Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Two episodes in to Tropical Rouge, Laura is the best and I enjoy Cure Papaya's poker face in the opening.

Also Laura and Manatsu are very cute together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That is hilarious and also slightly disturbing why don't they just have actors in wigs and cosplay why are there weird mascot heads for human characters aaaaaaaa

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Fair.

Still terrifying, though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

No more than other mascot characters around the world

And I find all mascot costumes terrifying.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Having watched tropical rouge episode 3, I will amend my earlier statement that Laura and Manatsu are cute together.

Laura, Manatsu, and Sango are all cute together.

Manatsu also has good taste in marine life. Someone needs to tell her about hygiene though; at least three people have used that lipstick already.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Mar 22, 2021

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Larryb posted:

A subbed version of the Hirogaru Sky trailer is out:

https://youtube.com/shorts/Mi2lGl65Tys

Sora’s catchphrase is apparently “It’s hero time!”

Also have a 20th anniversary image made by every main character designer in the franchise:

Man.

Look at how much Nagisa, Honoka, and Sora stand out.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

First blue leader, first male cure, first adult cure. Breaking all the trends this time.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I enjoyed Hirogaru episode 1. Both Sora and Mashiro coming to the conclusion they are dreaming simultaniously was quite amusing.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nodosaur posted:

Sora and Mashiro should kiss

It is very easy to read them as that, yes. The entirely platonic urge to declare you will act as a girl's knight after you previously called her princess and all that.

Anyway I mostly want to talk about how extra Cure Sky's transformation is (there's like three key changes in the song it's ridiculous) and I eagerly await/hope the other cures get equally absurd transformations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm surprised we're introducing Cure Prism and Butterfly's Civilian Form in the same episode, personally.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Disappointed in how much better Sky's attack and transformation look in comparison to Prism's but main character privilege is real.

In any event Prism is cool, Ageha is really cool, and Kabaton is hilarious.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Good lord of the orange bird is flightless I cannot imagine how it gets anywhere. It seems too smol to walk.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Most of my time watching this episode was spent thinking about how Extremely Platonic all of this is, and how there is absolutely no other way you can take it. At all. Especially the part where Sora wants to keep holding hands at the end as they watch a sunset together.

Anyway floating baby is silly but I suppose it has to happen if she's gonna keep giving out powerups and the like. I also appreciate less fat Kabaton and his whole subplot.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm not a big fan of the Pretty Holic shilling (there's enough 'Buy Our Makeup And Toys' in the rest of the show we don't need more talk about how makeup gives you courage) but the rest of the episode is pretty good. Sora and Mashiro's relationship remains Very Platonic, Ageha continues to be cool and good, and Sora continues to be very funny. The fight was perfunctory but that was the point so that worked great.

Shame that group transformation just showed off how worse Prism's transformation is than Sky's, though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well I guess I'm going to have to watch those two series before then.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ah, that was the one. Fun.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was really, really hoping we got an actual genuine dual transformation like we got in Heartcatch for these two, but nope. Just lazily splicing footage together. Boo. Booooooo!

I'm hoping for a good full-group transformation once all four (or at least once all five) have joined.

Anyway Tsubasa looks very smug in the previews so I cannot wait to hear our bird boy speak.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Tsubasa is impressively very cool even when he's a small chubby bird.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

They did look very squishy, yes.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Wing is my friend and deserves the world.

He also has a good transformation, so hopefully they have the time to re-do Prism's.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

They immediately put Tsubasa (more) into the OP so this is already a top-tier season. Prism's transformation is still pretty static...almost conspicuously so, next to Wing and Sky's.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 9, 2023

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Not a big fan of this episode for entirely personal reasons. I do enjoy the previews for next week's, though. That squirrel looks great.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I very much hope that Kabaton just keeps showing up in the background like a generic NPC.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Big fan of Tsubasa's parents, especially how they show up in human form just for the 'everyone turns into a bird at once' gag.

I kind of like the artstyle in the Momotaro parody next week? I do enjoy how Ageha made herself the princess needing to be rescued.

My personal favorite moment was how they made sure to show how much reading Shalala's last message made Sora cry. Even if she seems fine to her friends and a standard plucky Shounen (Shoujo, I guess) hero, she still gets afraid and sad sometimes, and I like how the show makes sure to show that.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 08:14 on May 14, 2023

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I cannot tell which is better: Ageha completely changing the story without the Precures' knowledge, or the Precure getting so into playing their characters that they accidentally start thinking about their actual hero jobs. They take this puppet show so seriously it is wonderful.

Also Tsubasa just has bird friends. I love it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am very fond of Butterfly being the Strongest Nursery School Teacher.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The animation certainly felt like it shifted to something more...cartoony is obviously the wrong word, but it felt like there was a lot more stylized stuff this episode than the last few.

Also they really want to give Ageha that catchphrase, huh? Either that or I really wasn't paying attention.

Still, good episode! Battamon remains a very good villain.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That's cool.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well it's nice to see Laura is still doing Laura things.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I knew this day would come some day.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Tiny hats are cute so that works.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Watched the Wonderful Precure episodes that are out. My favorite characters are the cat and the rabbit because they seem to be masters of expressions. The sheep, meanwhile, seems to be one joke, and I do not like it that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It is somewhat remarkable that they felt their toy commercial wasn't advertising enough so they needed to include literal brand product placement.