but with Gundam's would be a pretty great series

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Had gacha stuff included for Granblue Fantasy IIRC.

Season 1 had gacha too - Season 2 sold more cause it was a really good sequel

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I liked G-Reco but it was a messy show that somehow felt rushed and needed more time but also a show that I didn't want more than 26 episodes off. But at least it was an interesting Tomino mess and not a boring Tomino mess

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The grunt suits in Mercury Witch actually remind me of Turn A's overall designs a lot

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Build Fighters Try ONA where Fumina and Kaoruko are basically Precure is entertaining if you like Precure and Gundam

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Funnily enough the Gundam series with the most aliens in it is Build Divers ReRise the show about people fighting with Gundam's in VR

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm guessing you could also reason that during the Wars all R&D was being focused on weapons and such so stuff like FTL travel research gets abandoned cause it doesn't help blow stuff up faster. Colony and other tech was already done so they can keep making it but they've hit a wall and won't be able to get past it till they stop trying to kill each other

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Despite seeing Re:Rise's twist a mile away it's actual reveal was handled pretty good in the series and really helped it feel like the most Gundam of the Build series

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I imagine there's a parallel world out there where Harmony Gold talked to 80's Sunrise and got Gundam for Robotech and that sure would be a fascinating world to look at in a way

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SRW30 NT stuff almost is able to save it but I don't think it quite gets there either

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

1/6th scale HG Big Zam when

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Wing would be great but also which version of Char do we want to interact with Prospers in SRW. Cause all would be amazing but in different ways

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SEED is probably the one of the better shows to do a remake or a reboot sequel series as it has the core of a really good series but the original didn't quite hit the potential and Destiny is well...Destiny.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

No, I think at its core Seed has some good ideas that could make for a great Gundam/mecha anime. Doss Seed actually reach that potential? No...but that's why I think it'd be a good candidate for a remake

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also like the graphs and numbers support it as being successful too!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm a bit shocked they haven't tried that type of crossover for the Build series since its premises actually lends itself to crazy crossover movies/shows

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think its partly they do won't to do crossovers like that with the serious Gundam shows and partly cause anything they do would probably not match a good Super Robot Wars game.

Otoh I'd love to see a movie of Amuro, Koji Kabuto, and Ryoma Nagare working together

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Obari directing the next AMAIM should make in interesting at least, though it might not be good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, have you seen the toys? Clover's just not good.

I wonder how many of those still exist and if they're dirt cheap or are stupidly expensive

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You can mimic the 00's character design but I doubt you can capture the awkward look of the digital transition that Seed and most early 00's shows have

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I don't expect the Seed movie to be good but hope it's at least an entertaining train wreck

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Try special that had Fumina and Kaoruko be Gundam Cure Black and Cure White was also good but I'm probably biased there

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yas predicting the modern Jordan heel turn by having him be Char

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The origin manga definitely is trying to make sure it shows all three form of Char (The original series, Quattro, CCA char) during it's run and isn't out to make him look cool. But much like people go "Wow Cool Robots" the manga has Char doing cool things and people overlook them blowing up in his face cause he's doing cool things

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

hostess with the Moltres posted:

I liked the origin changing the guncannon and guntank to be mass produced because it helps explain why the gundam and consequently the gms are a step up. It also makes a little more sense to me that the feddies would have ineffective mobile suits before making a breakthrough with the gundam.

They feel a lot like a military procurement boondoggle where there was a bunch of contractors in the design phase just adding stuff to drive up cost and not really thinking about the real world use of them which hey fits in greatly for the fact they originally existed cause they wanted more super roboty type toys at the time

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Turn A's OST and openings are excellent too

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I kinda of want this to get super dumb....Entertaining dumb but also stupid dumb as well

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean the new designs aren't good so it's gonna dredge up the bad memories of old fans and turn off new viewers

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Reconguista has some big ideas and also has a sense of adventure to it but I'm also not sure it's able to pull them together to be a great show like Gainer or Turn A. It's worth a watch though as it's not a boring show as stuff is happening and the cast is fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

hatty posted:

I see the last G-Reco movie came out a few months ago are they worth watching if you’ve already seen the show?

There's some new stuff and some added explanations but it's not major changes so while I think they're a decent watch it's not must see if TV was enough G-reco for you. Plus the run time is almost the same as the TV series over the 5 movies lamo