Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Jiren is loving op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I think it's more of an issue that Z was written more than twenty years ago and Buu's magic gas was able to separate Goku and Vegega's fusion. There was no intention to keep them fused forever, but that was the reason why they broke apart in the nineties. Twenty years later, they want to bring back Potora fusion but need a new reason for the characters to split apart again.

But no matter what, everything will work out for U7 because Goku has to meet Uub somehow. And Jiren is seriously loving op holy shnikies

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I know that GT is a hot loving mess and shouldn't be watched, but one thing I liked about it was that it gave us Oozaru Saiyans that could go super.

What I'm saying is that Saiyans without tails just annoys the poo poo out of me for some reason and I just want to see soneone turn into a big rear end ape. I get why Goku no longer has one permanently and I presume that Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Pan probably had theirs and the means to regrow them surgically removed. But come on, Vegeta. It's a sign of Saiyan pride! Broly didn't have one either and none of the U6 Saiyans have tails because they lost them over the course of evolution, which has got to translate to: "We, the animators and manga artists, are worked to near death and not including tails on Saiyans anymore affords us another hour to crank out more artwork."

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Shindragon posted:

I just love how in DB we have two colossal fucks up and the series reminds us how they gently caress up everytime.

Shin and Future Trunks. :allears:

Shin just took the opportunity to try to knock Krillin down a peg because everyone else was dogpiling on him but he knows he's more of a gently caress up than Krillin. Least Krillin tried.

I don't think Future Trunks is a fuckup. Things might not go the way he planned, but he plans things put and he doesn't have his head up his rear end like Vegeta does.

Shin's problem is that he's just too unattached to his universe. Some of the other Lords of Lords appear to be attentive to their realms, but they're so far removed from their subjects that people like Saiyans catch them entirely by surprise. Shin wasn't wrong in choosing Gohan to fight Babidi and Dabura, but Shin's lack of attention to Earth meant that he was unaware of Gohan's lapse in training and power. Though I did like that detail in Future Trunks's timeline addressing the issue about Buu and that Shin took Trunks in early enough to prepare him.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I also loathe how Saiyans have seemingly unlimited power if they spend the time training, but non-Saiyan good guys like humans and Namekians bust their asses and are stuck orders of magnitude beneath them. I realize that Goku is and always be the main character and that he's just special and it's just a product of the genre. Krillin, Piccolo, and Tien are probably at a point where they could atomize Frieza when they first encountered him, but it's so boring waching everyone be cannon fodder for Goku. I read the free manga chapters on Viz last night and even Piccolo calls Goku out on it. Good thing my favorite character is Frieza and he's special too or else poo poo would be dull.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

bob human being posted:

He really sucks in the super manga. I might have to watch the anime to see him kick some rear end.

I haven't seen the anime counterpart, but it's more like that Trunks is just completely outclassed by Goku and Vegeta.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I think just about every inconsistency made between DBZ and DBS can be explained as there being a twenty-year gap in writing and poo poo just got forgotten or ignored.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Because all of the gods of destruction and their angelic advisers are named after alcoholic drinks, I like to imagine that all of them are drunk and suddenly their actions or lack thereof makes sense.

I mean, think of all the junk food you've gone out for because you were wasted. Now imagine aliens and gods going to Earth for pizza and pudding because they got loving wasted at a kegger on Yardrat.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The non-Saiyans are the best characters. Future Trunks is the exception.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

I'll allow it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm subbing for a middle school boys class and they're watching 116 of Dragon Ball Super. This is gonna be good.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

reignofevil posted:

Start shouting episode title spoilers at them.

Now why would I do a thing like that?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

ImpAtom posted:

Just start making them up.

"Impossible! The Terrifying Platinum Frieza?!"
"A Heroic Turnabout! Gohan's New Power!"
"Unexpected Defeat! Son Goku Dies In Lava!"

They were watching it with subtitles on Crunchyroll, so...

They keep trying to make poo poo up about the schedule of their halfday before Thanksgiving like I'll totally believe them, so I doubt it would work on them.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It's not so much that Goku always wins, but that he just always comes out on top in the end.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Crabtree posted:

Honestly this was probably the best way for Ribriane to be beaten, by not Goku, and she even respected 18 after she saw how Krillin and her somehow loved each other in their own weird way.

Yeep. It's totally weird how two people that are married also love each other.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Where does Piccolo fall on the power scale anyway? Like, is he stronger than Krillin? Where does he compare to, say, Super Saiyan Goku for instance?

