Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

devmd01 posted:

Contractor is submitting for permits to get our patio remodel and screened in addition kicked off, he estimated mid-late September to get started.

Now I need to go to microcenter and get another AP to install out there, they have a grand opening sale on unfi APs.

I gotta get some access points for my house and maybe some of those like, powerline adapter things, my router is in the basement rn and i got poo poo coverage in my bedroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Eeyo posted:

I asked a bit ago about house energy audits, what should I expect to pay for a good one? One place quoted me $1800 for door blower, infrared cameras, hvac equipment tests, and duct testing.

Consumers Energy did a basic one at my new house for free, then sent me a check for fifteen dollars. The guy gave me some tips and places I could call that he knew on what you can do for more intensive checks like you're asking, but I think that was just the dude I had and not like, official from the power company.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
when I bought my previous house there had been decent hardwood flooring under the carpet in the whole house, fortunately most of it had been removed before it went on sale, though I was probably pulling staples out the wood for years as I kept finding them, even tho I swear I was being pretty thorough.

There was also carpet on top of the tile in the bathroom, the literal first thing I did after I got the keys after closing was rip that poo poo out.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Vinyl plank flooring is pretty forgiving about the floor not being totally level. Is the floor level enough that it wouldn't drive you insane?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah just take that ring clamp off and see if it even can tighten down enough,. if it can't take it to the store and buy the next size down.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
could be that pipe has been clamped hard so many times the end is kinda tapered in now, so poo poo just slides right off.

If it were me I'd just grab some aluminum duct tape and tape the poo poo out of it so the hose stops falling off.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
yeah I don't overthink it, just put in the sink and spray it out and dry it off

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
you got to think of some way to make him think it's his idea

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

When it comes to handheld power tools, for the most part you just pick your favorite color. They're all pretty comparable. Some of them will have tools that others don't, or have a slightly different ergonomics to them, but that's about it.

you're just going to have to come to grips with the fact that you are committing yourself to a power tool ecosystem when you buy them because the main part of the cost on these things is the batteries, so once you get one thing you might as well get other tools you need in the same brand.

I have Skil ones I got at Menards I'm happy with, but like they're all basically the same at this point

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I will never take yard waste to the curb, that's my organic matter and it belongs in a pile in my backyard to return to the earth from whence it came.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
you could get some single or dual track shelf rails and brackets and and screw them into the studs and get some finished boards to put across them. I have some of these in my living room, there's usually a section of all that stuff at the hardware store, I got these ones from Menards along with some
shelf brackets and a bunch of 1x8 boards for the shelves. that's probably the most affordable solution you could do

https://www.menards.com/main/storag...942-c-12645.htm

the dual track rails and brackets are obviously sturdier, but I'm not putting a bunch of weight on these so I just went for the single track

there's a wide variety of other shelf solutions you could get, but the nicer stuff obviously gets more expensive.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 26, 2024