Goku > Vegeta > Frieza > everyone else

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Blaze Dragon posted:

Saying this and "nanomachines" is roughly the same. But apparently S Cells or something.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/936083144402288640

What kind of weed do they have in Japan?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The only thing Vegeta wanted to change about his life was being under Frieza's heel. He'd revert right back to his old ways if Goku wasn't around to stop him.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

HitTheTargets posted:

In a world with no Goku, do Pilaf or the Red Ribbons rule? Or does Kami actually do his job?

None of them do because Majin Buu is eventually released from his container by Babidi.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

chiasaur11 posted:

And thus, Mr. Satan rules supreme.

I know you're just kidding, but without Goku or Gohan, then Mr. Satan has no one whose success he can leech off of.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

RBX posted:

All of these characters better be seen again. They're way more interesting now than the cast we've been with for decades. I'm not even that hyped for FighterZ now because it's not gonna have anybody new.

They will in the sequel Dragon Ball FighterS

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
What kind of champagne should I use so that I can pour a cold one out for Champa?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It's me, the only person in the world that prefers Tien and Krillin over nearly all of the Saiyan characters.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I have never liked Mr. Satan and have never seen the appeal. He is the great wanderer and Toriyama chose his name well.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
If Frieza can withstand Zen-o's erasure, then that's some scary poo poo.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Momomo posted:

Shin didn't even know that Beerus, his counterpart, existed. There's no way he knew about Zeno.

Thinking about that, this means Shin must have thought he was the top of the top, like we did. The series really makes so much more sense with Super adding in the tiers of gods.

Not really.

If there were any holes in the cosmic hierarchy of the Dragon Ball universe before Battle of Gods, it was where a filler character like Grand Kai fit in to the whole thing if there were kais above even him. Otherwise, it just seemed like Shin was completely out of touch with the goings on of Earth and the rest of the mortal universe until Babidi started making his move to resurrect Majin Buu.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The real question is how much more sense does Dragon Ball make if I read Dr. Slump?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm going to laugh if Yamcha and the other human characters are OP at launch and they have to get nerfed into unplayability.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Who What Now posted:

Tien is the strongest human and deserves to be respected as such. :colbert:

Beaten down like all the rest are?

I love Tien btw

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I feel like I should see Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans first to fully appreciate the jokes about it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I don't think Goku knows what sex is and Gohan's conception was immaculate.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm going to ruin the joke and say that it takes longer than an hour to get pregnant.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Please do not deny a child of the driving lessons episode.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
So does Pilaf's gang make the same wish for youth in Future Trunks's timeline or what?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
But Earth was destroyed once by Buu. Which I guess means that when the world was restored with the Namekian dragon balls, Frieza's remains came back too.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

punk rebel ecks posted:

There's a new episode this week? It's not up on Crunchyroll.

Next week.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Mr Interweb posted:

Okay, just to be clear, all y'all are hate watching this show, right? Nobody legitimately likes DBS, right?

Anyone that likes something even the tiniest bit should stuff a loaded weapon into their mouth and pull the trigger. Because seriously, what else is life about other than burying everything in so many layers of sarcasm that you forgot what you were making fun of in the first place?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
World War 3 will happen if Super Saiyan 4 ended up in Dragon Ball Super.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Holding hands and thinking happy thoughts, Vegeta insulting a string-bean kid until he goes Super Saiyan, back tingles, being swallowed by a Spirit Bomb (though I still like Ultra Instinct as a whole), "BUT I MADE A PROMISE!!!"

I don't know if it's in the Japanese script, but in the Funimation dub, Goku brings out Gohan's transformation by telling him that transforming into a Super Saiyan is a need, not a desire. The S-cell thing fucks all that up but I suppose it makes as much sense as a pressing need and an advanced fighting power bringing out the transformation. I was also expecting Vegeta to get a blue Super Saiyan 3 because it would have shown a more obvious growth than glitter in his aura. Maybe even lightning bolts.

I'm also really loving annoyed by Jiren now and want him to win this mother fucker or get knocked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

HGH posted:

Jiren just grabbing a Destructo Disk and throwing it my back kinda made me lose all faith in the move. The whole thing is that it's supposed to cut anything, but I guess in the face of a guy who can flat out fight time control it doesn't mean much.

A sawblade will cut your hand off, but if you're strong and fast enough, you could catch it while it's spinning.